Sponsored

Those with airlift

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
Anyone have an non edited videos of the cars? I want real world vids of how loud the system is outside and inside of the car. I'm trying to decide if I really want to go this route or not. I'm about to purchase a kit and just want to make sure.

I'm curious how loud the compressor is, how often it comes on while cruising if at all, if it's annoying, if it stops you from having a conversation etc.
I want HONEST opinions and feedback, none of that sugar coated crap.
I'm asking those that have the regular base v2 kit with no add ons.
Sponsored

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
My compressor is mounted on some rubber padding in the spare tire well and it's completely bearable to have a conversation inside of the car. I'll put it this way: Cold starts, I can barely hear the compressor over the Roush Axle Back.

Additional sound deadening will help too.

Outside noise... WHO CARES?!?! No one is going to be outside of your car thinking "Oh my god, that compressor is annoying."

When cruising, the compressor shouldn't come on at all. If it does, it's because there is a leak somewhere. While cruising, the system should maintain a constant pressure of 150psi. If you make any adjustments that use stored air, the compressor will kick back on to fill the tank back to 150psi.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any vids

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
I can take a few in the morning.

But if I'm to be honest and not give you any "sugar coated crap" as you put it...

If your deciding factor for bags is based in the noise of the compressor, then you probably shouldn't be looking at bags. Get some coilovers.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its definitely NOT the deciding factor of what i do, i just want real world input. not someone trying to sell me something.
if you can get some vids that would be great. the only ones i can find have music overlaid and you cant hear anything or its just still shots of a car aired out.

ive never owned a car with air, nor do i have a single friend that has a car with air ride so i have nothing to base anything off of other then input from others on here and videos.

there are many factors making me lean towards buying but i would like to know exactly what im getting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks bud

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
Okay, in a pinch, this is the best I could do. Over the next few days I'll get the GoPro out and try to get some different videos. These were filmed with an iPhone, so keep in mind that they don't have the best mics for sound reproduction.

As previously stated, this is with the Viair 400c compressor mounted in the spare tire well without the isolater bracket that is available. The only thing I did to help with vibration (which didn't do much) was to put a layer of Yoga Mat foam between the compressor and body of the car. Spending a little bit of money on some Dynamat (or the cheaper brands) would help with the resonance throughout the car.

[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
perfect, exactly what i was looking for. did you every have the 380c that the kits come with? if so how would you compare it to the 400c you have? seems that 400c you have fills the tank quite quickly so the noise really isn't that bad considering it was only running for like 45seconds and it will most likely only run when your not driving which is nice aswel.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Anyone have an non edited videos of the cars? I want real world vids of how loud the system is outside and inside of the car. I'm trying to decide if I really want to go this route or not. I'm about to purchase a kit and just want to make sure.

I'm curious how loud the compressor is, how often it comes on while cruising if at all, if it's annoying, if it stops you from having a conversation etc.
I want HONEST opinions and feedback, none of that sugar coated crap.
I'm asking those that have the regular base v2 kit with no add ons.
No videos, we've done countless of these kits locally and nationwide. We ran a system in our 2015 and the compressor isnt bad at all. This was the base digital V2 kit.

Give us a shout if you have any questions on pricing. We'd love to get you going!

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
See I'm learning too, I'm going to look at a setup tomorrow and had no idea that they made noise like that....why does it take so long for them to fill up?? All the videos I've ever seen the car just goes up and down in like 3 seconds...?

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
See I'm learning too, I'm going to look at a setup tomorrow and had no idea that they made noise like that....why does it take so long for them to fill up?? All the videos I've ever seen the car just goes up and down in like 3 seconds...?
The cars go up and down in 3 seconds because the tank (the air is coming from) is full. But every time you use air from the tank the compressor will turn on to fill the tank back up again so it's ready to use next time you need to raise the car.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they use the reserve tank to go up/down. once it hits a curtain psi in the tank it will kick the compressor back on till the tank is filled. depending on the pump setup it can take a minute to several minutes to fill back up.

this is why i asked for the videos, to get real world results. like tobyboom said tho, it doesn't run while you drive so to me thats not really that bad. yes the compressor sounds very annoying to me but i think i can get past that and maybe purchase the isolator mount they make for them, ive also read that a piece of MDF board helps alot aswel.

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
The video from Tobyboom may be one of the louder compressor noises I've her to be honest. In my Ecoboost I ran AirLifts stabilizer bracket and you couldn't hear it one bit. In my 5.0 I have a custom mounting bracket and with that you barely here it.

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
Keep in mind that the videos were taken with an iPhone. So sound reproduction isn't going to be really accurate. I've got some better videos in the works that I'll capture with my GoPro and DSLR. That way you can hear them all and find a happy medium.

To be honest, the videos do make it sound a lot louder than it really is.
Sponsored