Help Needed: Mustang GT Fastback Bought for son

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I agree with the above. Get the car there and give him a budget for mods. Then work on it with him. I would have loved that opportunity when I was his age, especially considering the situation. It would probably make it all mean that much more. I'm not the praying type but you guys are in my thoughts and I hope somehow thing get better for your boy.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I agree with the above. Get the car there and give him a budget for mods. Then work on it with him. I would have loved that opportunity when I was his age, especially considering the situation. It would probably make it all mean that much more. I'm not the praying type but you guys are in my thoughts and I hope somehow thing get better for your boy.
Definitely was my thought from the get go. I guarantee it'd mean much more if he could do it himself with you. I can definitely understand the "I want it to be perfect before he gets it" idea, but some of my greatest memories as a kid was working on cars with my dad. Even if he is not physically able to do it, just being able to make the choices himself with you would probably mean a lot!

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Just my opinion, but perhaps Presenting him with the car, and saying we can do x amount of modifications to your liking is the right Idea. Then with him the two of you can go through pictures of wheels and tires, hood and scoops as well as aero options then allow your local mechanic to assemble it while he watches would be an amazing experience. To Me yes it would be even more fun and memorable to be a father and son project, but if that isnt an option, allowing him to pick the overall look to make it His car with your help would go a long way to make him feel like he is indeed part of the process.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Definitely was my thought from the get go. I guarantee it'd mean much more if he could do it himself with you. I can definitely understand the "I want it to be perfect before he gets it" idea, but some of my greatest memories as a kid was working on cars with my dad. Even if he is not physically able to do it, just being able to make the choices himself with you would probably mean a lot!
^^This would be my input as well.^^ To do things together on the car would create the fond memories that you wouldn't soon forget.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'm sorry about your son, but we can all see that he's got a great Dad. I can show you what I have done externally on my Mustang since its similar to what you're thinking of doing, but I agree with many on this thread. Show him pics of our cars, look online and in magazines and design it together. That's what the fun is about this hobby.

I lost my Dad two years ago to Cancer, and he was only able to see my car from a window. We never got to do things with it together. I regret that immensely. Enjoy the time you have with him, cherish every moment and do all these things together, as much as you can. In the end, that's all we have are the memories we make.
mustang6.jpg

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I'm sorry about your son, but we can all see that he's got a great Dad. I can show you what I have done externally on my Mustang since its similar to what you're thinking of doing, but I agree with many on this thread. Show him pics of our cars, look online and in magazines and design it together. That's what the fun is about this hobby.

I lost my Dad two years ago to Cancer, and he was only able to see my car from a window. We never got to do things with it together. I regret that immensely. Enjoy the time you have with him, cherish every moment and do all these things together, as much as you can. In the end, that's all we have are the memories we make.
I must say even though I'd never own a magnetic...When kept close to stock they look so damn good haha. Add in the single channel ram air hood *drool*

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I like the suggestion of working on it together, if that's something you're both interested in. I loved working on my dad's Chevelles with him when I was a kid. Honestly looking forward to him moving across the country back to the same state as me so I can have some help working on my car now :D

From the pics you posted it looks like an aggressive hood is in you plans, do some research if you go this route. There's been lots of posts about hoods flying up and people having issues.

Good choice in color! :thumbsup:

Hope you guys enjoy the car and I hope for the best for you and your family!

OP
OP

juventuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Thanks for all the replies. Feel free to keep replying with any advice thoughts. Will keep you posted

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Sorry to hear and best wishes.

My 2c, an aftermarket cat-back exhaust will make him smile more than any of those cosmetic modifications. I know it did for me.
Sponsored