Backup camera guidelines went away

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I have turned the lines off and then back on. No luck. How can I get the lines back, does anyone know?

I have followed the owners manual for turning them on. They have been on since the day I left the dealership with the car.....until last week.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The missing lines may be a symptom of something else. See my thread about Trunk Ajar not working. If your car thinks the trunk is open, then it won't display the lines (IIRC).

So, it is possible that you have an intermittent line in the harness described in that thread.

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn't I get the Trunk Ajar warning the the info center?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I think there are six lines in that harness. It could be a bad line. I was just saying that in my case, the lines went out coincident with "Trunk Ajar", even though the trunk was closed.

There is probably a TSB about this - check with your dealer. Also, request that the tech does not use solder technique during the repair, but only use butt splices. This is for long-term reliability.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I think there are six lines in that harness. It could be a bad line. I was just saying that in my case, the lines went out coincident with "Trunk Ajar", even though the trunk was closed.

There is probably a TSB about this - check with your dealer. Also, request that the tech does not use solder technique during the repair, but only use butt splices. This is for long-term reliability.
This happened to mine a couple days ago. I couldnt get them back on, but when I started the car later in the day they were there again. I think you just explained my problem because just as I was about to pull away after backing up without them, I got the trunk ajar message. I guess my wallet pushed the button.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
A visit to the dealer today, got to take it back on Monday morning. They think it is either the camera or wiring. They needed more time to find out. They do have a camera in stock if that is the problem.
So it will be fixed on Monday.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Same thing happened to me, it's the camera that needs replacing.

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Same thing happened to me, it's the camera that needs replacing.
Was there anything that happened to cause your camera problem?

On mine, the fake gas cap (with GT on it) was suddenly loose and hanging sideways. The only way to replace it was to get the entire black panel that the camera mounts in. I am wondering if they somehow damaged the camera in the panel replacement. Either way, it is still under warranty.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Was there anything that happened to cause your camera problem?

On mine, the fake gas cap (with GT on it) was suddenly loose and hanging sideways. The only way to replace it was to get the entire black panel that the camera mounts in. I am wondering if they somehow damaged the camera in the panel replacement. Either way, it is still under warranty.
No, the dealer said it was bad deals in the camera itself that let moisture in, It is very possible they damaged the camera replacing the panel. A German buddy of mine has an Ecoboost, He was replacing the panel and messed up a wire to the camera connector by yanking on it too hard, We had to solder it.
Sponsored