Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Im sorry this car design doesn't do anything for me. Please don't take my dislike personal. You have more design talent then I could ever do.
But the front is to busy for me, to many foward scoops.
The 71-73 mach1 hood doest work on this car, the hood scoop revel in the bumper cover is to much.
The splitter double lip has gotta go. the wheel flares are to bold, I don't like the pedestal spoiler either I'm sorry.
Man I bitch a lot.
Sponsored

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
Nothing happens is speculation about real basis. I'm a little tired of using the ecoboost base or base GT350. I'm on marcah with a new completely different and more modelo.Algo my own and my imagination without limits. Certainly not the best made:cheers:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Im sorry this car design doesn't do anything for me. Please don't take my dislike personal. You have more design talent then I could ever do.
But the front is to busy for me, to many foward scoops.
The 71-73 mach1 hood doest work on this car, the hood scoop revel in the bumper cover is to much.
The splitter double lip has gotta go. the wheel flares are to bold, I don't like the pedestal spoiler either I'm sorry.
Man I bitch a lot.
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone loves to put a ton of scoops on the GT500 renders. If it has any they most likely be functional and not just for show. As for the hood, historically it's been about getting heat out of the engine bay not more air in.

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone loves to put a ton of scoops on the GT500 renders. If it has any they most likely be functional and not just for show. As for the hood, historically it's been about getting heat out of the engine bay not more air in.
The 1967 GT-500 has 5 scoops on it...all functional. No heat extraction out of the engine bay (except for when the fiberglass hood bows over time and you get big gaps on the sides LOL). I can understand how/why people's renders have lots of scoops in them.....I fully agree, if you're going to have scoops they should be functional. Anyone remember the 1969-70 Shelbys with the NACA hood????

BTW, I like the last render of the 500.... tires are a little skinny (aspect ratio wise) for my taste but other than that.... I'd buy it:cheers:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm well aware what the scoops are for. But they are too much. All this talk about scoops has got me hungry. I'm going to go get a ice cream cone.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I'm well aware what the scoops are for. But they are too much. All this talk about scoops has got me hungry. I'm going to go get a ice cream cone.
So, did you get 1 or 2 scoops ! :)

Can't wait to see more spy shots of the 500.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
2018__my_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_black_large_by_jhonconnor-dai8257.jpg

At this rate it would have to do is sign me ford in its design department because every idea I've done mustang modification would be worth its price in gold. It's what I would do to my mustang and more or less serious this result. Of course not dream shelby ford or who these two factories do something like that in your life
Lights are cool.. the rest of the car is fugly.

Sponsored

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Oh my science...:love:
I like this....and the blue one shown...albeit maybe a little less body swooping on the blue one.

Nice to see all the ideas...and then how it turns out.

My biggest disappointment is that my bank account isn't large enough to support purchasing. The new Mustang in general is an awesome vehicle. I have a 16 GT and based on that alone I can only imagine how much fun GT350 is now and the GT500 will be. Luckily I also have an 11 GT500 to keep me in the Shelby family too. Although I'd be tempted to sell/trade them both for a 18 GT500....plus body parts too. All I need is eyes, two feet and two arms..right? The rest can be sold. LOL

Keep the sketches coming!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a question does any body think the return of the GT500 coupe will also have the return of the GT500 convertible? :cool:

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Here's a question does any body think the return of the GT500 coupe will also have the return of the GT500 convertible? :cool:
Maybe, maybe not. The convertible model's rigidity of S550 is worse than S197. They could beef it up though.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Maybe, maybe not. The convertible model's rigidity of S550 is worse than S197. They could beef it up though.
Really?

I thought the S550 convertible has the equivalent structural rigidity of the S197 coupe :shrug:
Sponsored