Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Decided to nake some center caps, similiar to the 50th anniversary intake emblems I did.

They match the factory center cap dimensions. I made them out of ABS and then covered them with 3M Dinoc vinyl for a carbon fiber look but I can print them in pretty much any color. White, blue etc...

looking for input if there is something different you would like to see with the design or color combos.

50 years center caps.jpg
Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I got excited to see your post, I was waiting for someone to do this. These should have been put on the 50th editions and the appearance package. I want to point out though it seems the "5" is upside down on the right one. Are you thinking of selling these? If so I would buy a set.

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
lol, good eye. I didn't catch that. The caps have alignment pins for the lettering I must have put that one in upside down.

Ya I have them on my Ebay page. I'm working on some with actual Carbon fiber for the center cap face. I have black and a Blue/Black Carbon Fiber/Kevlar weave. I hope to have those done this weekend and post some pictures. Figured the blue would go well with the Kona Blue.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. You will have pics of them on the wheels? I notice the lettering is elevated. When on the wheel will it have a cover over it so the whole cap is smooth like stock? And not have the underline on the "YEARS".

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I will have some pics this weekend. Here is a pic of a transformer center cap I made. I know the fitment is good, I tested them on my 50th Anniversary. Just working on logo ideas and surface finish.

center cap 4.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Some more pics of different style

I Created some of the 50 year caps in a sparkly blue that is translucent. I think it looks really nice on the Kona Blue Mustang.

Also working on a 50 years Brake fluid reservoir cover in the same material. Should have pics of that soon.

50 years center Cap.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I'd love a set but has anyone ever thought of 2 horses running one direction (front) then 2 horses running facing front on the other side?? Should be easy peasy !

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
That would be easy to do.

I'd love a set but has anyone ever thought of 2 horses running one direction (front) then 2 horses running facing front on the other side?? Should be easy peasy !

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
50 years caps

I tried doing some center caps without the bar under the window but it wasn't working. Reason being is that their are pins behind the lettering like what ford uses for the pony center caps and to put individual pins on each letter they are to small and fragile.

With the bar I have more surface area to create two larger pins and tie all the letters together.

I did do some brake fluid covers though with the individual letters since they are scaled up quite a bit they were just barely big enough to work well.

I'll post a pick of that later.

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
I like the look of these, my personal preference would be a smooth outer surface so that when you wash it the raised portion didn't snag anything.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look of these, my personal preference would be a smooth outer surface so that when you wash it the raised portion didn't snag anything.
I was trying to think of the words but you said it perfectly. Smooth like production caps. They can be waxed etc.

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I looked into doing that but the problem is the caps are actually printed (Created) upside down. I wouldn't be able to get a smooth surface if I printed them as all one piece.

I might experiment with trying to make a recessed area for the lettering to fit in similar to the pony caps but I think it might not turn out very good. Who knows, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.