Sponsored

IN STOCK!!! New Sync3 theme navigation from Moddiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I decided to pull the Moddiction unit out and install one of the SD card extenders I bought. To prevent the SD card from unclipping, I added some 30lb mounting tape to hold the ribbon cable down, then a peice of mounting tape across the top to ensure it can't pop up. Might be a big extreme, but I'm not a huge fan of pulling this stuff a part.

While I pulled everything a part, I figured I'd share some rattle dampening I did, as well as a preventative measure I took so clips don't break and fall into my dash.

Insulation foam strips placed all around the dash where the trim clips down. This has proven to help eliminate creeks.

I wrapped black electrical tape across the back of the retaining clips. This does make the trim a bit easier to pull out (not super easy, the clips still clip in), but if a clip decided to break, the tape would hold it in place and prevent it from falling into the dash.

Hope this helps anyone else with the Moddiction unit out. Hopefully this is the last time I pull the dash trim off for this. :amen:
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
You're right, I just can't remember what screen. I just tried looking for it but couldn't find it.
Just browsed through the menu's and found the following inconsistancies. All of which are minor, but should really get fixed to appear consistent and not like a knock off item made in China.

Homepage:

Each word in "GPS Voice" starts with a capital letter. "Connectivity" in "Bluetooth connectivity" starts with a lowercase. This is not consistent with the other option on the same screen.

SYNC Menu:

When playing BT audio, the 4th option "play" or "pause" is all lowercase. The other options have their 1st letter uppercase

On BT audio, and you hit "Info", it shows " Track info" (the word "info" being all lower case), where as other menu options have both words having the 1st letter in uppercase.

On BT audio under options, "track" in the "Repeat track" option starts with a lowercase letter.

On the phone menu, if you scroll down through the options, "Speed Dial" and "BT Devices" have both words starting with a capital letter. The rest of the 2+ word options only have the 1st word starting with a capital.

Under setup, both words in "BT Devices" start with a capital letter. The other options only have the 1st word with a capital letter.

Settings Menu:

Under "Navigation Settings" the bottom option says "GPS Voice Lever" instead of "Level". Also, pushing the right arrow decreased the volume amount, pushing left increases. This should be reversed.

Under "Other Settings", all options have their words start with a capital letter, except "unit" in "Temperature unit" is all lowercase. Does not flow with the how the other options are written.

Under "Time" the option "Time be updated by navigation" is all lowercase except for the 1st word. This does not flow with how the other option is written. Really, the word "be" should be removed from this sentence. It sounds terrible.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've been doing some testing on new software today. I will continue tomorrow. It seems some, myself included, have had issues with screen freezing up when updating the software in the car. No one can figure out why yet. I pulled the unit out and updated it out of the car and it updated new software without an issue. Something in the sync system it seems interferes or can interfere with system being updated.
We are hoping this newest software should do the trick and will be pre uploaded to all new units going forward. It now has DST settings in the time menu.

We can have people upload in car but so far 2 others besides me have had screen freeze up when uploading new software. It doesn't kill the unit it just then has to have cables pulled from the back and prior software updated to it. We will be getting the wall plug in cables in soon which we will be sending out with the units for future updates. It is more difficult than of course doing it through USB(which still did work for most people) but I know I was having issues with the screen freezing during certain software updates.
We have been waiting to release the final time fix update to make sure everything is working correctly so people don't have to keep updating the system

Thank you for the info above. We will send it to the software team to review.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
We have a new software from this morning. I have been testing on my unit with no issues so far. I emailed it over to those who emailed me previously. This adds the daylight savings time option when using GPS time.

bburlette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
Any idea when these units will be available for sale again?

I would really like to get in on this.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
We have a new software from this morning. I have been testing on my unit with no issues so far. I emailed it over to those who emailed me previously. This adds the daylight savings time option when using GPS time.
I installed the update without any issues (had I ran into issues, I would have just pulled the battery or fuse, rather than pull the trim out to unhook power from the unit).

Here's a quick video

[ame]

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Glad to hear the time update is working well for you.

For the time zones there still is that option but you have to select GPS auto time. It then gives the option for time zones as well as daylight savings time.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Awesome, maybe someone will find a use for that. For me, l'll stick to the system time, keep my unit fast and leave GPS off until I need it.

The timezone feature has been nothing but a headache. Imagine if timezones were never an option on the launch, nobody would have had a time issue to report. Sometimes things are just over engineered. My stereo doesn't need to know what time zone I'm in, or adjust itself 2 times a year for DST. It just needs to work.

Hopefully this is the update that helps get those pre-orders in the hands of their owners.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yes I am hoping this will be good this time issue! We did refund most pre orders due to customers not wanting to wait but still a few it looks like so we will be getting a new shipment in asap after another day or two testing!

Last edited:

Jshsharp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Wooooohooooo. It looks like you are getting closer to Beta testing instead of Alpha :) I would rather have all of the bugs worked out before installing in my opinion. It's almost time to tear open my dash.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
who makes the map for this? made in china?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I installed the update successfully yesterday afternoon, install went smoothly. I did not change the time selection (system time, not GPS is the default). When starting car/booting up system, there is a very small (0.5-1 second) delay before the time appears, which, in my opinion, is fine; when the time appears it is the correct time. Additionally, everything else seems to work fine. At this point, my opinion is that this is a successful update.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Glad to hear it's working for you. So far I haven't heard of any issues from latest time software update.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Are they working on a fix for the inconsistencies in how the wording is formatted in the system? I think it should be a easy fix for them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.