Sponsored

Vossen Customer Service!

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I really must applaud these guys. I had been trying to decide on what wheels to go with, and finally had decided on going with Niche Veronas. They came at a good price point, and I liked the machined set. I had a nice gift card that would have put a set of these at an incredibly low price.

After seeing a few members rocking Vossen wheels, I had to give them a quick look. At the end of the day I said screw it and bought a set of Vossen CV7's with the Black/Machined face. They rock an awesome warranty so I had no fears at all. These wheels look absolutely amazing!

Fast forward and I received the wheels. 3 of four wheels were damaged. One had an extensive dent in it, about 3mm deep across the lip extending to the front of the wheel. The others had pretty extensive damage along the lips of the rim.

I sent Vossen an email late that night (1AM their time) as I had just got off work. As you can imagine I was beyond frustrated after opening the very first rear wheel and seeing a huge dent/chip in it. As I was opening the others it only got worse.

They STILL managed to send me an email at 1 am to rectify the situation. Diego offered to replace all wheels that I felt were unacceptable, and even offered free merchandise. I graciously declined the free merchandise (Even though that was awesome of them to offer! They also included a free set of center caps and Hub rings in the original shipment.), and sent back the damaged wheel.

I haven't received the replacement yet, as they just received the return today. But I must say they don't joke around with customer service. Diego was awesome to work with, and made sure I was taken care of immediately! No doubt will be buying from them in the future again!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've got a question. I finally got these mounted and put on the car. They look absolutely phenomenal! Got a ton of questions/compliments on Saturday's car show.

But I'm looking to lower the car a hair. Probably with a set of Steeda's lowering springs.

1) I cant decide between the Sports and Ultralites. Is there really any difference between the two? I see the Ultra's drop a little extra in the front. Or would the Eibach Pro-Kit be a better suit?
2) With the EB PP, would I need to change out the PP struts?
3) I have about 1/4 inch of poke on my left hand side rear, but flush on right hand side. How exactly do I pull this to be even? Once they are even on both sides, it should allow me to lower. Without doing this though, I fear my left hand rear wheel would hit my fender. It's pretty obvious haha.

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
So I've got a question. I finally got these mounted and put on the car. They look absolutely phenomenal! Got a ton of questions/compliments on Saturday's car show.

But I'm looking to lower the car a hair. Probably with a set of Steeda's lowering springs.

1) I cant decide between the Sports and Ultralites. Is there really any difference between the two? I see the Ultra's drop a little extra in the front. Or would the Eibach Pro-Kit be a better suit?
2) With the EB PP, would I need to change out the PP struts?
3) I have about 1/4 inch of poke on my left hand side rear, but flush on right hand side. How exactly do I pull this to be even? Once they are even on both sides, it should allow me to lower. Without doing this though, I fear my left hand rear wheel would hit my fender. It's pretty obvious haha.
Hey Spyke,

Glad to help. What tire size are you currently running and how low do you want to go? It all depends on the look you are going for. If you go with a 1" drop all around (Eibach Pro Kit) you can rock the 275/35/20 and 315/35/20 for a meaty tire setup. if you decide to go lower you can do a 275/30/20 and 305/30/20 and still have a good stance and have the car sit lower. With the car poking out a little bit more on one side it could be the alignment. The camber on the one side could be more positive on the one side.

Some photos with the eibach pro kit (1in drop) and the 275/35/20 & 315/35/20 Tire setup

15776614870_23c1e77459_b.jpg

15792361379_3ece4f592d_b.jpg

15977700542_8125a4036a_b.jpg

15776614870_23c1e77459_b.jpg

15265621293_22e53b0bdd_b.jpg

15344258903_d81b8a8364_b.jpg

15777885689_22bdcfa194_b.jpg

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Ughhhhh I wanna go home right now and go get mount my tires! Shame I have to make a living to afford this addiction. :(

I am hoping someone answers your question about the struts as I have seen mixed responses to this. From what I've read it seems like its "acceptable" to rock factory struts but its less than ideal as it can be extra wear and tear on them. Hit up the steeda guys and they may give you a more definitive answer since you are asking about their product.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Brian,

Im currently running 275/30 + 305/30 on CV7's. 1 inch is about where I'm wanting it. We have some pretty garbage roads around here, and steep curb ramps. Anything lower could cause issues.

As far as alignment how would I go about pulling this in since we no longer use pan hard bars. I seen steeda has an alignment kit, would this help any? I know that the camber will slightly bring it in as it's lowered but IDK if it would be enough. With only a 1 inch drop would it be that much of an issue?

Sponsored

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Thanks Brian,

Im currently running 275/30 + 305/30 on CV7's. 1 inch is about where I'm wanting it. We have some pretty garbage roads around here, and steep curb ramps. Anything lower could cause issues.

As far as alignment how would I go about pulling this in since we no longer use pan hard bars. I seen steeda has an alignment kit, would this help any? I know that the camber will slightly bring it in as it's lowered but IDK if it would be enough. With only a 1 inch drop would it be that much of an issue?
Those tires would work with the 1" drop or you could jump up to the 35 series sidewall front and rear if you want to run something like the setup in the pictures above. As for the alignment I highly recommend the steeda adjustable toe arms and going to a shop and having them dial everything in once you lower the car. It should pull everything together pretty nicely and ride great after the suspension work

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those tires would work with the 1" drop or you could jump up to the 35 series sidewall front and rear if you want to run something like the setup in the pictures above. As for the alignment I highly recommend the steeda adjustable toe arms and going to a shop and having them dial everything in once you lower the car. It should pull everything together pretty nicely and ride great after the suspension work
With going with a 30 instead of a 35 I'm guessing with the pro-kit I could expect about an extra .75" over the images above? Since diameter wise they are about 1.5" bigger. Since I have a slightly larger gap to work with what about going with the sportlines over the pro-kit?

Here's a show of left vs right. Kinda hard to capture on camera haha.

20170515_123232.jpg

20170515_123219.jpg

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
With going with a 30 instead of a 35 I'm guessing with the pro-kit I could expect about an extra .75" over the images above? Since diameter wise they are about 1.5" bigger. Since I have a slightly larger gap to work with what about going with the sportlines over the pro-kit?

Here's a show of left vs right. Kinda hard to capture on camera haha.

20170515_123232.jpg

20170515_123219.jpg
The sportlines would be a perfect drop with the tire sizes you currently have on the car. Oh yea thats just camber. That can be adjust and I would invest in the toe arms as well. Give you alot more room for adjustability

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sportlines would be a perfect drop with the tire sizes you currently have on the car. Oh yea thats just camber. That can be adjust and I would invest in the toe arms as well. Give you alot more room for adjustability
Thanks for the help Brian! I'll have to pick me up some Sportlines. Curious on your opinion. Keep PP struts with the new springs, or should I look else where for springs? Seems to be a good divide on which way to go.

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Thanks for the help Brian! I'll have to pick me up some Sportlines. Curious on your opinion. Keep PP struts with the new springs, or should I look else where for springs? Seems to be a good divide on which way to go.
The struts I really wouldnt worry about unless you plan on tracking the car at all. For everyday driving it doesnt make HUGE difference
Sponsored