Sponsored

My friday car. Feel like i should have bought something else

Famine5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I currently own a 2015 mustang premium with recaro seats.
Car was bought brand new this past april (5 months ago).

At 2,000 miles the water pump left me stranded. Had to be replaced.

Now currently at 5,400 miles I'm battling the dealership over the following issues:

Both drivers side and passenger side weatherstriping warped, shrunk and was receding. - dealer has ordered parts
Drivers aide side window rattles- dealer has ordered parts

Paint is made out of peanut butter- this car has more rock chips and scratches in 5k miles than my daily driven truck with 40k. Dealer refuses to work with me.

Rattled throughout the interior- this car rattle like a 3rd gen camaro. Dealer states they dont hear the rattling- passenger side rear seat trim panel, rattle in dash, rear view mirror.

Passenger side recaro seat is splitting on the seat side. This seat has been sat in maybe 25 times. I keep a towel in the car for passengers to sit on. The dealer insists i damaged the seat and states its not a warranty issue.

This is my 3rd BRAND NEW ford vehicle since June 2014.
I had a 2014 5.0 premium in which i had 0 issues with, daily driven and put 35k on it in 12 months before it traded it in for my truck.
Currently own a 2015 f150 xlt supercrew and my 2015 mustang gt. I sacrificed when i bought this car as i had missed my 14 so much. It is not daily driven, and sits in the garage when not on the road.

I am honestly a phone call away from trading in on a new camaro ss. the 3 i have test driven the fit and finish has been superb.

Sorry for the long rant, im just upset that my 5 month old car is having issues my old toyota did at 235k miles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sucks that your having these issues man and honestly if I was you I would get rid of it asap for a 2017 GT. If you like the Camaro then go for it, they are great cars (not better than Mustangs but thats just like my opinion man) Good luck :cheers:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I hear ya ... it is frustrating when new cars are a let down. Seems some of the new Mustangs are trouble free, and others have a bunch of issues ... luck of the draw it seems. All you can do is try to get the issues fixed under warranty if possible, and if it becomes too frustrating then trade it off for something hopefully better.

OP
OP

Famine5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I just dont feel like i should HAVE to trade out of a brand new car to escape my problems. I dont wanna walk into something upside down because of quality issues on a car with 5k miles.
Ive got patience, but not for this kind of stuff. :(

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I just dont feel like i should HAVE to trade out of a brand new car to escape my problems. I dont wanna walk into something upside down because of quality issues on a car with 5k miles.
Sounds like maybe some of your frustration is with the dealer - FIND A NEW ONE that will work with you on the seat, rattles and paint (that one may be tough - modern paint is soft fact of formulations). Don't condem Ford because of a crappy dealer. You can also let Ford corp know how you feel about said dealer. They HATE when they get bad reviews.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Dealer will not be able to fix your rattle problems. You have to live with the car to exactly understand what is loose and causing rattles. They will tell you they can't hear it because things like that are hard to replicate and they put minimal afford in fixing things like rattles.

The mechanical, electronics, and body related issues should be fixed under warranty.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I had a lot of issues with F&F when I had a '15...the '16+ are much netter in my opinion. I know it doesn't help much.

Perhaps try a different dealer as someone suggested.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Which dealer, so we know who to avoid?? Also consider hitting Ford up on social media. That tends to get their attention.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The competence level at most Ford dealers is pretty bad. My dealer tries, but not too hard. They claim they want you "completely satisfied" but they really want you appeased so you will go away. The problem with that is that I can't recommend Ford to any of my friends or family. My sister bought a Nissan Murano and my friend who really liked the Mustang ended up getting a Subaru BRZ. After a year of fighting Ford on the vibration problem, they didn't want to risk a similar situation. Hard to imagine Ford thinks this is a good strategy for getting or keeping customers.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I currently own a 2015 mustang premium with recaro seats.
Car was bought brand new this past april (5 months ago).

At 2,000 miles the water pump left me stranded. Had to be replaced.

Now currently at 5,400 miles I'm battling the dealership over the following issues:

Both drivers side and passenger side weatherstriping warped, shrunk and was receding. - dealer has ordered parts
Drivers aide side window rattles- dealer has ordered parts

Paint is made out of peanut butter- this car has more rock chips and scratches in 5k miles than my daily driven truck with 40k. Dealer refuses to work with me.

Rattled throughout the interior- this car rattle like a 3rd gen camaro. Dealer states they dont hear the rattling- passenger side rear seat trim panel, rattle in dash, rear view mirror.

Passenger side recaro seat is splitting on the seat side. This seat has been sat in maybe 25 times. I keep a towel in the car for passengers to sit on. The dealer insists i damaged the seat and states its not a warranty issue.

This is my 3rd BRAND NEW ford vehicle since June 2014.
I had a 2014 5.0 premium in which i had 0 issues with, daily driven and put 35k on it in 12 months before it traded it in for my truck.
Currently own a 2015 f150 xlt supercrew and my 2015 mustang gt. I sacrificed when i bought this car as i had missed my 14 so much. It is not daily driven, and sits in the garage when not on the road.

I am honestly a phone call away from trading in on a new camaro ss. the 3 i have test driven the fit and finish has been superb.

Sorry for the long rant, im just upset that my 5 month old car is having issues my old toyota did at 235k miles.
I can totally feel your pain. I am on the same boat but learned to live with it. Lessons learned is that you never ever buy a first year production american car. I recommend waiting at least for 2 years. Camaro seems to be having problems as well similar to the mustang. One other thing is the value, the first year production cars sell for more money as well due to being new to market and being rare. So you take a double hit. Insurance is also high as well. Make it triple!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to another dealer on the seat and rattling issues. Let them make you give them your business by providing better service. It's unacceptable to live with some of those. Document what conditions the rattles happen under (speed, engine rpm, road surface type) and have them go with you to hear.

The rock chips one is going to be difficult, no matter what.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have similar rattles and my driver side window has started to make odd noises when it goes up and down. My doors, when you close them, make "shaking" sounds but I haven't noticed this on a friend's V6 S550 - close his door and it's a solid clunk. Interesting. My driver seat makes noise when I go over bumps. I'm just 200 lbs... but it makes "fake leather creaking noise" all the time. I live with that.

I have the clunkiest drivetrain in the world. Go over a speed bump and you can hear the drive train clunking and clanking - even before modifications. Two dealers... normal.

The paint on these cars is unacceptable. That said, no dealer will do a thing for you because Ford will just say, "Well, if you, the dealer, want to pay for it, fine... but we aren't". If Ford acknowledged the garbage paint quality on these cars, they'd go bankrupt fixing it. I bought my sister a 2006 Kia Spectra a few years ago. It had 85K miles. During my inspection I counted a total of 15 rock chips on the front bumper. My car now has 15K miles. I have 15 rock chips on my front bumper, one on the hood, one on the driver door, one behind the rear wheel on the driver side, and one before the real wheel on the driver side. Things happen, chips happen, but ease and frequency on these cars is appalling. If you go on a road trip with this car, you will find chips and even scrapes. I literally hit a flying plastic bag and pulled over to get gas shortly afterwards, right where the bag hit there were scratches. A freakin' grocery bag...

I can't afford anything else I like... so... Mustang is it. Great car overall, but the corners cut hopefully get fixed in the next refresh. I will wait to hear those stories before I consider buying one.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have similar rattles and my driver side window has started to make odd noises when it goes up and down. My doors, when you close them, make "shaking" sounds but I haven't noticed this on a friend's V6 S550 - close his door and it's a solid clunk. Interesting. My driver seat makes noise when I go over bumps. I'm just 200 lbs... but it makes "fake leather creaking noise" all the time. I live with that.

I have the clunkiest drivetrain in the world. Go over a speed bump and you can hear the drive train clunking and clanking - even before modifications. Two dealers... normal.

The paint on these cars is unacceptable. That said, no dealer will do a thing for you because Ford will just say, "Well, if you, the dealer, want to pay for it, fine... but we aren't". If Ford acknowledged the garbage paint quality on these cars, they'd go bankrupt fixing it. I bought my sister a 2006 Kia Spectra a few years ago. It had 85K miles. During my inspection I counted a total of 15 rock chips on the front bumper. My car now has 15K miles. I have 15 rock chips on my front bumper, one on the hood, one on the driver door, one behind the rear wheel on the driver side, and one before the real wheel on the driver side. Things happen, chips happen, but ease and frequency on these cars is appalling. If you go on a road trip with this car, you will find chips and even scrapes. I literally hit a flying plastic bag and pulled over to get gas shortly afterwards, right where the bag hit there were scratches. A freakin' grocery bag...

I can't afford anything else I like... so... Mustang is it. Great car overall, but the corners cut hopefully get fixed in the next refresh. I will wait to hear those stories before I consider buying one.
I also had driver door rattle and it turned out to be the window switch panel. That panel is held by plastic clips which tend to come out in time. My panel was also broken from the inside and the dealer replaced it. When you close the door a little hard it makes a metal rattling noise. I also thought it was the window. Also check if the window is perfectly sealing against the weather strip. Mine wasnt at the front side so they had to raise the window and re torque the bolts.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've had my door panel off twice now because I got a defective one stock (leather covering and plastic was coming out) and the replacement was worse but they put that on instead of sending it back, thinking I wouldn't notice. Figures. Third times a charm tho. But my door has always sounded the same, even with the third panel. I only thought something of it when I was asked to drive a friend's V6 and closed the door... was like, wait... what?! Haha. I am not going to the dealer to start a fight about this... I've had enough with regard to the drivetrain. I'll wait for something to break. It doesn't rattle when I'm driving, just closing the door it doesn't sound solid like my friends V6.
Sponsored