Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
No and it's driving me crazy as an engineer.
Has it ever baffled you how many man hours went into writing and then perfecting the manuals for cars which no one reads? As someone who writes tests and "manuals" (much much shorter than car ones) as part of my job it blows. my. mind.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Back on the topic of the locking center console... my vert also has motion sensors so if it's parked & locked with top down, if someone is just reaching inside it will set off the alarm. You might check your settings to see if it is enabled on your car.

Now what will really blow your mind, is there's also a hidden cylinder where you can insert your physical key (the one hidden inside your fob, you know about that too right?) and open the trunk even with a dead battery.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Has it ever baffled you how many man hours went into writing and then perfecting the manuals for cars which no one reads? As someone who writes tests and "manuals" (much much shorter than car ones) as part of my job it blows. my. mind.
It's ridiculous. I write some 100 page manual and the customers don't even ready it. They prefer just call the tech line and spend 15 minutes explaining to them how to do it instead of reading the manual for 5 minutes.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
It's ridiculous. I write some 100 page manual and the customers don't even ready it. They prefer just call the tech line and spend 15 minutes explaining to them how to do it instead of reading the manual for 5 minutes.
Too bad a lot of people don't realize that manuals usually available as a searchable PDF file, which makes it so easy and fast to find what they need.

Back on topic,

A silly (OCD compatible) option I need is a memory seat sync button (by the driver side door) to match the position of the two seats so I can hit it once nobody is riding with.

Sponsored
OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
No one reads my manuals, why should I read theirs? ;)
Really -- I'm just fighting off the embarrassment... lol

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Wait.

What kind of engineer is doing a Technical Writer I or II's job? Problem number one...

OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Back on topic,

A silly (OCD compatible) option I need is a memory seat sync button (by the driver side door) to match the position of the two seats so I can hit it once nobody is riding with.
I do miss that from my last car. No one else drives the 'Stang though, so I'm not hurting *that* bad without it.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So people just like learning from word of mouth better than trying to dig up the information in an overwhelming document. I won't pretend I haven't done this before. :/

Also looking up things in PDFs is great but it can be tricky to find the right search terms at times.

Misisng memory seats and subwoofer are my only regrets with buying my car. I wish I had them and they are real, silly, options. Wish it wasn't risky, expensive, and hard to add the 401A aftermarket. Should just be a software upgrade like some tesla options :p

That said the silliest option I wish I had is an active exhaust system. I would love to be able to turn up the roar when desired. Yes I know its possible but so is a Targa top as I have found out.......

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=24815]PatrickGT[/MENTION] Not all companies that do engineering are large enough to warrant a technical writer (edit: Let alone II). Some engineers, unfortunate as it may be, have to do their own writing (like me).
.....And I went into engineering because I hated writing HA
Sponsored