Sponsored

Drivers using their high beams in traffic?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is this a new trend among the National Incompetent Driver's Club or something? I have been seeing an increased number of cars in my area using their high beams in traffic recently. Yes I know the Mustang is a touch low but you just know when high beams are being used...or you just look at which bulb set is flared.

I actually have a theory behind this and I think it's because cars are getting older and bulbs are burning out and people are getting too lazy to change them so they just go into blinder mode thinking it's no big deal.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nah, people are just getting increasingly more stupid and ignorant. :D

At least that's my take in my neck of the woods.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Headlight aiming is a thing of the past.
It used to be part of an inspection.
I think that factory headlights are set so low, that people are constantly using high beams.

Or, the population is aging and going blind at at an alarming rate.

Also, pickup truck low beams are aimed right at our roofline.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I will say for the cars that are coming out without HID's, some of them are absolutely abysmal. My girl's 15' Taurus has halogens and you literally can inch up to a wall at night and still not see them. They are pitiful, and crawling their forums many seem to agree with the headlights being non-existant, and the wipers being absolutely dangerously slow at highest speed.

My biggest complaint is Lifted trucks with HID's or Trucks with their brights on. Especially while behind you!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Newer cars lighrs are getting brighter, so maybe those witg older cars think they are brighting the people they think are brighting them?

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha I get flashed CONSTANTLY because people think I have my brights on when the front end lifts up over a bump or hill.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Haha I get flashed CONSTANTLY because people think I have my brights on when the front end lifts up over a bump or hill.
This right here. I had somebody flash me, so I bumped mine real quick. They flashed me longer the second time, so I flashed mine a bit longer. They flashed and held theirs on so I just turned mine on high. They then turned around and started following me. Just another benefit of having a GT I guess. Push the go pedal and it does. no more problem.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I've noticed that after I pass someone their revenge for my audacity is to put their hi-beams on. That is if they allow me to pass...everything from AMG's to Prius' will speed up to not allow me to pass them. All part of driving a Mustang I suppose.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This right here. I had somebody flash me, so I bumped mine real quick. They flashed me longer the second time, so I flashed mine a bit longer. They flashed and held theirs on so I just turned mine on high. They then turned around and started following me. Just another benefit of having a GT I guess. Push the go pedal and it does. no more problem.
I drive to work at night and live where there a ton of hills and get flashed once in a while though I never use my high beams. Hitting a bump will make it look like you flash people as well.

On that note one night in a busier section of the city I guess a corvette thought I had my high beams on and keep going head on into my lane a few times to where I started slowing down as it was like playing chicken. Some people get pissed but the funny part is I never use mine :D

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I've noticed that after I pass someone their revenge for my audacity is to put their hi-beams on. That is if they allow me to pass...everything from AMG's to Prius' will speed up to not allow me to pass them. All part of driving a Mustang I suppose.
How can you tell the Prius is speeding up? Im pretty sure we can run faster than those things can accelerate lol

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I think our lights are pretty dim. Just had a 17 Corolla rental car and had a great impression of the car overall, would never buy one, but me and lady both remarked at how great we thought the headlights were. Bright, white light that really lit up the pavement. Unlike the Mustang, projector beam halogens are just crap.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think our lights are pretty dim. Just had a 17 Corolla rental car and had a great impression of the car overall, would never buy one, but me and lady both remarked at how great we thought the headlights were. Bright, white light that really lit up the pavement. Unlike the Mustang, projector beam halogens are just crap.
Really?!? I absolutely love mine. By far brightest I've ever had. My brothers truck with HIDs is a joke compared to mine. And my girls 15 taurus? Don't even get me started. I've NEVER in my life seen lights so dim. They are dangerously dim. The mustang could stretch another 20 or so feet forward but for me they are pretty much PERFECT! Lights up the roadway just right. Everytime we drive at night my girl talks about them haha.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Aim them correctly, as well as your fogs and your tune will change.