panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
On the hide-a-key .... They could have done that better. I took mine out and put it on my key ring because I'm concerned that popping open and reclosing the fob frequently will eventually lead to the fob not staying closed (like half the remote battery covers in my house).

The one for the Infinity I traded had a better mechanism for getting the hide-a-key in and out.
Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Are you sure about this? My 2005 vert disabled those sensors when the top was down. My understanding was this has not changed.
Pretty sure. I made it "chirp" in my garage by accident while reaching in to grab something from the cupholder with top down and locked.

Other than not looking at the manual of your own new car, a lot of these comments seem to be from people who purchased a car from dealer inventory who really didn't research it before hand. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not my style. I special ordered mine, and before placing that order I downloaded the 2015 owner's manual and compared the function of the features to what was listed in the sales brochure.

For example, I wanted a heads-up display and it was listed as part of the auto-cruise control package... but only a red warning light was projected on the windshield and not speed info. So I didn't order it. I did want chilled seats (gets hot in Texas) in a "saddle leather" color so I ordered the premium model.

Honestly this is the most I've ever spent on a car so I wanted to make sure it had everything I wanted, and I'd be happy with it long term. So I ended up being better educated than more new owners, and even changed the wallpaper on the MyFordTouch screen within a couple hours of ownership.

OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I never buy new, so special order isn't part of my process. Not knocking it, just prefer to avoid the initial depreciation.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Pretty sure. I made it "chirp" in my garage by accident while reaching in to grab something from the cupholder with top down and locked.

Other than not looking at the manual of your own new car, a lot of these comments seem to be from people who purchased a car from dealer inventory who really didn't research it before hand. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not my style. I special ordered mine, and before placing that order I downloaded the 2015 owner's manual and compared the function of the features to what was listed in the sales brochure.

For example, I wanted a heads-up display and it was listed as part of the auto-cruise control package... but only a red warning light was projected on the windshield and not speed info.
The Heads up Display is a Anti-Collision warning system, which as you say works off the Radar built into the Adaptive Cruise, You get a bank of red lights and a warning sound and it primes the brakes, does work well.
Yep Special Ordered mine, and downloaded the manual
In-fact I had the Euro manual and the US manual, to see the differences before I went back to a Lefty

Mixedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, I figured the hood props are probably out there if I shopped a bit.

The color thing is more of a whim, just kind of popped up in my mind the other night. It's not something I would spend a bunch on. Don't want it bad enough to go crazy trying to get it. lol

Console lock seems simple enough, but I would want it to use the same hidey key the glove box uses and wouldn't want it to look hacked. I'll lean over to use the glove box forever instead.
It's already there: car locked and your console is also locked ... try it

Last edited:

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've just installed the Redline hood struts from AM... AWESOME!!!!
Sponsored