Sponsored

Is Tomtop.com Safe?

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Sorry to say but you have bein scammed bought mine on ebay for 240 use paypal its the safe way of buying off ebay never give any personal info to any one when buying hope it all works out
Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So they finally got back to me this morning and stated that the money will be refunded. I guess that is acceptable considering what could have happened. They were still adamant about having a pic of the card. I really can't believe it and did not expect them to be this difficult!

Moving forward I will look into the eBay route. But honestly I think I'll spend the long dollar and go for the raxiom or moddiction units, pretty upset with tomtop right now. My suggestion for anyone looking for a touch screen upgrade do the same.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
So they finally got back to me this morning and stated that the money will be refunded. I guess that is acceptable considering what could have happened. They were still adamant about having a pic of the card. I really can't believe it and did not expect them to be this difficult!

Moving forward I will look into the eBay route. But honestly I think I'll spend the long dollar and go for the raxiom or moddiction units, pretty upset with tomtop right now. My suggestion for anyone looking for a touch screen upgrade do the same.
Thanks for sharing. Like you, I would have used the website over the ebay page as well...

Last edited:

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Amazon has them for $219.99.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

maaperez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I liked this one and all features are working good. Temperature, videos full screen, GPS (updated from Stangatx) CD, music from USB, Sync, etc etc. Some pictures below. :thumbsup:
Tomtop.jpg

maaperez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I guess that is the same unit with different name. In amazon there are 2 identical units with different names Docooler and KKMoon, but all are the same. Is an chinese unit and these people are only importers.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
When I ordered my TomTop, they emailed me and asked for a picture of my car, they wanted to see the current radio to ensure I didn't have the Premium Model radio. They never asked for a picture of my carD.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Maybe they just wanted a pic of my car and the language barrier got in the way... who knows.

Anyways, I ordered mine off the above Amazon link and got it installed last night. Seems to be a pretty decent little unit, I really hope it lasts.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe they just wanted a pic of my car and the language barrier got in the way... who knows.

Anyways, I ordered mine off the above Amazon link and got it installed last night. Seems to be a pretty decent little unit, I really hope it lasts.
If you don't mind occasional crashes and reboots, it's just fine.

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
If you don't mind occasional crashes and reboots, it's just fine.
As long as it reboots itself I think I'll be ok! I have to go back into it and set up my nav antenna, it was dark when I was finishing my install so I skipped that part. Where did you run yours to?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as it reboots itself I think I'll be ok! I have to go back into it and set up my nav antenna, it was dark when I was finishing my install so I skipped that part. Where did you run yours to?
The center top dash piece pops off with clips like the rest of the dash. You can put the antenna in there, and drop the wire down to the back of the TomTop.

It does not reboot itself... Even with all of the updates and "fixes," it was buggy to say the least. I went to the Tesla unit. Then I got tired of a 45 second boot time, and went back to stock (base) radio.
Sponsored