Sponsored

Dash-Cam

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Yeah, that seems like a good idea. That video led me to their site and the BlackVue DR650GW with both front and rear cams. Seems like an easy way to keep people honest in my parking garage setting.

Now I just have to figure out if there is a viable place to put the second camera without it being a distraction. Probably not, but I'll definitely check that out before I pick a camera option.

It will definitely need to have the parking mode option, as that seems like the real benefit for me. 90% of the damage my current car received was from the parking garage.

Then I just have to see where I can get the power supply to fit in a hardwired install.

I need to create a budget so I don't get too crazy and so I make sure I keep enough cash on hand after I get the car to do all this stuff.

With A/S tires, tint, stripes, camera(s), exhaust, new wheels for summer tires, and tune, it's going to add up quick.
Sponsored

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
The $13 dollar one does not come with a battery. Find another auction with a battery or if you don't car about having it plugged in all the time go for it.

It will achieve the exact same function as the $200 dash cam without all the fancy bells and whistles, but your paying 90% less.

Here is a sample recording from my dash cam. (mind the music)

Is there some kind of requirement that all dashcam videos have horrifically bad music playing at levels that cause the microphone to distort? :shrug:

It just seems that 90% of the Russian dashcam videos that have sound have the exact same soundtrack.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Is there some kind of requirement that all dashcam videos have horrifically bad music playing at levels that cause the microphone to distort? :shrug:

It just seems that 90% of the Russian dashcam videos that have sound have the exact same soundtrack.
No the same soundtrack is built into the dash cam, so when you play it back you always hear it. :lol:;)

JK. Song was playing on the radio yes it sounds horrible because the dash cam mic is cheap.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled the trigger on the BlackVue DR650GW, two channel dash cam setup. It comes with a front and rear camera, plus a box to wire to the car that gives it power when the key is off and allows for video in parking mode based on motion detection. The box also turns off the system if the battery power gets too low.

It has WiFi, GPS, and a G-Meter.

I should have gotten one of these sooner.

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I pulled the trigger on the BlackVue DR650GW, two channel dash cam setup. It comes with a front and rear camera, plus a box to wire to the car that gives it power when the key is off and allows for video in parking mode based on motion detection. The box also turns off the system if the battery power gets too low.

It has WiFi, GPS, and a G-Meter.

I should have gotten one of these sooner.
More info please.
I have a tab open at http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=26
but I'd like to know how you wired it (not my strength) and does tint make the back one useless? How do you access the video?
Where did you get it and how much?

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You could always just use an old cell phone. Not your one that's actually active currently.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Anyone install a dashcam in their s550 and managed to hide the wires? If so, speak up!

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I have both front and rear cam installed. wire is all hidden.

I'd take pictures.... but it's hidden. ;)

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I have both front and rear cam installed. wire is all hidden.

I'd take pictures.... but it's hidden. ;)
What dash cam brand, how much? Is it hard wired into the car or plugs into the cig lighter? Did you install yourself or professionally done?

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, post #34 of this thread.

blackboxmycar.com, it's in CAD, so it's a bit cheaper in USD than what's listed. I think it was $390 USD. I got the BlackVue 650 w/ the power box that will cut power if battery drops too low.

From front, the wire slips easily under the headliner over to the passenger A-pillar, where I tucked it into the separation at the top of the A-pillar cover over to the weather stripping. I then pulled back the weather stripping and used a plastic card to pull back the a-pillar plastic cover and slipped the wire inside. There was only one spot that was more difficult because of an internal clip I had to work to get behind. Then it ran down to the dash and slipped back behind everything, where I wired it into the fuse panel in the foot well.

Then there is another wire that runs from the front camera to the back camera. I followed the same path over to the A-pillar, but instead of going down, I went back along the passenger side headliner, slipping the wire in. I connected the other end to the back camera, then slipped the wire up under the rear headliner along the top window.

At which point, there was a TON of extra wire at the C-pillar, which I pushed into the plastic cover because there's lots of empty space in there. I was a little worried I'd get some rattling since I didn't secure the wire to itself because the opening is pretty tight. However, there's been no noise at all from the system.

I bought a couple add-a-fuse- fuse doublers, but I bought the wrong size. when I went to look for the Micro2 or Micro3 ones we need (I got mini), I didn't see any that looked like they'd quite work for the way the pins need to be separated. So, rather than buy another item that wouldn't work (you need two actually), I just did the hack and slash and wrapped the wire on one leg and called it good.

The camera takes very little voltage/amperage, so I'm not concerned about overloading anything. The system takes two fuses because it needs one for always on (PWR) and one for ACC. It does this so that it can switch from driving mode to parking mode.

Parking mode activates from motion/G sensing, and driving mode is always on. It also has wifi so you can see your videos from inside the car. Make it easy to review at an accident without needing anything but your phone.

pretty slick and takes good video. Not only that, but it's also invisible from inside. It sits behind the rear view mirror and you have to stretch to see it. the camera on the back window is right up at the top and you hardly know it's there. It doesn't obstruct the view in any way.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I have had the Mobius ActionCam for years and love it.

ELPYBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang EB Premium w/ PP and Navi
East Court Ford. (Sheppard and Kennedy) Went there because they were a high volume dealer and were able to give me a deep discount on the S550 (6% below invoice).
Good luck with it. I got a similar discount at 5% below invoice.
Do you have your VIN yet?
I got mine last Thursday - Retail order Priority 10

Sorry to :threadjacked: my own thread
Opensesame it's at mccowan and Sheppard. Did you guys got the deal with employee discount?

going back to topic man that black vue with 2ch is nice but very pricey.

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Opensesame it's at mccowan and Sheppard. Did you guys got the deal with employee discount?

going back to topic man that black vue with 2ch is nice but very pricey.
I'll be in that area tomorrow using my dad's garage to put on all the DD LEDs.

I got the Friends and Family discount while it was still on and got discount off of that.

For the BlackVue try AutoSound Design at Main St. & 7 Unionville. I'll let him say the price as I probably got family discount. He's good and will do the installation if you want. Ask for Tom and tell him it's a 2015 mustand and you hear about them from George.
Sponsored