Sponsored

How streetable are Prochargers?

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I was looking at the High Output Intercooled System with P-1SC-1. Is this something that can be practical for a daily driver that I drive 100 miles round trip 4 days a week? I see a fair amount of stop and go traffic in the evening and Houston is freaking HOT! I still need to be able to run A/C without the car overheating. How does gas mileage change if you keep your foot out of it?
Sponsored

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
i have a 3.31 non perf pack 6spd manual. Stg 2, with fuel boostpump, p1sc1.

street drivability and manner is identical to before, out of boost. Stop and go traffic, you'll just be louder.
My combined mpg, as a daily driver is almost identical as before, i've been boosted for nearly 5k miles. I live in GA, not as hot as Houston, but I see nearly 50-60 highway miles a day, along with occasional weekend travels in atlanta stop-go traffic. Honestly, out boost (lower than 3500or so rpm) I can't tell the difference between boosted vs stock.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I have the stage 2, so it's the same intercooler. When you are in traffic, the car temp goes up to about 15 above IAT. Regular driving it's solid at 4 above IAT.

Lately in Dallas we are having 95 degree weather, and my air inlet temp is at 98-99 solid when there's no traffic and 107-108 during. Before the supercharger i get 14.8 mpg combine, it's at 14.6 mpg right now.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
They suck, buy twins!!!

But really, drives just like stock unless you want to bitch slap a Camaro....

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
On my current truck I drive daily with a procharger, has racked up 225k miles nearlly all blown.... never an issue. My friend has 260k on on his unit, and daily driver.

All our company cars are ProCharged and daily driven by staff, magazine people, photographers, etc.... from bitter cold here in KC below freezing, to above 100+ degrees.

We won't release a system if its not just as ready to handle daily driving as the car was in stock form. :)

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Even at my power level the D1SC can be a daily. It's why I went PC in the first place. IATs stay cool, cylinder heads stay cool. Even today I was driving along, cruising when a downpour appeared out of nowhere. Windows up, A/C on, rain/snow mode on, and stay out of boost 'til it dries up again.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
i have a 3.31 non perf pack 6spd manual. Stg 2, with fuel boostpump, p1sc1.

street drivability and manner is identical to before, out of boost. Stop and go traffic, you'll just be louder.
My combined mpg, as a daily driver is almost identical as before, i've been boosted for nearly 5k miles. I live in GA, not as hot as Houston, but I see nearly 50-60 highway miles a day, along with occasional weekend travels in atlanta stop-go traffic. Honestly, out boost (lower than 3500or so rpm) I can't tell the difference between boosted vs stock.
Ayyy ATL! :headbang:

As quoted above, street manners are nearly identical to N/A. As long as you have a good tune, you should be able to daily it as usual.

My IATs are actually lower with my ProCharger than they were with my N/A setup.

OP
OP
Saleen308

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
What else would I have to buy or upgrade to support this ProCharger system?

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
What else would I have to buy or upgrade to support this ProCharger system?
Nothing if you are just daily driving it. Buy their complete kit or even piece a few things together if you want a custom tune. I've run mine hard without problems, but I'm also not shocking the driveline aggressively like some might. I mean if you want to do 5-6k rpm clutch drops, then obviously you are going to want clutch/half shafts. Drive it like you have some sense and the biggest upgrade you are going to need is tires. I have 315 rear, and granted the nt555 I have aren't super aggressive, but 1st gear is spin city.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
A/C blasting in the FL heat and humidity and never gets hot in stop and go traffic ... I'm easy on my gas peddle and get 16.8 in town , 26+ Hwy if I don't act stupid .. I forget at times it has a blower and runs 9s .. :)

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Very streetable! Just finished an install for a customer with zero issues, P1X as well.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've put ~7k miles on mine in less than 3 months, all street driving and road trips.

It's perfect, you'll love it.