Sponsored

O2 Extensions, any news of updates?

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was trying to get a hold of O2 extensions and was wondering if there are any available for the 2015 yet? Any info or help will be appreciated!
Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I was trying to get a hold of O2 extensions and was wondering if there are any available for the 2015 yet? Any info or help will be appreciated!
Post a picture of both ends of your o2 plug so I can see if we have anything that will work for you. ( Closeup of the connector and the pin locations is what's needed. )

Joe @ UPR

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Joe,

This is the only picture I have at the moment. Will this one do or will you need more pictures?
IMG_0219.jpg

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
That is new to us and I will pick up a few sensors from ford and send them out to be made. Maybe a 4-6 weeks to produce them. Thank you for the image and once I get them you can have a set for free.

I'd like to see the male side as well if you could get it.

I know the time frame is less than ideal, but it's the best I can offer.

Joe

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is new to us and I will pick up a few sensors from ford and send them out to be made. Maybe a 4-6 weeks to produce them. Thank you for the image and once I get them you can have a set for free.

I know the time frame is less than ideal, but it's the best I can offer.

Joe
Thanks Joe! That would be awesome and I really appreciate that and it's not a problem waiting. Also, if you can get an extra O2 sensor from them I can buy it from you because I can't find any place that has O2's for the 2015 so far. And yes I can get you a picture of the male side too. I will be taking my car to the shop Tuesday so I can PM you a picture of it then.

I installed headers on my car and had to slice the wires and extend them on the O2 for the passenger side (Sensor 1 which is in the manifold). Unfortunately I'm get a CEL (P2251) after a couple hundred miles of driving. Might need to replace that one.

Thanks again! :D

Last edited:

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Will those extensions be required for all header installations? I live in california and was wondering if the O2 sensors are connected only if you plan to keep the cats or for all applications? Never installed headers before.

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Will those extensions be required for all header installations? I live in california and I want to keep the cats.
The only problem I had was with the O2 one the passenger side (Senor 1 Pre-cat). The reason for this is the connector is part of the harness right behind the engine bay and installing LT headers brings the O2 further downstream. You can't bring the connector from the harness down unless you cut it open and I didn't want to do that which is why I would prefer an extension for that. The other 3 O2's shouldn't be a problem plugging in without an extension whether doing Shorty headers or LT headers.

OP
OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, when I did my headers I remember that the O2 on the driver side (Sensor 1 pre-cat) also could use an extension because the connector that it connects to is connected to the engine block with a push pin and I had to detach it in order for it to reach the O2.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Extensions are only necessary on M6 cars. If you have an A6, the stock harness is sufficient.
Sponsored