2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 50 - Livernois - 2
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > Technical Subforums > DIY

DIY DIY writeups and requests

User Tag List

Old Today, 11:11 AM   #1606
papinist
The Italian Pony

Name: Stefano
Drives: Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakStang View Post
It's not of any use to those with a EU spec car who have disabled the ugly fog lights DRLs and have installed the tribars. It's for those who haven't done it yet. If you have installed the tribars, they cannot be disabled by this process.

However, it should be of great use if you have also installed the switch-back turn signals that function as DRLs as well and you would like to be able to disable them and simply have the tribars on! You can disable and enable them at will.

I am still waiting for my modified headlights to arrive, so in the meanwhile I have disabled the fog lights DRLs using FORSCAN. Also, while waiting for my modified headlights, I used FORSCAN to enable my parking lights to function as DRLs! I love this program!
Ok, this could be useful also to those who have installed the tribars, to disable the fog lights drl, because it's true that you can simply disconnect them (like I did) but IIRC I should have an error code when connecting forscan regarding those lights.
I imagine you can't set front blinkers as drl, right?

_ Race Red Mustang EcoBoost Fastback |
_ MT w\Custom Pack (EU) - Thread here |____________COMING SOON_______________

Ordered 27/01/2015 | Built 21/05/2015 | Delivered 12/09/2015
papinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #1607
MakStang

Name: Makis
Drives: 2017 Mustang EcoBoost Automatic
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papinist View Post
Ok, this could be useful also to those who have installed the tribars, to disable the fog lights drl, because it's true that you can simply disconnect them (like I did) but IIRC I should have an error code when connecting forscan regarding those lights.
I imagine you can't set front blinkers as drl, right?
Stefano, actually I think you can! Go to this post in the thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...postcount=1559

This is how I disabled the frickin' fog DRLs and enabled the parking lights.

Also, I think I know why you ask this: You like the American style amber DRLs along with the tribars! I might do that as well!
Shelby Cobra style side rocker decals
www.cellentis.uk ::: Regenerative Biotechnology
MakStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #1608
Spart

Drives: 17 GT w/PP
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrothaar View Post
So whats the main difference here between enabling all of these lights as DRLs versus just driving with the parking lights on? Just so you can customize which lights actually come on? Or does it have to do with the tri-bar lights being brighter as DRLs than they are when in the parking light mode? Anyone else notice this?
No rear lights, for one.
Spart is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this: