Sponsored

Video: How to Install S550 Mustang Interior LEDs! 2015+ Interior LED Conversion Kit!

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Installed these this evening. Very good fit and finish. As a point of reference I also purchased a generic 10 pack of similar bulbs as they were so cheap to do a comparison. They were Samsung bulbs. They did not fit in the housing of the map light so no comparison inside. However when both were connected and just exposed the cheaper bulb just looked wrong. Almost too bright and harsh. The DD bulb was nicely diffused and looked great.

For the glove box light lower the book compartment you will make it a lot easier. I did however somehow blow fuse #1 ding the glove so I had to change out with the spare 15amp to ensure the lights were all working and then removed it until I get the appropriate size. Odd that they wouldn't include a spare of each size, seems strange to me.

Also did the reverse light, very simple install and also looks great. Probably do the switch backs tomorrow night after work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Ordered Cool White Stage 2 interior kit and XP80 reverse! Can't wait to receive them! I sent you guys a PM.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Installed these this evening. Very good fit and finish. As a point of reference I also purchased a generic 10 pack of similar bulbs as they were so cheap to do a comparison. They were Samsung bulbs. They did not fit in the housing of the map light so no comparison inside. However when both were connected and just exposed the cheaper bulb just looked wrong. Almost too bright and harsh. The DD bulb was nicely diffused and looked great.

For he trunk light lower the book compartment you will make it a lot easier. I did however somehow blow fuse #1 ding the glove so I had to change out with the spare 15amp to ensure the lights were all working and then removed it until I get the appropriate size. Odd that they wouldn't include a spare of each size, seems strange to me.

Also did the reverse light, very simple install and also looks great. Probably do the switch backs tomorrow night after work.
Thanks for the feedback!

Did you take any pictures with them installed?

Nick C.

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Sorry! You guys are paying 24 USD plus 5 USD for 4x T10 bulbs?

WOW!:shocked: I should start selling them too! Guys, please. That is a 15 Cent part. Well. I guess people have still to much money. :headbonk:

You can get them in RED/GREEN/BLUE/AMBER/WHITE on eBay 10 PCS for 1.18 USD including free shipping. And they are good for 50,000 hours.

Maybe I should start selling here too. :tsk:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Best-Selling...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b8817527

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-10x-Car-T1...72?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&var=&hash=item2a3b5b48bc
T10 Bulbs on E-Bay are cheap Chinese crap - like Christmas Tree lights that last for about 20 minutes. You get what you pay for.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Got my Stage 2 Kit and Reverse LED Saturday very quickly from Missouri to Virginia!

I have to say what a amazing product. DD puts out quality.

I did the install in about 20 mins. The longest part was the reverse light. It came out easy enough but the weird mount Ford has it in is a little tricky but nothing to hard its night and day though I haven't seen it at night with the reverse camera but I'm sure it's going to look great.

Dont mind my mess I need to organize lol

I chose the brightest option

Gorgeous it literally completes the rear of the car.

Like I said awesome and what a difference.

Quality 10
Price 8
Install 7(due to Ford)
Overall solid 9

Then I went inside and did the Stage 2 Kit. Btw Nick I love the little Diode Dynamics kit box. Nice touch! Moving on. First I went after the map lights and ouch. Pull on one side first then the other mine was in there snug.

I hated HATED the stock lights they give the Ceramic leather a peach look....blegh

Housing wasn't too bad but watch those finger tips. Already it looks better.

O...M...G it made me want to cry. The C7 spoiled me with its LED map lights but no longer am I missing them! What a difference as you can see the seats no longer look peach.

Then I moved to the glove box. As some have said drop down the drivers manual tray it gives you a little room. I honestly did this blind. I sat in the drivers seat and used feel. Flat head popped it right out and the LED went right in. Super simple and it looks great!

Then I moved to the trunk. This one wasnt to bad either just beware the heat. I got a good view. Pushed the flat head on the tab and the housing popped right down. Unhooked the wire (note there's a little tab on the wire you press to unhook it.) Stupid me touched the bulb and that sucker was hot ha. Popped it out with the flat head. Popped in the LED, hooked up the wire and snapped the housing back in. I didn't get a shot of the trunk but it's bathed in beautiful white light.

Overall a very easy install. I'm leaving the vanity for now since they never get used anyways but I'll do them eventually.

Quality 11 (I loved the box lol)
Price 9
Install 8
Overall very solid 10

In closing I would like to suggest those of you on the fence to get this asap. It gets rid of any cheap feel to the lighting....because it is stock. I would also suggest to get the Stage 2 Kit. It's not overpowering it seems just right. I feel the Stage 1 might be a little dim. I would like to thank Diode Dynamics once again for a excellent product. Best Mod under $100!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Anyone know the part number of the trunk bulb housing/lens shown above? ^^^^^^

I broke the tab that holds it in when I swapped in the LED bulb from DD and I still can't find the part number for this anywhere. Mine is being held by double sided tape right now and I would prefer to fix it "right" even though no one will ever see it.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Anyone know the part number of the trunk bulb housing/lens shown above? ^^^^^^

I broke the tab that holds it in when I swapped in the LED bulb from DD and I still can't find the part number for this anywhere. Mine is being held by double sided tape right now and I would prefer to fix it "right" even though no one will ever see it.
I've been digging for a bit and found this

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

The picture doesn't enlarge on my phone but if you look at the purple part in the picture I think that's what you need.

If the link doesn't work just go to Ford parts. Search for 2015 mustang and go to lighting-lighting interior and click dome light and look at the diagram.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I've been digging for a bit and found this

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

The picture doesn't enlarge on my phone but if you look at the purple part in the picture I think that's what you need.

If the link doesn't work just go to Ford parts. Search for 2015 mustang and go to lighting-lighting interior and click dome light and look at the diagram.

Thank you very much, that looks to be it. :)

But good gravy $41 for a small plastic lens/socket is nutty. I may just stick with the double sided tape until I can find one at a salvage yard for less coin.

Regardless, thank you. :)

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Thank you very much, that looks to be it. :)

But good gravy $41 for a small plastic lens/socket is nutty. I may just stick with the double sided tape until I can find one at a salvage yard for less coin.

Regardless, thank you. :)
It may be a kit by the looks of the diagram so I think you get the roof dome lights and the rear...

Just go rent a mustang and acquire the part lol

Sponsored

Hoosierdaddy27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Question: I have my back seats flipped down and noticed that my trunk light is on (waited for everything else to turn off to make sure it wasn't a 'security' feature) is this to be expected or did I somehow screw up something so simple?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Question: I have my back seats flipped down and noticed that my trunk light is on (waited for everything else to turn off to make sure it wasn't a 'security' feature) is this to be expected or did I somehow screw up something so simple?
PM Response sent

Thanks!
Nick C.