Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
It is easy. Just get a Livernois Motorsports 93 Performance tune for your FoRS! That is right, I didn't say an e30 tune or a ton of parts...JUST A 93 TUNE! Even with REALLY bad DA (~2600-3000) the GT350 was struggling! Don't think so? Watch.

68626d1474648654-want-make-gt350-owners-angry-screen-shot-2016-09-23-12.35.58-pm.png

A Livernois-tuned Focus RS hangs with a stock Shelby on the drag strip

By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Livernois Motorsports

If you own the top dog Shelby GT350 Mustang, you might immediately dismiss that Focus RS staging next to you at the drag strip. Well, you might want to think twice if your Shelby is stock, because a tuned Focus RS recently held its own against a stock Shelby GT350 at a private track rental in Michigan. Using launch control set at 5,000 rpm, the Focus RS used its all-wheel-drive grip to get the jump and hang with the Voodoo-powered Mustang–12.88 vs.12.64. (On the next pass–not seen here–the RS actually edged the GT350 with a 12.7). You can watch the friendly race right here…

[ame]
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I'm confused with the DA thing. Was this race at altitude?
No, the race was here in Michigan.

I guess in a nutshell, it's how much "air" you have to push away from your car to get a good time in the quarter mile.

The higher the DA number, the worse it is for racing.

Take for example a bucket. Fill the bucket with those packing peanuts and see how hard you have to work to get your hand to the bottom of the bucket. Very little.

Now, take and fill a bucket with BB's and see how hard it is to get your hand to the bottom for the bucket. A whole lot.

The bucket with packing peanuts would be like negative DA, or the best you can get, while the bucket filled with BB's is like positive and high DA, terrible conditions.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I wonder when the first blow differential in the RS will be. Seems a but undersized...

Lots of Mustangs can put GT350s to shame on a track and especially on a drag strip. The suspension I have has been integral to even an Ecoboost getting better times than a GT350 on the same track. But the GT350 is f'ing awesome and, without ADM, worth its price. I don't get the value play for the Focus RS like I do from the (also a hatchback) Fiesta ST.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
sooo two cars which are not in the least at home at the dragstrip racing at the drag strip.

But them both on a proper track where they belong. It's like buying a dog and keeping it locked in a kennel instead of giving it a proper backyard to play in.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible