Sponsored

Nickel painted Perf. Pack. wheels... factory vs DIY?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
From looking at what all is needed, this is FAR from an easy fix. I have to figure some way to get the dealer to "stock"/order magnetic/base/performance with the nickel wheels.

Thanks

-Emt1581
I don't think it makes sense to repaint wheels to a factory color. Much easier and cheaper to just buy a silver set and sell the black set.

Smart dealers won't swap parts off new cars if said parts are in any way documented on the window sticker. Its just asking for trouble when the buyer of one or both decides they "didn't know" and were harmed by the "deceit".

But some dealers customize lot cars, including aftermarket wheels. If they started with the wheels you want and are now gathering dust, they should swap with you to close a sale.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I don't think it makes sense to repaint wheels to a factory color. Much easier and cheaper to just buy a silver set and sell the black set.

Smart dealers won't swap parts off new cars if said parts are in any way documented on the window sticker. Its just asking for trouble when the buyer of one or both decides they "didn't know" and were harmed by the "deceit".

But some dealers customize lot cars, including aftermarket wheels. If they started with the wheels you want and are now gathering dust, they should swap with you to close a sale.
I wasn't planning on asking them to swap parts on a car they already had. More like, when they place their next order for stock... do whatever they would normally do, but get one with the nickel wheels.

After looking around their inventory, they do have other cars with the nickel wheels so I know they can do it. And since that's the only thing I'm asking for, hopefully they'd do it without much of an issue.

Thanks

-Emt1581

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wasn't planning on asking them to swap parts on a car they already had. More like, when they place their next order for stock... do whatever they would normally do, but get one with the nickel wheels.
I'm not understanding. If you have to wait for a car to be built, why don't you just order the exact car you want? I'm not following waiting for a car to be built just to find it has the wheels you want but something else you don't like. They are NOT going to want to swap wheels off another inventory car, regardless of when they get it because then the donor car doesn't match the Window Sticker and they have to add a dealer change window sticker and can still get sued by a dumb customer who didn't understand he wasn't getting everything on the Window Sticker.

And if you mean they should order a car exactly like you want, why wouldn't you special order? Special orders are price protected if MSRPs change, give you the options of cash incentives at time of order or any incentive at time of delivery, plus special orders are built sooner.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I'm not understanding. If you have to wait for a car to be built, why don't you just order the exact car you want? I'm not following waiting for a car to be built just to find it has the wheels you want but something else you don't like. They are NOT going to want to swap wheels off another inventory car, regardless of when they get it because then the donor car doesn't match the Window Sticker and they have to add a dealer change window sticker and can still get sued by a dumb customer who didn't understand he wasn't getting everything on the Window Sticker.

And if you mean they should order a car exactly like you want, why wouldn't you special order? Special orders are price protected if MSRPs change, give you the options of cash incentives at time of order or any incentive at time of delivery, plus special orders are built sooner.
I was on the phone with the dealer yesterday. He said it takes 8-10 weeks for special orders. He also asked...if he could "find" the car in the exact combo I wanted would I be interested. I explained I'd want the same price they would offer if it was their stock and they didn't have to track it down. He didn't say anything confirming or denying it would be.

To simplify. They normally have plenty of cars that are 1) GT 2) Performance Pack 3) Magnetic....but none that I've seen come with the nickel wheels. For some reason in Magnetic they order them with black.

Thanks

-Emt1581

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I was on the phone with the dealer yesterday. He said it takes 8-10 weeks for special orders. He also asked...if he could "find" the car in the exact combo I wanted would I be interested. I explained I'd want the same price they would offer if it was their stock and they didn't have to track it down. He didn't say anything confirming or denying it would be.

To simplify. They normally have plenty of cars that are 1) GT 2) Performance Pack 3) Magnetic....but none that I've seen come with the nickel wheels. For some reason in Magnetic they order them with black.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Simple solution: Buy the Nickle wheels for $570. Swap the tires. Sell the black ones for $600 on the classifieds.
Sponsored