2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
So can wrap one around the pony on the front grill???

Someone must have thought of this already?

CVCashmere

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think you did a good job on the install.

This car is the most serious track car that Ford has offered in dealerships. They've went out of their way to minimize/eliminate gimmicks so to me, any addition of lighting, emblems, louvers or dolls of crying babies really take away from the intention of the car.

In the past, Mustang owners have a hard time leaving things alone, as the cars have always been a bargain and are part of the hotrod generation. There are usually a bunch of cars that might look just like yours, because they produced so many...maybe leading to the desire to modify. So I guess I'm saying that I understand that people want to make their cars "theirs" but these GT350s are unique enough, IMO...and anything done to them that doesn't align with the cars original track theme, just degrades them.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think you did a good job on the install.

This car is the most serious track car that Ford has offered in dealerships. They've went out of their way to minimize/eliminate gimmicks so to me, any addition of lighting, emblems, louvers or dolls of crying babies really take away from the intention of the car.

In the past, Mustang owners have a hard time leaving things alone, as the cars have always been a bargain and are part of the hotrod generation. There are usually a bunch of cars that might look just like yours, because they produced so many...maybe leading to the desire to modify. So I guess I'm saying that I understand that people want to make their cars "theirs" but these GT350s are unique enough, IMO...and anything done to them that doesn't align with the cars original track theme, just degrades them.
I agree with those sentiments.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Mixed feelings on it. Very nice install, but it makes the front end look busy. IMO, the front end is the money shot on this car, it's absolutely gorgeous without any mods.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
those would look great.... on an ec0boost

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
I love the individualism but it is not for me remember mr mago for us old guys

Sponsored

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
looks like photoshop.... do you have some detailed pictures of how the light goes on the grill? without the lights on

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
looks like photoshop.... do you have some detailed pictures of how the light goes on the grill? without the lights on
I attached the lights by using a black fishing line (this way its almost impossible to see how they are held on and makes it easy for me to remove if I want to). I do want to add a small bracket around the lights, to make them look more oem, so this is still work in progress.

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I am not a big fan of ricing my cars out, but I am a huge fan on making sure my cars are individual to me. I do try to add things that I personally think make the car look better (this usually does mean that others might not approve or like it). Thankfully, I do not have to ask permission from people, but I do welcome opinions. My goal is always to try to make the car look as good as it can. This is why I changed the wheels on the car as well. I think a lot of people would prefer Dark OEM wheels, but it just doesn't do it for me.

I really did like the halos on the car from Need for Speed and really wanted to see if I can make something similar come out on this car. I personally think it looks pretty good. I think it looks better in real life then it does on the pictures.

I also ordered a light tint for the halos, so that should hide them a bit better once they are turned off.

I think also another problem is that im a big BMW enthusiast and halos have been part of my add on list, for all my bmw's. E46 M3 and the e53 X5 both got aftermarket halos, which I believe made the car look a lot better.

Here is a pic of my other car and all the things I keep throwing on it, to make it more individual...but there is always a limit to everything. Too much stuff can make it look very riced out, but I do not believe these lights killed the look of the car at all. I think maybe if I haven't seen these lights on the previous generations, it might have looked a lot more riced out to me, but this way it just makes it look more old school and aggressive.
20170827_135555.jpg
20171013_075310.jpg

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I’m not so sure on your execution.... The front badge is throwing off your assymetry.. I think if you’re gonna do this, a center mount would work better and pay homage to the model’s history??
C29C66E9-379A-413F-9D7F-9829022AFA3A.jpeg

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I’m not so sure on your execution.... The front badge is throwing off your assymetry.. Could a center mounting work??
Yea, I agree on that. I do like the way the lights look more spread out, but the badging does throw it off.

I am considering getting a second badge for the left side and putting it in the middle of the halo. It might not look too terrible. Might look like the halos outline the badges.

Also thinking maybe removing the badge and putting a shelby emblem in the middle. Maybe the same oem badge or getting blacked out "SHELBY" letters in the middle of the grille.

Still trying to figure out the best option. I think trying a second badge in the middle of the other halo might be the first option I am going to try, but I am not able to find an OEM Badge. I looked everywhere, and i think you can only get it, if you purchase the entire front grille. I do not want to get aftermarket badge, cause I think the sizing might be different from OEM.
Sponsored