Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
All this talk about modding to murder is why I enjoy the twisty's, as road handling is more of a driver's race. Bracket racing though is an interesting topic.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Straight line racing. Road racing. It all takes a certain skill set. If it was easy. Anyone could just jump in a car. And cut a killer R/t, sixty and ET at the drag strip. Or lay down a new track lap record at a road course. Neither type of racing is easier or harder than the other.

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
A GT PP is pretty darn capable on the track with about $1000 in suspension/IRS upgrades. The C6 may be a better platform but not necessarily the better car.

The coyote is definitely a more rewarding engine than the LS3 to drive on track.
Therein lies my dilemma. I am not sure I want to keep throwing money at the Mustang to make it more track capable and in the end it will still be the heavier car.

Have you driven an LS3 on a road course? Just driving one around town I can feel the difference in torque and how much lighter the car feels overall. I cannot imagine that this would not translate well to a track. But then again, this is why I posed the question.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No comparison. C6 GS hands down is the better car. Yes the Coyote is more rev happy but that doesn't mean a lower revving engine doesn't thrill on the track. That torque keeps you on your toes. It's pretty engaging.

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I bought the wife a 2011 C6 Grand Sport and I had a 2012 C6 ZR1. As far as performance is concerned the Corvette is the better car stock compared to a stock Mustang. The Grand Sport is a great handling vehicle and the LS3 is strong off the line all the way to red line. Now if you really want to play there is always the Z06 and the ZR1. My ZR1 was insane. Not just fast but handling like it was on rails and brakes to match. The only downside was the interior. The seats in the C6 are horrible and they don't get any better with age. That was probably my biggest gripe about the whole car. The only other real complaint I had with the Grand Sport was the factory shifter. It was simple enough to replace which was a good thing because the factory felt like rubber! I replaced hers with a MGW and it was a night and day improvement.

Now for me compared to my 2017 Mustang GT I have to say I like the Mustang better. The seating is far more refined and comfortable. I have a trunk versus a hatch so I can pack a couple of suitcases and head out of town and still see out of my rear view mirror. The GT with the performance package handles great yet still has decent street manners and doesn't beat you to death. The electronics are superior in the GT. The factory Bose is the Grand Sport was so bad I elected to leave the radio off and listen to the motor instead! :lol:

If you are looking for a track vehicle only and not a daily driver the C6 may very well work for you. They are fun cars to drive but not comfortable for long periods of time. Now if you are willing to invest in some better seating all that could change.
Sponsored