Best Nano Sealant

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Wash, decon, correct any imperfections, coat.
Pls explain to all here how you perform "correct any imperfections???" This is what we need to hear? A simple polish, clean, clean, clean and that's it?.

Yes, I went extreme with a friend that owns a shop that puts out $200k cars and we were on the edge a few times, but that's how he rolls.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
so for those of you that daily your car how is your sealant holding up? im talking 6 months - 1 year plus after its applied? Water/dirt repellent? shine?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I has mine coated with C Quartz back in mid November and I am still very happy. Dirt doesn't really stick to it, comes right off with high pressure rinse. It does get water spots in some areas where water gets trapped but they come right off. Even when it's dirty from 20' away the shine is still very deep. I only had one coat of C Quartz applied and I am planning to have two more coats applied after a very mild and minimal polish. The one coat is awesome but FL sun and heat are brutal on any car that's not garaged and I am pretty anal with her so I want more protection and the shine will be ridiculous! I usually dry my car with Carpro Reload when I wash her myself. When my detailer washes her he uses Carpro Hydrofoam 2 in a foam cannon and it comes out beautiful.

Here's a couple of shots of her after she was detailed today.
1471291232.image.jpg
1471291423.image.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Old School to New School !!

Well, thanx to this site and a couple of very helpful members, I am going New School !! Picked up everything I need to do it myself. CQuartz UK formulated for our Pacific Northwest environment. Also going with the 2 bucket , actually 3 bucket wash method.....wash, rinse and wheels/tires. A little more detailing and polishing....then I'll apply the CQuartz myself. Picking up the Iron-X tomorrow. Should have it all done by the end of the month. Can't rush perfection. Will post pics when cured!

Big thanx to Patrick for you guidance. :cheers::cheers:

DOH?..iPad pics tend to post sideways! Sorry.
image.jpg

Sponsored

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Opti Coat Fan here...I'm about 3 pages deep on this one so, I'll be back later to read the rest.

and add details on mine.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
I've got Opti Coat Pro Plus. Shines like a mofo and slicker than greased owl poop. Very easy to keep clean. That is on my Shelby GT500. More than likely I'll also do it on my GT....next spring.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I've got Opti Coat Pro Plus. Shines like a mofo and slicker than greased owl poop. Very easy to keep clean. That is on my Shelby GT500. More than likely I'll also do it on my GT....next spring.
Detail your paint correct methods , products used and how you applied the coating.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Detail your paint correct methods , products used and how you applied the coating.
I paid someone to do it for me.....because I don't know how and wasn't going to learn on my Shelby. I'm all for learning and will still probably do so eventually. I've been talking to my detailer and now the company he works for to have a class or classes sort of like some well known supplier of detail products does every year in Florida. Once I get some hands on I'll practice on my DD.

Oh and I'm pretty sure not just anyone can buy Opti Coat Pro Plus. Pretty sure you have to be authorized. And for the record I'm good on most all parts of cleaning the car..until it comes to using a machine on the car. That's where I need the help.

Sorry...wish I had a list for you but, I'm not to that point yet. I will say the coating saves me time and looks awesome. Although my car is garage kept and I usually try to avoid rain. It also sees no winter weather..meaning it's sitting November through March in the garage which I'm sure helps. I think getting the OptiCoat on my GT will be a real test since it's not in the garage.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well, thanx to this site and a couple of very helpful members, I am going New School !! Picked up everything I need to do it myself. CQuartz UK formulated for our Pacific Northwest environment. Also going with the 2 bucket , actually 3 bucket wash method.....wash, rinse and wheels/tires. A little more detailing and polishing....then I'll apply the CQuartz myself. Picking up the Iron-X tomorrow. Should have it all done by the end of the month. Can't rush perfection. Will post pics when cured!

Big thanx to Patrick for you guidance. :cheers::cheers:

DOH?..iPad pics tend to post sideways! Sorry.
Make sure to IPA the hell out of the paint before applying UK if you use that menzerna polish. Menz polishes have a lot of mineral oil. :cheers:

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Make sure to IPA the hell out of the paint before applying UK if you use that menzerna polish. Menz polishes have a lot of mineral oil. :cheers:
Thanx. Picked up some Car Pro Eraser from Corey at Sky's the Limit. www.carpro-US.com He sells all CQuartz items. The Eraser is said to be better than IPA ( not the beer!!) :cheers:

Okgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R 2012 Boss Mustang
IMO there are several good products out there. Most important thing is to find a detailer who knows what he is doing and does the proper prep work before applying the coating. I've had two cars coated (Boss mustang and Porsche Boxster) in last few months with quartz finest and partial Ppf bra. Both cars look amazing, but mainly because of the detailer doing the work and his attention to detail. We applied bra a little differently on each car due to the shape peculiarities of each car.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Wash, clay, menzerna fg400 (it is now relabeled 400 extreme compound I think), ipa wipe down, apply coating the beauty of fg400 is it has dimining technology so it gets out imperfections and breaks down to give a mirror finish. It's my go to one step. Since your car has been wetsanded and you have it looking stunning you may not need a paint correction. Just make sure the paint is free from any waxes or sealants before applying the coating. Wash with dawn, clay, ipa wipe down 2-3 times or buy a product made to strip wax off that is finish safe. If you can't get it off, use a very mild polish like menzerna 3000 then use ipa. Menzerna is a tad oily compared to some other polishes, but this makes it much less likely to dust all over everything and it also gives you plenty of work time to perfect your finish.
I had menzerna powerlock sealant on my wife's car and I could not get it off without polishing. I tried everything, polishing was the only thing that would remove that stuff! I just put some c1 quartz topped with c2, customer said his car glows it is so shiny.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Wash, clay, menzerna fg400 (it is now relabeled 400 extreme compound I think), ipa wipe down, apply coating the beauty of fg400 is it has dimining technology so it gets out imperfections and breaks down to give a mirror finish. It's my go to one step. Since your car has been wetsanded and you have it looking stunning you may not need a paint correction. Just make sure the paint is free from any waxes or sealants before applying the coating. Wash with dawn, clay, ipa wipe down 2-3 times or buy a product made to wax off that is finish safe. If you can't get it off, use a very mild polish like menzerna 3000 then use ipa. Menzerna is a tad oily compared to some other polishes, but this makes it much less likely to dust all over everything and it also gives you plenty of work time to perfect your finish.
I had menzerna powerlock sealant on my wife's car and I could not get it off without polishing. I tried everything, polishing was the only thing that would remove that stuff! I just put some c1 quartz topped with c2, customer said his car glows it is so shiny.
Dude, what? No, just no. FG400/Heavy Cut Compound has to be followed up with something like SF3500 or 3800 unless you're a huge fan of looking at awful holograms in your paint. You don't use a compound as a final stage polish, and you certainly don't recommend others follow suit.

For more information see.... I dunno, Menzerna's own instructions or Autogeek:

Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound 400 can be used with a rotary (circular) or dual action (orbital) polisher. For best results, follow up with Menzerna Super Finish (SF-3500) on a foam polishing or finishing pad.
Sponsored