Dash-Cam

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I did a search and didn't see any threads on this.

Anyone here have and plan to get a dash-cam? I don't have one currently but I'm considering it for security/insurance claims reasons.
There was a scam here in Toronto where someone would intentionally reverse into cars at traffic lights. Slow enough to not enough to do serious damage but enough where they can scam the victim to settle without insurance.

I haven't seen this here for a couple years but someone was charged thanks to a victim with a dashboard cam.

I just want something small, discrete, recording loop, good night quality, motion sensor.

I'm new to it so was hoping to get some feedback.
I don't want an eyesore in my car so I want something small enough that it's hidden from site behind the mirror. I don't want any cables showing so I don't know if these need constant power or if they're charged. If charged, that defeats the purpose of motion sensor when parked (I think).
Sponsored

dcspears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic
I'm also going to get a dash cam and interested in the responses as well.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Anyone here have and plan to get a dash-cam? I don't have one currently but I'm considering it for security/insurance claims reasons.
There was a scam here in Toronto where someone would intentionally reverse into cars at traffic lights. Slow enough to not enough to do serious damage but enough where they can scam the victim to settle without insurance.

I haven't seen this here for a couple years but someone was charged thanks to a victim with a dashboard cam.

I just want something small, discrete, recording loop, good night quality, motion sensor.

I don't want an eyesore in my car so I want something small enough that it's hidden from site behind the mirror. I don't want any cables showing so I don't know if these need constant power or if they're charged. If charged, that defeats the purpose of motion sensor when parked (I think).
GoPro with a big memory card...?

Additionally, how does reversing into someone at a light, going to scam them..?

OP
OP

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
GoPro with a big memory card...?

Additionally, how does reversing into someone at a light, going to scam them..?
GoPro isn't discrete... It might work, that's why I'm looking for first hand experience.
The one downside is I wouldn't want to leave it in the car 24/7.

A purpose built dashcam doesn't say "steal me" like GoPro would

They would reverse into someone and claim that they were rear-ended.
Who is the cop/insurance going to believe so for small damage some people paid.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I have one in my FR-S. It is an Itronics ITB-100HD. It has decent picture quality, but what I really like is that it has GPS on it so it shows you where you are on google maps while you play it back. It also shows you your speed. It is all black and I put it right behind my rearview mirror so it is hardly noticeable. It also has a park mode where it will turn on if it sees motion while you are parked. It is also attached to a box that will turn it off completely if the car battery falls below a certain voltage.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Amazon has a ton of these, curious if anyone has any first hand experience with them as I'd like to get one too.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

I bought a dash cam off e-bay around $30, and a 16 gb sd card inside it, it records in HD and has night vision. Gives me about 3-4 hours of recording before it loops back on the data. The battery that comes with it is crap so I have it plugged in all the time. I've used it for almost 2 years now. No accidents or scams so far! Going to use it in my Mustang as well. There is no dash cam that has enough battery power on its own, you will need to have it plugged in majority of the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6LED-2-5-Fu...408?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a93258760

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I have one in my FR-S. It is an Itronics ITB-100HD. It has decent picture quality, but what I really like is that it has GPS on it so it shows you where you are on google maps while you play it back. It also shows you your speed. It is all black and I put it right behind my rearview mirror so it is hardly noticeable. It also has a park mode where it will turn on if it sees motion while you are parked. It is also attached to a box that will turn it off completely if the car battery falls below a certain voltage.

Thx Nitro! Not too bad on price either for all those features.

If anyone is interested - http://www.amazon.com/ITRONICS-ITB-...412011009&sr=8-1&keywords=+Itronics+ITB-100HD

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I watch enough Russian dash cam videos to know that these are invaluable - pretty sure we will all have to have them at some point or they will at least lower insurance premiums.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Years from now, cars will come straight from the factory with built in dash cams, mark my words!!

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
that $13 dollars one had me at.....oh....idk, $13

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
that $13 dollars one had me at.....oh....idk, $13
The $13 dollar one does not come with a battery. Find another auction with a battery or if you don't car about having it plugged in all the time go for it.

It will achieve the exact same function as the $200 dash cam without all the fancy bells and whistles, but your paying 90% less.

Here is a sample recording from my dash cam. (mind the music)

[ame]

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Thx for posting - that music though.....:headbonk: :D
Sponsored