Sponsored

Stock GT350 wheel weight?

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
What are the stock wheel weight of the GT350 front and rear wheel/rim?

I've heard 29,30,31 and 33lbs.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
The rear wheels are wider by a 1/2'', they'll be slightly heavier. Are you averaging them out at 31# ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm actually very disappointed in that Ford would install four (31 pound) anchors on this trackable car that list at $60,000.
I'm sure they could've found wheels in the 22/23 pound range. F'ing pathetic!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I'm actually disappointed in that Ford would install four (31 pound) anchors on this trackable car that list at $60,000.
I'm sure they could've found wheels in the 22/23 pound range.
The car actually listed for 49.9 originally, with options you could certainly go up but it wasn't that much to start.

As far as the wheels go, i'm not disappointed at all, wheels are the easiest thing to swap. I bought this car for the engine and that sound, I would have still bought the car if it had 4 steel wheels weighing 40lbs each.

OP
OP

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Agreed dron, I'm buying this car for the three reasons, engine/sound and it's look. Also, it's does everything extremely well, tracking, straight line speed and braking, fast without the aid of snails or superchargers. Ford hit it out of the park here, even haters have to admit that. My wife and I were mostly GM people growing up.

I just find it rather weak that when you add these additional packages, this car hits 61K. I think they should have thrown in some forged lightweight wheels (keeping the ultra lightweights on the R) rather than boat anchors at that price point.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dron, I'm buying this car for the three reasons, engine/sound and it's look. Also, it's does everything extremely well, tracking, straight line speed and braking, fast without the aid of snails or superchargers. Ford hit it out of the park here, even haters have to admit that. My wife and I were mostly GM people growing up.

I just find it rather weak that when you add these additional packages, this car hits 61K. I think they should have thrown in some forged lightweight wheels (keeping the ultra lightweights on the R) rather than boat anchors at that price point.
I agree in an ideal world that i wish it had lighter wheels, but i wouldn't wish for them at the expense of losing anything that the car already has (which is what would have to happen). GT350 isn't a big money maker for ford, so i can't see how they would have squeezed another 5-6grand in wheel cost into an already low priced car...

Sponsored
OP
OP

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Around April/May, we'll be placing an order for a 2018 magnetic/black roof/stripe. I'll be driving it around with the stockers.

dron, it'll run me $2400 for a set of forged wheels plus $1500 for the tires. I'm confident Ford could've found a set in the $1500-$2000 with someone to produce around 21,000 wheels for a model year? That's a nice contract if you can fulfill it. :cheers:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Around April/May, we'll be placing an order for a 2018 magnetic/black roof/stripe. I'll be driving it around with the stockers.
Congrats. You are going to have a blast.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
I agree in an ideal world that i wish it had lighter wheels, but i wouldn't wish for them at the expense of losing anything that the car already has (which is what would have to happen). GT350 isn't a big money maker for ford, so i can't see how they would have squeezed another 5-6grand in wheel cost into an already low priced car...
Dealers have been squeezing more than that out of them. So, clearly the market has dictated what "we" would pay. I would have ponied a bit more if it were the price of lighter wheels.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers have been squeezing more than that out of them. So, clearly the market has dictated what "we" would pay. I would have ponied a bit more if it were the price of lighter wheels.
I'm not sure i understand the point you are making.
Sponsored