Sponsored

Video: How to Install S550 Mustang Interior LEDs! 2015+ Interior LED Conversion Kit!

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
Did the price of the parts to do the front turn signals come way down? Seems I recall a price around $72 earlier on but from what I could find on the DD we site it seems way less. Possible I'm missing something required on their web page?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Did the price of the parts to do the front turn signals come way down? Seems I recall a price around $72 earlier on but from what I could find on the DD we site it seems way less. Possible I'm missing something required on their web page?
We are currently out of stock on the switchbacks, so the listing has been taken down for the time being. We should have more arriving this week

The kit retails for $72, which includes the HP3 194 bulbs for the sidemarkers

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
HP3 Map lights and XP80 Back-up lights ordered!

Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
HP3 Map lights and XP80 Back-up lights ordered!
Both installed and they look MUCH better than stock. I had an initial issue with one of the map light LEDs not wanting to go into the socket at all. I found that pinching the ends of the contact wires as close as possible toward each other at the edge of the insert tab allowed it to go into the socket.

They look great. And the XP80 as the back-up light looks really bright and white in daylight. I'll have to see how it looks at night, but I expect a big improvement.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Update: Received and installed the HP5 trunk light; what a difference! The stock one is almost useless. The trunk is now adequately lit and the bright white looks great, lighting up the large GT logo on my trunk's Ultimat beautifully.

On a whim, I also put in a red HP3 into the glove box to match my ambient interior and gauge pure-red lighting setting, and it looks GREAT. It was very fiddly to get it in, taking multiple attempts. At one point the LED got pretty stuck with it not illuminated, making me concerned that I had blown the bulb or a fuse. While trying to get it out, the socket came partially loose from the glove box, but I got it snapped back in by pushing it towards the rear of the car. But eventually I got the red LED out again, and then checked the socket's fuse (fine) by reinstalling the original bulb, and then checked the red LED by putting it into the much more accessible map light socket (also fine). Tried installing the red HP3 again, and, with careful alignment and luck, it went right in.

But it was worth it, because even with the red, rather than the bright white, it lights up the compartment sufficiently and looks AWESOME, matching my ambient lighting perfectly. I ordered a white one too in case I didn't like the red, but the red STAYS! I will try to get a nighttime picture this weekend.

Next are the vanity lights, waiting for an electronics spudger tool to arrive to pop off the lenses without damage to the lenses or the mirrors. I tried with a small screwdriver earlier, but they were stubborn and I thought I was going to break them or scratch the mirror.

And the SP80 in the back-up light housing is great at night. So too are the HP3 map lights; I wouldn't want or need them to be any brighter.

Big improvements! And informative and prompt service from DD!

Last edited:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Red HP3 LED in Glovebox to match Red Ambient and Gauge lighting (also HP3 Bright White Map lighting):

Last edited:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vanity lights finally installed!

Ended up using the tiniest-bladed screwdriver I had, getting it under the bottom corner nearest the mirror, and then using some mini-pliers to grab the shank of the screwdriver very close to the lens, and then pulling with the pliers to get a straight backward pull. It took a little reefing on it, first to get the bottom corner loose and then some more to get the top loose, after which it flew outta there. I thought it would break somewhere, but it didn't. I protected the corner of the mirror with some electrical tape in case I slipped (which I didn't), but I still think it's a good idea.

I also detached the whole mirror/light assembly by undoing the two screws, one each behind each lens. Makes old-bulb removal and new-bulb insertion and polarity checking really simple. It's important to close the mirror flap when reinstalling so that the mirror-open switch activator is aligned and works. I also pushed in and up the fabric at the bottom of the visor when snapping the assembly back in to keep the fabric tight.

I very lightly sanded with very fine grit emory paper the very edge of the lenses where the screwdriver made some minor deformations. They look untouched now.

I put in a little bit of aluminum foil stuck to double-sided tape in the little housing, but extending a quarter inch or so past the housing to increase reflectivity, making sure it was well away from the contacts. Not sure it helps much, maybe a little. Really a forward-facing LED might be a better idea than the sideways one, but it's being pretty picky, because it looks fine.

All LEDs now installed and I am quite pleased.

BLKONBLK2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Installed the Vanity, Map, Trunk, XP80 back-up and glove box lights today. Wow....what a difference. Awesome products made by awesome people.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Installed the Vanity, Map, Trunk, XP80 back-up and glove box lights today. Wow....what a difference. Awesome products made by awesome people.
We are glad you like them! Thanks for ordering with us

Nick C.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Received and installed. Is there a way we can verify we received stage 2 vs stage 1?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Received and installed. Is there a way we can verify we received stage 2 vs stage 1?
The HP5 has a copper heat sink and 5 LEDs if you look at the diffusing lens. The HP3 doesn't have the copper heat sink.

Nick C.