Sponsored

I Finally Did It!

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Do you have to pay full price when you order a car ?

I never ordered a car. Seems like a cool idea getting exactly what you want but paying full sticker scares me.
Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
^^^
Nope, you get deals just like if it was sitting on the lot. If you are working with a high volume dealer, most, will give you lot pricing or better.

I ordered mid February and picked it up late March, and that was after they put on the Roush SC, OGP, Stripes, Shifter... well, just look at my tag line :D

All I have done to it is add an Anarchy Motive shift knob, drive it, and wash it... so far ;)

Grats on your choice!

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport

I never ordered a car. Seems like a cool idea getting exactly what you want but paying full sticker scares me.
Generally speaking no.

I paid invoice, minus another $2,500 in rebates off my 2017 GT PP that I special ordered back in July 2016. I got one of the first Lightning Blue cars around.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the congrats, as I had been dreaming of owning a Mustang since I was 11-12 (liked SN-95 as a kid though), when this concept was spied in 2002 and came out back in early 2003 and even more, with this generation. Finally it just might happen, as almost got an S550 back in December 2014.

2005_ford_mustang_concept_100006079_l.jpg

2003mustangconcept_02.jpg

2003_Ford_MustangGTCoupeConcept2.jpg

5-ford-mustang-160414.jpg

Was actually dealing a weird situation this past week (still might be ongoing), where a competing dealer in an adjacent state, claimed that there were no more allocations for 2017 GTs the other day and I'd "have to buy directly off the lot". Although I'm not buying from them, it sent me into a fury, interrogating both Ford Marketing and my actual chosen dealer back-to-back over the phone.

The first person I spoke to at Ford, give me some BS claim that 2018MY Mustangs are going into production in early August, being released in early November. She claimed that my car won't be built and it will be an '18 for sure. As far as I'm concerned, it is supposed to be October 2, 2017, for November 2017/early December 2017 launch.

The second person, said they do not have such information regarding production/ordering deadlines on hand and that he wasn't sure what she told me, but that if I have an order number, I shouldn't worry.

My dealer claims, the guy who does special orders wasn't in on Monday, so a sales manager had to submit it to Ford. My salesman said that Ford did claim there was an issue with allocation, but an exception was made for my order specifically. I cannot confirm yet whether or not this is the truth. All I know is that, they better not pull a fast one and make wait for a 2018 instead.

When I put in my order at "Cotus", I get a "matching vehicle not found".

Only problem I can see is the color but fortunately you got the 2nd best color available.
Yea, Im busting your chops and I love magnetic, enjoy.
Thanks! I had trouble deciding between Lightning Blue, Black, and Magnetic. Just still hoping it goes through as promised.

I ordered my GTPP and it was delivered to my house in just under one month.
That's very great timing, was it due to option choices possibly?

Great choice - congratulations! You have great taste, that's exactly what I have on the way, picking mine up Thursday :)

Order process over here in the UK is completely different so can't comment on that...
Thank you, I spent a long time trying narrow down what I wanted. I cannot imagine how long it took to get yours in the UK. As someone with UK connections, I have been very pleased to see how well it is doing in the marketplace.

Anything to worry about? The exhaust. Go Corsa Extreme end of story on that note.
Lol, that isn't too loud all the time is it? I'm already given hell by my neighbors for my Raptor and Focus ST (Roush cat-back exhaust).

Congrats! Back in March this year I factory ordered almost the exact car you did (except no blind spot monitoring option). I finally received it June 15. Took longer than I wanted, and it was pouring down rain when I went to the dealer to pick it up, but it was worth it completely. I love this car. I hope yours gets to you quicker than mine did. I didn't get email updates directly from Ford but my salesguy sent me weekly updates on the status and emailed the window sticker as soon as it was created.

I was anxious to get an order in before the end of the '17 run just because I wasn't sold on the new design and the lack of information for the '18s. I also figured if they haven't worked out the kinks in this car by now they never will so just go for it.

Here's a pic right after I got it home to whet your whistle. Since this pic I've changed out the badges for matte black ones (much better imo) and have a new shift knob from Raceseng to install when I have time. Car has a whole 316 miles on it now...

34549127134_833b0f85a3_b.jpg
Very beautiful car, thank you for providing a real-life representation for me to look at. Gives me an idea of what I could do to mine. At this point, while I can't wait to see it, I'm a bit more concerned that this car may not happen at all to due late timing. I also didn't really like 2018 front end and was taken aback significantly when it was unveiled, but wasn't expecting to be shopping this soon and made my decision last minute.

If my order gets screwed up in any way, I would be very irritated if I didn't have opportunity to at least spec out in a 2018 GT Premium in Guard w/newer options added. I don't have any concrete info yet on my order, so I'm a little nervous due to some hearsay from one employee at Ford Marketing and a competing dealer that I didn't place my order with (they don't know I already ordered elsewhere beforehand).

The only thing to worry about is which exhaust to put on it on Day 1 :lol:
LOL, yeah but I'll have to make do with something that isn't too loud 24/7. I really welcome any ideas on that front, thanks.

I ordered my Mustang also I'm thinking it took a little over a month for it to come in. Nice choice enjoy :thumbsup:
Thanks! Just wonder since mine is literally end of the run, could it be stretched out to just before S550 MCA launch?

Nice choice!

31240458704_bbaa8977b1_h.jpg
Nice car, thanks for providing me a good picture, as it helps me have an idea of what I am getting.

That color was my first choice, but my wife wanted red.

Enjoy! I am 63, and love my GT/CA.
Thanks! I have been torn between colors, but wanted something "sinister", plus a bit less common. First choice was silver w/black roof, but in the end really had a hard time deciding between Magnetic and Tuxedo. I hate Ford for omitting Deep Impact Blue, only to bring it in back in some form as Kona for MY 2018s. I saw one the other day, wishing it was still an option.

875_main_l.jpg

Waiting for a dealer swap for my 17 Magnetic PPGT 401A. Should be here thursday. Great choice man!
Congratulations, it's good that you were able to find one much easier than I did. Thanks, as I am just hoping this is really going through.

Congrats! Can't go wrong with Magnetic.
Thanks! I like the contrast it has against black accents on the car, especially with the PP.

Congrats! Enjoy it!
Thanks!

What options did you pick ?

Looks like from the configurator pics you selected Recaro redline seats (leather = Premium) ?
Toggle switches and large screen = Premium?

If you're getting a Premium (400a or 401a), I'd say don't get the Recaros. You lose out on cooled & heated seats. And if you're getting the 401a, you also lose out on the memory seat positioning. HUGE minuses.

I have Recaros and while I love the way they look, they're a pain in the ass (literally) to get in & out of. And I REALLY wish I had ventilated cooled seats during the summer. If you're in a cold climate you'll miss the heated seats too.
I know, I had a really hard time deciding on that. Especially for the cooled/heated, powered, and memory seat factors. In the end, I really just liked the Recaros and was willing to sacrifice that aspect of comfort. Really dumb they are so insistent on not accommodating such options, after 6-7 years of offering Recaros. I'll see if there is an aftermarket solution someday.

Thank you pointing this out though, as it was very important for me in the decision making process. I actually did order every available option for the GT Premium, save for the spare tire, black roof, black accent, and California packages. I have to wonder if certain choices will affect the ability to build my vehicle.

It's a tough decision. I went with the heated/cooled seats and am very happy with my decision, but the Recaros do look nice. My only issue with the stock leather is the seat bottom area tends to wrinkle after sitting in it a few times.
It is indeed a tough decision, but I went with the Recaros. My Focus Recaros are uncomfortable quite often, even as a skinny guy in my case. Seems a little senseless of me to pass up the opportunity of ventilated/heated/power+memory, but I really how the Recaros standout compared to the Faurecia standard seat design, nearly similar to other Fords (especially Fusion).

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Recaro_seats-1024x718.jpg

2015%20Ford%20Mustang%20GT%20Recaro%20Seats.jpg

It also reminds me of this in Porsche 911s, probably how Ford somewhat justifies their reasoning with the Recaro seats. They weren't too bad, when I test drove one with them at the competing dealer (claim that they have no allocation pre-deadline for 2017 orders).

porsche-911-gt3-rs-050415-8.jpg

2017-Porsche-911-Turbo-S-front-interior-view.jpg

No, I plan to use X-Plan. To be honest, I didn't agree on the price before ordering. Why exactly? I didn't want to close on the car until all of my credit accounts are paid off and my Focus is sold, in order to get the very best APR possible. Don't want any non-collateral debt when I get the car in August.

The ordering deadline forced my hand, so I only went forth to put a deposit and then plan to complete everything closer to delivery. Just hope that the dealer doesn't try to dance out of honoring X-Plan nor try to add a market adjustment fee this late in the cycle.
Screenshot (126).jpg
Screenshot (125).jpg

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, yeah but I'll have to make do with something that isn't too loud 24/7. I really welcome any ideas on that front, thanks.
Corsa Sport catback. Fantastic sound when you are on it, but also easily the most controllable out there. Throttle is a volume knob. You can fly under the radar easily if you choose and zero, truly zero drone. Silent with the windows up at highway cruise too.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Corsa Sport catback. Fantastic sound when you are on it, but also easily the most controllable out there. Throttle is a volume knob. You can fly under the radar easily if you choose and zero, truly zero drone. Silent with the windows up at highway cruise too.
Thanks, seems like a great idea when my car arrives. Just what I'm looking for, as that is the issue I have with my ST.
Sponsored