Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Since the official update is out, should we use it or the leaked version or does it not matter?
use the official, while very very minor, there are a few bugs (at least for me) on the leaked version, like with Audio and Voice volume changing, have not noticed this on the official thus far.......
Sponsored

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Got my update done today. Surprisingly issue free. Now I'd like to have Apple CarPlay and I understand I need to replace my center console USB hub. Two questions though if anybody can answer them.

1. Why can't I use CarPlay with a USB connection? Or can I?

2. CarPlay doesn't even show up (like Android Auto does). Will I get a CarPlay icon after I replace the USB hub?

Thanks!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got my update done today. Surprisingly issue free. Now I'd like to have Apple CarPlay and I understand I need to replace my center console USB hub. Two questions though if anybody can answer them.

1. Why can't I use CarPlay with a USB connection? Or can I?

2. CarPlay doesn't even show up (like Android Auto does). Will I get a CarPlay icon after I replace the USB hub?

Thanks!
1. you do use CP with usb, you just need the new usb port first

2. CP will show up once you install the new compatible usb port and plug in an iphone for the first time

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
1. you do use CP with usb, you just need the new usb port first

2. CP will show up once you install the new compatible usb port and plug in an iphone for the first time
I meant why can't I use CP with Bluetooth?

Thanks for the fast response!

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I meant why can't I use CP with Bluetooth?
Nevermind. Amazing the things you learn when you actually read the discussion from the beginning.

Sponsored

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
I updated mine tonight. Took about 15 minutes start to finish including popping in the new hub. Mine was at 1.0 and I didn't do a master reset before updating. Everything seems to be working fine so far!

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just created a flash drive with the official Ford release, but will attempt OTA update, possibly this weekend. I've yet to attempt any update at all if ya'll are looking for someone to try this. I do have nav, if that matters.

Just ordered the USB module today, most likely won't have it until mid-end of next week to verify functionality.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I still haven't been able to get gracenote up...

I went to PM [MENTION=27791]jm061[/MENTION] and saw that he's banned?! ...or at the least not accepting PMs.
ahh crap; fingers crossed......

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
Finally updated from v1.0 to 2.2 with official release. No update via OTA, so used a flash drive.
Did not read 32GB 2.0 flash drive.
Bought a new 16GB 3.0 and it worked. First time it took too long. So stopped it, did a master reset and tried again. This time it installed in 20mins.

I am on Android and have Android Auto setup on the phone. Phone is connected via Bluetooth. Android Auto is enabled in the car. How do I get it to launch android auto in the car system? Currently it does not launch.
Thanks.

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Finally updated from v1.0 to 2.2 with official release. No update via OTA, so used a flash drive.
Bought a new 16GB 3.0 and it worked. First time it took too long. So stopped it, did a master reset and tried again. This time it installed in 20mins.

I am on Android and have Android Auto setup on the phone. Phone is connected via Bluetooth. Android Auto is enabled in the car. How do I get it to launch android auto in the car system? Currently it does not launch.
Thanks.
i believe your phone must be plugged in for AA to work

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks.
has to be cable connected not BT

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
has to be cable connected not BT
I thought AA worked via Bluetooth? Just carplay did not?
Do I need the new hardware for AAA? With current I get some error.

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
Installation has run out of space or does not work with this version.

picture.jpg

Is there anyone that has had this error come up? What did you do to overcome this? I tried the official update, 16GB 2.0 usb and also a 32GB 3.0 usb. Doesn't seem to be the USB. I noticed voice functions are not working now and gracenote not working. 2016 Sync 3 Non Nav. File is 2.15gb

Last edited:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT