Sponsored

Lowering Seat & Moving It Back?

seanof30306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a 2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi all, Newb here

I test drove a 2016 Mustang convertible the other day, and I loved it!

Only one problem ... head and leg room.

I'm 6'5", and I want to sit LOW....

I have an '89 Firebird, and resolved the problem with it by swapping over to Fiero seat brackets. They're 1 1/2" shorter. It doesn't sound like much, but it made a HUGE difference.

I've got a buddy who is 6'7". He has a '66 Mustang, and had the seat platforms removed, and bolted the stock seat brackets directly to the floor, and 2" further back. It is amazing! I almost need to sit on a phone book.

When I looked at the Mustang, the seats appeared to be mounted on pedestals, too. Has anyone tried removing them? Does anyone have any photos of a 2015+ Mustang floorboard with the seats and carpets out?

I've got another buddy who is 6'3", and has a 2004 Mazda Miata. The guys on the Miata forum suggested he have 1" shaved off the bottom of the seat foam. He did, and it made a big difference. Would something like that work on a Mustang?

Do manual seats sit lower than power seats? The car I drove had power seats .... there appeared to be a lot of downward adjustment.

I really liked the car, and want one, but I'm going to have to resolve the head and legroom issues if I'm going to get one.

Also, I tried searching, both here, and on google ... no luck. I'm a noob here, but I've been on the internets long enough to know better than to ask here without trying on my own first.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

seanof30306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a 2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I found this. I had the seat all the ways down, with the front of the lower part tilted up, and the back of the seat tilted back.

[ame]