Sponsored

Lowering Springs

paydirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Has anyone tried a set of lowering springs for a '15 and up mustang with the magnetic ride control? I'm trying to find out if the spring perches are different...

Thanks
Sponsored

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
I have a set of gt350r front springs, it about 7/8 lowered.

bgjersey30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Shadow Black stripe delete
did this only lower the front? how does the rear look now with the change?

Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
What's the P/N on them ?
And did you have to recalibrate the magnaride system ?

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
You can buy them on ebay for cheaper than you'd think , just searxh it up believe its around $270+ for a set

Sponsored

Panthers1521

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
You can buy the springs for the R from Ford Performance, but the lowering is negligible. You can lower a car with magnetic ride control, its been done in Audi, Chevy, and Ferrari. I think they market is just to small for this car and not enough demand. You should give Eibach or H&R a call to see what they have cooking.

You can always get custom lowering springs. I know of a couple places. Its about 2x the cost, but they are bespoke. They will ask you your weight, if you have and special parts in the car like subs, or anything else, and they will lower it exactly to your specifications.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You can buy the springs for the R from Ford Performance, but the lowering is negligible.
The R springs can be purchased through the Ford Parts and Service network, such as through your local dealer. Ford Performance doesn't sell them.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
Are the R springs the same in the back as the "regular" GT350? I would consider swapping the 4 corners to R specs if it's compatible with the magneride...

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Really any lowering spring would be "compatible" with the MR. The issue is going to be tuning. The MR response will be compromised since it was designed and tuned for use with the factory spring with certain height and spring rates. Now the question is how much will it be affected. Probably not much with just a minor drop and using it on the street. But my guess is track performance would be affected more since the suspension will be at more extreme ranges in the programming of the struts.

My hope is someone comes out with a set of springs with revised tuning for the MR. It doesn't sound like Ford Performance is going to do it though based on a call I had with them a few weeks ago. They did not give any specifics but they stated that they ran into issues during testing. :doh: