ZL1 will beat everything....wait....

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The front bumper opening on the zl1 looks like a Toyota Corolia S
I was thinking a Lexus. lol
Although, I'm not knocking Lexus. They have some great looking cars.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You were both right, Lexus pronounced "LicksAss"=Toyota w/CD Player:D

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Totally disagree.. Lexus has some of the ugliest cars currently built. Slapping the Predator's mug on the grill of every Lexus looks downright hideous.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Totally disagree.. Lexus has some of the ugliest cars currently built. Slapping the Predator's mug on the grill of every Lexus looks downright hideous.
YUP!!!

I think they make great cars, but that huge front grill is insane!!

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Do you think Ford is holding back on the GT500 details until they know for sure how the ZL-1 performs?

One thing is for certain; GM is leading everyone in suspension and chassis tuning. Ford will have to make a real effort to keep up.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Do you think Ford is holding back on the GT500 details until they know for sure how the ZL-1 performs?

One thing is for certain; GM is leading everyone in suspension and chassis tuning. Ford will have to make a real effort to keep up.
Um... No...

Suspension and Chassis tuning? You mean using the exact same IRS system the Mustang has? With exception of the I link? How about the MacP strut in the front? What about having a specific platform for the model? No?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What a silly statement. :lol:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What a silly statement. :lol:
"...GM is leading everyone in suspension and chassis tuning..."

:lol: :headbonk: :lol: :headbonk:

Yeah, GM is the first company I think of when someone mentions suspension and chassis tuning.

Not. Funniest damn thing I've read in days....

:lol::lol::lol:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
"...GM is leading everyone in suspension and chassis tuning..."

:lol: :headbonk: :lol: :headbonk:

Yeah, GM is the first company I think of when someone mentions suspension and chassis tuning.

Not. Funniest damn thing I've read in days....

:lol::lol::lol:
I think the fact that GM really invented the Magna-ride stuff and put it into production in 2003 is what he might be referring to. Ferrari to Ford has also put into production but it took awhile. The GT-350 being the first for Ford. If you have not ridden in a car equipped with it then you do not know.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think the fact that GM really invented the Magna-ride stuff and put it into production in 2003 is what he might be referring to. Ferrari to Ford has also put into production but it took awhile. The GT-350 being the first for Ford. If you have not ridden in a car equipped with it then you do not know.
MagneRide was developed by the Delphi Automotive corporation and now owned by Beijing West Industries. GM may had held some interest in the company and been the first with the suspension, but I don't think that means they "invented" it.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
MagneRide was developed by the Delphi Automotive corporation and now owned by Beijing West Industries. GM may had held some interest in the company and been the first with the suspension, but I don't think that means they "invented" it.
Delphi at the time was a subsidery of GM.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Delphi at the time was a subsidery of GM.
Delphi Automotive Systems was "spun -off" by GM in 1997 and then became a fully independent publicly held corporation in 1999. The first use of Magride was on the 2002 Cadillac Seville STS.

So Delphi was an independent company with a close working relationship with GM. But GM didn't "invent" Magride or Ford would be paying licensing fees to GM for using it on the GT350.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Looks like the manual zl1 will do 60 mph on the first gear with a chevy estimate of 3.5 seconds. Last time i checked, chevy underestimated the ss acceration so we ll see what real times this zl1 will put down.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Looks like the manual zl1 will do 60 mph on the first gear with a chevy estimate of 3.5 seconds. Last time i checked, chevy underestimated the ss acceration so we ll see what real times this zl1 will put down.
GM estimates 1/4 mile 11.4 @ 127mph and $62K. Maybe the price will keep the next 500 in that range. Hope sooooo. Next couple of years are going to be amazing and the used car market will never look better. You know the 14 GT500 was 11.5. Can't even imagine what the 18 GT 500 will do and also be @ home on the track.
Sponsored