NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have some subtle bucking in the rpm range, but no CELs. I suspect mine may be from the intake, but I don't believe it does it at 1500-2000 rpm in 5th or 6th. It's worse when cold. Might be OK for now. We'll see. '16 with about 7500 miles.
It will do it in every gear, you just notice it most in 5th & 6th.

My car is a '16, and the issue popped up right at 7500 miles or so.
Sponsored

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance pack
Cracked Intake

Hey Nova,

Were they able to fix everything for you? I am curious to know what is happening with other people. I am currently in a Lemon Law case with ford because my car went in two weeks ago for my 4th intake manifold in 15k miles. I have a 2016 Mustang GT as well. I'm hoping it all works out, but I was curious to see how it is going with everyone else!

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I feel the low rpm buck when cold but when it warms up it's gone.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I don't know about bucking but I definitely feel a cut in and out while accelerating. No CEL here as well but the car doesn't feel right. Feels like it has no where near 435 hp.

Sponsored

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about bucking but I definitely feel a cut in and out while accelerating. No CEL here as well but the car doesn't feel right. Feels like it has no where near 435 hp.
Hey Kong, this problem is most noticeable during start up and low revs. But on the notes they gave me it says there is a 12% power loss. This could be the problem you are having.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Add me to the list...I'm at the dealership getting it replaced now. 33k miles, although I felt it for quite some time. Just as others, I thought it was in my head...until the check engine light came on. You can really feel it at a 2000 RPM cruise in 5th and 6th gear.

Does anyone know if there has been a manifold part number change?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=17191]mindys[/MENTION]

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I just talked to my service rep and he says the intake part number is indeed new.

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I just talked to my service rep and he says the intake part number is indeed new.
So they finally came out with a whole new intake? That is good to hear. Hopefully this will be your last issue with the intake!

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So they finally came out with a whole new intake? That is good to hear. Hopefully this will be your last issue with the intake!
Seems to be the case....and agreed.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Seems to be the case....and agreed.
The question is if this is covered under powertrain warranty. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not. I see you are still under the bumper-to-bumper, correct?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The question is if this is covered under powertrain warranty. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not. I see you are still under the bumper-to-bumper, correct?
I am, but I was able to get a complementary premium ESP with everything I've had go wrong which will cover things of this nature in the future regardless.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I am, but I was able to get a complementary premium ESP with everything I've had go wrong which will cover things of this nature in the future regardless.
Got you. I called my dealer and asked about if the intake is covered under powertrain (since I am at 45kmi) and they do. But I think I will just do the job myself since I am tired of taking the car to the dealer.:lol:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Got you. I called my dealer and asked about if the intake is covered under powertrain (since I am at 45kmi) and they do. But I think I will just do the job myself since I am tired of taking the car to the dealer.:lol:
:thumbsup:
Sponsored