anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
Hi

Let me know if there's a better thread for this... Had a look but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone developed a panel gap like this? This is looking from the back of the car, driver's side. It's between where the bumper and rear quarter panel meet.

I don't know if a clip has come loose or something. Tried to push the panels back together but they won't hold. Anyone know what's going on here?

nlb6H1.jpg
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
There's a lot of topics on this issue. You are not alone, rapid production due to the Mustang's demand has resulted in things like misaligned panels and gaps on many of our Mustangs. In almost all cases the gaps are fixable via simple adjustments. I had panel gaps in several spots (don't even remember which ones anymore) and I took my car to the dealership and they got the offending panels realigned. Most dealers are aware the new Mustangs come off the line with some panel gap issues.

OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
Ah ok, thanks... So it sounds like a dealership visit is in order then. Hope they do it for free

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ah ok, thanks... So it sounds like a dealership visit is in order then. Hope they do it for free
It's a warranty issue ... so yes, it will be free. If not, find a different dealer that isn't trying to rip you off.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Yep, I have the same on my drivers side, dealer claims it's the molding and not the locking clips creating the gaps. If you pull up the bumper from above the exhaust tip you notice the gap is closing and getting aligned properly... I'm still waiting for a permanent fix though... cheers!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
My panels seem ok. Car was produced 12/2015 it's had time to separate. Hope it doesn't . The passenger side is a little off. My 13 Boss rear panel is little off. You really don't notice the bumper cover gaps that much form behind the wheel @ 8250 rpms.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: