Sponsored

Just picked up my lightning blue 2017 PP GT. First mods?

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Delete the resonator via X-Pipe or H-Pipe....hand tools + couple hours in the driveway, tops. If that is not enough "sound" for you, then step-up to an axle-back system. Either way, no real drawback from losing the resonator.....
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Here is mine, we have twins! I love this blue, it sorta does a color shift day/night. I did the steeda clutch spring and thought it was heavier at first, but now I don't even notice it. Much more consistent engagement. I bought the 5.0 badges, from I think CJ pony parts color matched and plasti-dipped the rear GT badge black. Front is gone because, I did the custom car grilles mesh grille.

picture.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
Here is mine, we have twins! I love this blue, it sorta does a color shift day/night. I did the steeda clutch spring and thought it was heavier at first, but now I don't even notice it. Much more consistent engagement. I bought the 5.0 badges, from I think CJ pony parts color matched and plasti-dipped the rear GT badge black. Front is gone because, I did the custom car grilles mesh grille.

picture.jpg
I've had my eye on this color since it was announced! Very happy I went this color. How do you like the PC?

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels

Sponsored

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
Delete the resonator via X-Pipe or H-Pipe....hand tools + couple hours in the driveway, tops. If that is not enough "sound" for you, then step-up to an axle-back system. Either way, no real drawback from losing the resonator.....
Is there any drone if I just remove the resonator and kept the stock mufflers and cats

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any drone if I just remove the resonator and kept the stock mufflers and cats
No, it just has a very tinny sound at higher rpm (been there, done that). Otherwise a nice improvement. I would definitely go axleback with resonator first. The resonator isn't restrictive, it's straight through, but just doesn't have nearly the crossflow capability of a X-pipe or H-pipe even.

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
No, it just has a very tinny sound at higher rpm (been there, done that). Otherwise a nice improvement. I would definitely go axleback with resonator first. The resonator isn't restrictive, it's straight through, but just doesn't have nearly the crossflow capability of a X-pipe or H-pipe even.
I think I'm just going to go axle back. Need to find a happy medium. Nothing too loud

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did the x-pipe at the same time I had the Ford/Roush Phase 1 S/C installed. I kept the stock mufflers and the sound is just right for my taste. I don't relate to the "tinny" sound at high RPM because the blower tends to overwhelm the exhaust note. Not in the traditional blower "whine" but more of a high velocity air "whoosh" sound. X-pipe is a +/- $250 investment and also trims about 15# off the car, compared to the resonator. I'm an older guy and not interested in sound that annoys the neighbors, but the stock exhaust was too tame, even for me...;)

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
I did the x-pipe at the same time I had the Ford/Roush Phase 1 S/C installed. I kept the stock mufflers and the sound is just right for my taste. I don't relate to the "tinny" sound at high RPM because the blower tends to overwhelm the exhaust note. Not in the traditional blower "whine" but more of a high velocity air "whoosh" sound. X-pipe is a +/- $250 investment and also trims about 15# off the car, compared to the resonator. I'm an older guy and not interested in sound that annoys the neighbors, but the stock exhaust was too tame, even for me...;)
I'm right there with you! When I bought my 03 cobra at 18 I ran no cats and SLP. At 31, I want to not get kicked out of the neighborhood
Sponsored