Sponsored

CAI - Should I or Don't bother

Lnesprido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So it's spring time and mode fever has started. The FRPP Touring catback is in, now what? I was thinking on doing the CAI and going with the AIRAID closed box design. I like the fact that it's closed and will keep my paranoia down with concerns over rain/water getting in the open box design.

Question: Should I bother spending the $350+ on a CAI? I don't currently have any plan to tuner her (at least not until after the warranty is up). Will the few added HP shift my power band negatively?

Question: Perhaps I should take the $350+, and get hood struts, jack rails and something else.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Go suspension/chassis first. BMR cradle lockout kit to start. No use in more power until you can put it down better.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Steeda G-Track front Brace + Steeda Read Sub Frame Brace. Best $400 you will ever spend. Skip the CAI.

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I go for power first but I think the others are correct, should be suspension, brakes then power but to each their own. Secondly, I'm of the opinion the stock intake units work great, not a restriction in this car. Of course with that said, I have a JLT but I like the looks and it doesn't hurt but I don't think it's going to do a better job, performance wise over the stock unit. My .02.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I skipped CAI this time around because for the cost the benefit is highly debatable and might not even exist. Still look cool though

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Ford engineered the Coyote so well that it doesn't need a CAI. The stock box flows generously and is not a restriction at all. Several people have installed CAIs with no difference reported in performance. They do look and sound cool though. I'd get suspension done first and only get a CAI if you want dat woosh.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Stick with an enclosed box type of CAI to avoid high IAT's. Airaid, Injen, and Corsa.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Without a tune, a CAI is a waste of $350, IMO.

My favorite CAI is from Injen. But I will patiently wait to see if Ford comes out with a tune that keeps my warranty, and mod other things until then.

[MENTION=17336]Lnesprido[/MENTION] By the way, how do you like your FRPP Touring CB? Any drone at all? (I'm window shopping exhausts.)

Reactions: 113

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i would do k&n drop in and delete the resonator with x-pipe for going without a tune. you will feel a difference.
This or the aFE drop-in.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I kept my stock box and went with an AEM performance filter and Airaid modular intake tube. Night and day difference in throttle response and the car feels like it has more torque in the lower end through mid range. It also seems to change the sound of the exhaust slightly. It comes on faster and has a little more burble on decel(FRPP Touring). $200 and about 15-20 minutes to install...
Sponsored