Stang vs camaro (modded)

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Since we're on the subject of high horsepower Coyotes I have to ask - does anyone actually daily a mustang with over 700whp? I'm assuming at that point traction is a funny joke and you won't actually be able to put the power down. Shoot, I'm spinning with bolt-ons!
Used to DD my s197 hard to keep it from spinning even with Nitto on dig, but got to love it on Mexico highway speed.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Since we're on the subject of high horsepower Coyotes I have to ask - does anyone actually daily a mustang with over 700whp? I'm assuming at that point traction is a funny joke and you won't actually be able to put the power down. Shoot, I'm spinning with bolt-ons!
Slicks because racecar. I dd a 1300whp car for awhile. It was great. No thats not sarcasm.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
There are several of Whipple'd cars doing it. Drag radials full time and this makes it much easier!

IMG_1326.JPG

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Yep, 700+rwhp isn't difficult to DD. I really enjoy mine and love it when a z06 tries it. Drag radials are a must! I had MT street comps and they didn't get traction until 4th lol. MT ETs work great and I am going to try NT555Rs for my DD tires. As for the Camaro, I'll pick the Mustang anyday in regards to responding to mods. If those things need meth to hit 700rwhp, that is a joke. I'm on 93. I am experimenting with meth since no one else will.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yep, 700+rwhp isn't difficult to DD. I really enjoy mine and love it when a z06 tries it. Drag radials are a must! I had MT street comps and they didn't get traction until 4th lol. MT ETs work great and I am going to try NT555Rs for my DD tires. As for the Camaro, I'll pick the Mustang anyday in regards to responding to mods. If those things need meth to hit 700rwhp, that is a joke. I'm on 93. I am experimenting with meth since no one else will.
They also need cams to hit that and pistons to reliably have 800s. Its not even close in comparison to the coyote once force induction enters the equation.

Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I don't understand why so many people are so concerned with how fast their cars are in comparison to other cars.

Does everyone race 6 Camaros on their way to work every morning?
You sound like my wife. I keep trying to talk her into letting me put headers, corsa sport, gt350 manifold, and tune on her car. I ask her what she's gonna do if she's at a light with a 16 camaro?

I can walk a C7 vette with mine, before the GT350 manifold, I was still pulling away at 120 mph. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I also hear of plenty of folks "popping" their engines due to FI. I would love to go FI, but keep hearing so many different "safe" hp levels on a totally stock longblock. Had my share of cammed LS1's, had one spin a rod bearing on the dyno after having the brand new Dart heads fixed. Like someone else said, I spin with just a few bolt ons and driving daily on DR's is not an option. I guess ideally you would want a very progressive, yet strong power delivery to have "fun" in a street car. Having a 3.6X 1st gear doesn't help at all. Oh how I wish for a XL 6 speed too.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
You sound like my wife. I keep trying to talk her into letting me put headers, corsa sport, gt350 manifold, and tune on her car. I ask her what she's gonna do if she's at a light with a 16 camaro?

I can walk a C7 vette with mine, before the GT350 manifold, I was still pulling away at 120 mph. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Haha Hillarious! What did she say? I'm guessing she has a 5.0.

Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
No matter what, there's always someone faster right? I gotta learn to just enjoy what I have. It's a never ending debate....... It does look like these Coyotes respond better to FI, just a matter of spending that dough and knowing engine damage could very well happen. Tune it right and don't miss shifts! :)

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Heck this guy go all out replacing LT4 to his new 2016 Camaro SS and SC with whole bunch other supporting mods and not even get a lot out of it.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469102&page=5
Wow, I just saw that thread! 12.1 @ 123mph with a 2.2 60ft.. the power is there, dude just needs to learn how to launch it. If he can cut a 1.8 60 ft, his ET will be around mid 11's to high 11's depending on the DA.

Gotta give him props tho for tackling it.. he's just as ballzy as the member here who put a Coyote motor in his EB.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
:lol::lol::lol::lol: hes invested 20g on top of the price of the car and only traps 123mph
Money makes some people stupid i guess!

Did you guys also see that one thread at the camaro vs section with one stock camaro owner racing against a blown s550 gt and winning. But it turned out that the s550 owner was there trying to dial in his tune with the new setup, and spinned his tires pretty bad.

They made a huge deal out of it, its insane! They really thought for a sec that a stock ss can go toe to toe with a blown s550. Some of these guys are really stupid and don't know anything about laws of physics, but what strikes me most is that they can afford these cars with their limited brain capacity!

As Trump says, "You are FIRED!!!"
Sponsored