Sponsored

Exhaust Help - Roush or Magnaflow Street

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
I"m a bit in exhaust hell... I had the MBRP street and hated it due to rasp. Then I got the Solo exhaust and it droned like crazy; and sounded a bit crappy as well.

I have been back with stock for a few months and need a bit of a volume kick.

Anyone suggest the Roush over the Magnaflow street catback? I can get the Magnaflow for $850 new which sits better with me since more a full system than just a axle back, I'm just concerned that the Roush will be too loud. I daily drive my 5.0 so still want the refinement.

Help appreciated!!
Sponsored

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Please share where you can get the Magnaflow street catback setup for $850.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19644]Lexman[/MENTION], your thoughts...

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
Have you considered Corsa Sport? No rasp/drone. Apparently you can get a good deal from Beefcake from what I've read.

This is the route I'll be taking eventually.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Roush is pretty much as good as you can get (IMO) while keeping the stock resonator. Sounds great. Once you get rid of the resonator in favor of an X or an H pipe, my opinion differs. It's insanely loud and pretty raspy. I have a GT350 catback with active exhaust - I would say that with the valves closed it's pretty close to replicating the street sound. I think with the magnaflow X pipe it sounds pretty damn good, but leaves me wanting more volume.

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Roush is pretty much as good as you can get (IMO) while keeping the stock resonator. Sounds great. Once you get rid of the resonator in favor of an X or an H pipe, my opinion differs. It's insanely loud and pretty raspy. I have a GT350 catback with active exhaust - I would say that with the valves closed it's pretty close to replicating the street sound. I think with the magnaflow X pipe it sounds pretty damn good, but leaves me wanting more volume.
Agree on Roush!

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had both. My wife has Roush axleback and a lethal x pipe resonator delete with the stock cats on her car, very loud, but no drone inside the car at all.

My car has the Magnaflow Street system. (I can only comment on MY setup) It does have moderate drone with 3" MAK cat deletes and 3" double X pipes (Corsa Style, but 3"), but, I also have a A6 with 3.15s.

The Magnaflow is a full cat-back with 3" X Pipe and 3" Pipes that are adapted to your stock cat converters. Very well built system, with awesome looking tips and mufflers.

The magnaflow street is on the quiet side with a good deep tone with stock cats.

If you plan on leaving the stock resonator in place, Roush Axle Back hands down.

Its all about your future plans.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I"m a bit in exhaust hell... I had the MBRP street and hated it due to rasp. Then I got the Solo exhaust and it droned like crazy; and sounded a bit crappy as well.

I have been back with stock for a few months and need a bit of a volume kick.

Anyone suggest the Roush over the Magnaflow street catback? I can get the Magnaflow for $850 new which sits better with me since more a full system than just a axle back, I'm just concerned that the Roush will be too loud. I daily drive my 5.0 so still want the refinement.

Help appreciated!!
If I am understanding correctly you goals are:

1. No drone
2. Louder than stock but not excessive (DD)
3. Sound quality you're looking for

Roush

1. Seems like no drone (cabin volume?)
2. Louder than stock but also known as loudest axelback
3. Subjective

Magnaflow

1. Possible drone?
2. Louder than stock, a more mid volume exhaust
3. Subjective

The only other thing like others have stated is future plans.

Are you open to other options? For the same price or if you can up your budget a little you could have other options...

Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I heard the roush axle back with x pipe on an S197 and it was quite loud compared to the magnaflow Street. The Magnaflow system seems well built and fit on my car with no issues. The tips are also welded to the mufflers, not clamped like some systems.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Last edited:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
[ame]https://vimeo.com/223406109[/ame]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/196374656[/ame]

Might be parting with my Kooks round catback, shoot me a msg if you are interested.

OP
OP
shockme66

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
Krona, Corsa, Arh or Awe. I have Krona and love it. Zero rasp, just smooth and deep.
Krona does sound good; what is the pricing for this system and where is the best place to buy?
Sponsored