Sponsored

STEEDA NEW PART RELEASE - S550 CLUTCH ASSIST SPRING PERCH UPGRADE KIT

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm assuming it has to do with the leverage of the pedal sets, but I suppose we'll see when Steeda responds.
You are correct. thank you ! Team Steeda.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiousity, why did Steeda change from 95 lbs springs from 11-14 to the 35 lbs for the 2015+ Mustangs? Will the springs interchange from 11-14 and 15+? Was the 95 lbs springs tested on the S550?
They are completely different designs in the pedal assembly, the springs do different things for each car.

While the S197 Mustangs do not have a superlight clutch, the same can’t be said for the overly light 2015 and up S550 Mustangs. These models will most certainly benefit from the Steeda spring. Let’s face it: When you’re jamming gears, the last thing you want is an inconsistent clutch pedal. The Steeda clutch assist spring is one item we wouldn’t want to live without.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1604-we-test-the-steeda-mustang-clutch-assist-spring-with-great-results/

Don't get caught up in the numbers for each application ...the springs are specific for each MY.

Best Regards,

TJ

slogan8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Received my kit (Perch + Steeda spring) in the mail today, immediately installed it and took her for a lap.

Background: Used the stock kit for about 2 months before completely removing it. Car was a weekend warrior until recently where it is now a daily driver. As fate would have it I was looking for a new kit the day the after the Steeda one was released.

First impression was that the perch kit was well built. A LOT more sturdy than the stock junk that was on there. Installation was simple, greased up the male side and then squeezed the thing together and it pops right in place. I had a little concern of the ears breaking off during the process because of the stock ones sucking, but this held strong.

Test drive: I remember the OG spring, and it was complete garbage. The Steeda spring is night and day difference to both the original spring and no spring. Completely smooth on the push in, and equally smooth on the way out.

As i get some more miles in this week with traffic I will report back :) Thanks for the parts Steeda!

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Received my kit (Perch + Steeda spring) in the mail today, immediately installed it and took her for a lap.

Background: Used the stock kit for about 2 months before completely removing it. Car was a weekend warrior until recently where it is now a daily driver. As fate would have it I was looking for a new kit the day the after the Steeda one was released.

First impression was that the perch kit was well built. A LOT more sturdy than the stock junk that was on there. Installation was simple, greased up the male side and then squeezed the thing together and it pops right in place. I had a little concern of the ears breaking off during the process because of the stock ones sucking, but this held strong.

Test drive: I remember the OG spring, and it was complete garbage. The Steeda spring is night and day difference to both the original spring and no spring. Completely smooth on the push in, and equally smooth on the way out.

As i get some more miles in this week with traffic I will report back :) Thanks for the parts Steeda!
Were you able to put some miles on it?

TJ

A.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Pm with pricing on perch please. Just bought the spring before this came. Haven't installed spring will wait to get this first.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

Installed mine today also. The Steeda spring and their perches. I agree with your assessment.

Been running without the original spring since about three weeks from taking delivery of the car. Been having off and on issues with the clutch pedal not coming all the way up which negatively affected the shifting.

I'm hoping the Steeda spring resolves theses issues. :cheers:

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Hello All,

You asked ... we listened - Steeda is happy to announce the release of our new heavy duty aftermarket Steeda Clutch Spring Perch:

Steeda went to work & designed a piece much stronger than stock & we are so confident in its design, we guarantee it for life!

Fits perfectly for both the OEM spring & the Steeda clutch spring. Fits all models and will help convert your GT350 over to the Steeda clutch spring which gives you a much better feel of your clutch.

Link on the website will be available shortly, but you can call & order by phone at 1800 950 0774 & ask for part number 555-7024.

Best Regards,

TJ
Good job, that was quick!:D

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1437619#post1437619

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because we Design, Engineer & Manufacture our parts right here in the U.S.A. we can move quicker to market than companies that outsource their parts!

TJ

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Worth every penny if you need one as is the spring which l'll be ordering. Fortunately l didn't break mine when it was pulled.

slogan8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Were you able to put some miles on it?

TJ
Indeed! My personal opinion, definitely liking this setup the best of the three I have had. Its just a very smooth feeling. My little bit of OCD also appreciates that there is no play anymore when the clutch is disengaged.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Indeed! My personal opinion, definitely liking this setup the best of the three I have had. Its just a very smooth feeling. My little bit of OCD also appreciates that there is no play anymore when the clutch is disengaged.
Again, I second slogan8r's thoughts on the Steeda spring.

I just got back from a short run to the store and the pedal and shifting is smoother and easier and I appreciate being able to feel the friction point in every gear, which is at the same point in the pedal travel.

With the Tri-Ax short throw and the Steeda spring, shifting is a pleasure. :cheers:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Does anyone know where I can find out information on the GT350? I just removed my Steeda clutch spring after driving with it for weeks. It started feeling a little stiff, and my friend just told me that I was supposed to have one clutch spring and that's it. The stock GT350 clutch spring has an additional spring that Steeda's instructions don't specify whether or not to remove, so I just left mine in. There's supposedly some instructions somewhere about removing this as well from the GT350s?
Sponsored