Sponsored

58+% Power gain on just 8psi of ProCharger Supercharger Boost....

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Hi I'm new to prochargers and I'm considering purchasing a 2015 mustang v6 with a procharger and the car only has 1k miles any tips on what to look at when I go purchase the car or if I should even consider purchasing it anything will help thanks I'm new

another thing you can do is make sure the car comes with the programmer. plug the programmer in and it will be able to show you the "last tune written" that will tell you if the car has been custom tuned or if its still running the procharger tune. there is little to worry about with the procharger tune.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Procharger supercharger or turbos witch one would you pick if you were buying a New 16 GT ?
depends... there is pros and cons to each. leaving cost out of the factor. the procharger is MUCH easier to install. less invasive. can be removed easier if need be. no cutting. a true bolt on part. turbos are much more invasive. harder to put on and remove as they are much more complex. BUT they sure are fun.

im a procharger guy and always will be. you just cant beat them for down right reliability and simplicity.

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I got a really good deal on it if I were to get it what should I do go get it tuned ? And I'll be fine ?
If you're concerned about keeping costs down, keep in mind Ford will probably deny warranty work for a lot of things related to your engine, transmission, and drive line. I don't have personal experience on this, just going by what others' have posted in this forum.

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If you're concerned about keeping costs down, keep in mind Ford will probably deny warranty work for a lot of things related to your engine, transmission, and drive line. I don't have personal experience on this, just going by what others' have posted in this forum.
Depends on your dealership. We have a few dealerships that sell the cars with ProChargers already on them, such as......Sarasota Ford.

I personally used to work for a dealership, and we didn't give a poop about aftermarket parts, unless it was someone that did something ultra silly.

No different then seeing a Chevy truck come into a dealership, with a 5th wheel rated to tow 30,000lbs (in a 1500 truck)

Unless Ford comes and says "No"
Or you really piss off your service advisor, or manager.
I think you would be surprised how understanding dealerships are.

Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Depends on your dealership. We have a few dealerships that sell the cars with ProChargers already on them, such as......Sarasota Ford.

I personally used to work for a dealership, and we didn't give a poop about aftermarket parts, unless it was someone that did something ultra silly.

No different then seeing a Chevy truck come into a dealership, with a 5th wheel rated to tow 30,000lbs (in a 1500 truck)

Unless Ford comes and says "No"
Or you really piss off your service advisor, or manager.
I think you would be surprised how understanding dealerships are.
I took my 2015 V6 in for a oil change at 5000 miles at FT. Lauderdale Ford and had a throttle spacer and SCTx4 93 tuner installed the service advisor got in it to take it to service step on the gas and chirped the tires came back smiled and said sweet mustang. I told him not to update the ECU in till he lets me know. I always have my tunes with me to return it to stock he said no problum.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Yep you never know unless you try. I didn't even want to try when the flywheel broke since I wanted to go aftermarket anyway.

MyYellowPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Yel GT Prem PP
I am not used to this forum but am in a bind. i installed an f1a on my GT and id1300s and ngk plugs and jus bap. once all was installed the car cranks but won't fire up. any ideas? car fired after PC install. car fired after spark plugs and injectors. then once bap was installed it would not fire. *car has not been tuned yet. just started and checked for any leaks of any sort.

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I am not used to this forum but am in a bind. i installed an f1a on my GT and id1300s and ngk plugs and jus bap. once all was installed the car cranks but won't fire up. any ideas? car fired after PC install. car fired after spark plugs and injectors. then once bap was installed it would not fire. *car has not been tuned yet. just started and checked for any leaks of any sort.
I can't believe it even ran at all, without a tune.
Hopefully you didn't' foul the spark plugs out.

I would highly advise against NOT starting one of these cars, without a proper tune file installed first.

Get her tuned, fire her up, and enjoy the BOOOST! :)

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Ok prob a dumb question but I live in Mass and we have a yearly inspection on our cars that includes emissions testing how would this affect passing the mass emissions test ? Mass adopted the Cali standards so there is not a lot that we can play with on our cars here
Thanks
Mark

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Ok prob a dumb question but I live in Mass and we have a yearly inspection on our cars that includes emissions testing how would this affect passing the mass emissions test ? Mass adopted the Cali standards so there is not a lot that we can play with on our cars here
Thanks
Mark
no sensors are turned off and all systems will report ready so it should pass.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Hey guys have any of you procharged owners built the bottom end. I'm plannning on doing that maybe in a month along with headers too.

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Hey guys have any of you procharged owners built the bottom end. I'm plannning on doing that maybe in a month along with headers too.
Unless you are shooting for big numbers I don't think you will need to build the bottom end. There are guys in the cyclone Facebook group, both supercharged and turboed, that have been pushing 500 to 550 rwhp for years now. There is also a guy on e85 at about 600 rwhp for a year now and he beats on his car every weekend. Tuning is the key.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Unless you are shooting for big numbers I don't think you will need to build the bottom end. There are guys in the cyclone Facebook group, both supercharged and turboed, that have been pushing 500 to 550 rwhp for years now. There is also a guy on e85 at about 600 rwhp for a year now and he beats on his car every weekend. Tuning is the key.
Yeah I wanted to do it to get as much hp as I could but I'm starting to want to swap a gt350 engine and transmission into it. I just don't know exactly what else I would need to complete the swap.
Sponsored