Ever lose your keyfob in the car?

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I did somehow and I'll be damned if I can't find it.

I was out of town gambling in a little city not too far from Vegas. Went to lock the door and it wouldn't lock.

WTF? Check my pocket no fob. I've thoroughly checked 3 times, the recaros have to have eaten it somehow .

Just glad nobody tried to get in it because it's home now but anyone could just get in it and drive away.

A sweet Shelby decided to guard my 550 company on this trip thankfully.
s550shelbymesquite.jpg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Kinda "lost" mine once. Fell out of my left pocket in to a tiny key fob sized gap in the corner of the seat (we don't have recaros in UK), took me ages with a kebab skewer to poke that damn thing out! It nestled in a place where it wouldn't fall though to underneath the seat, luckily I felt it come out of my pocket, otherwise I would have been sure I had lost it!

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
My fob has fallen out of my pocket and found it's way into the gap between the seat and the console a couple times. One the upside, I also found two lost cigarette lighters and about $3.00 in change.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I lost my work badge under the seat for 2 months. I had looked all over in my car including under the seats multiple times until I gave up figuring I had lost it somewhere else and got a new one. Ended up finding it dead center under the seat randomly 2 months after losing when cleaning out the interior one day. I also drop my phone down the side all the time and its a B***H to get out when it gets into that little gully I can't fit my hand in. I don't have recaros though.

I wish they would have made the under seat space more accessible.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
My cell phone has fallen out of my left pocket a number of times. It's a pain in the rear to get it out from under the seat. There is a gap between the rail and the floor that it slides under.

It's in there. Keep feeling around every nook and cranny under your seat. If you don't find it. Take the seat out and shake it upside down. :D

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Zippo lighters love to get stuck right under the seat rail of every car I've driven in. Fits perfectly and it's a total PITA to get it out. :frusty:

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
So I found the keyfob I thought I lost in the cabin in a pair of shorts. That means the keyfob I lost earlier this year is somewhere in the car and I still can't find it.

My guess, somewhere in the engine bay, at least I can lock the door now with the fob I found.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
You guys need better pockets. And Stop wearing those skinny jeans :lol:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You guys need to buy a pair of these, or at least use 1 on the driver seat of 2 cars.

I've got a pair and they're great for keeping crap from falling into the gap between seat and centre console.

https://www.buydropstop.com/

Sponsored

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
You guys know the key flob fits nicely standing up in the cup holder in between the slots. That is where I leave mine

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
A sweet Shelby decided to guard my 550 company on this trip thankfully.
Ya shelby's tend to do that. They're like the parents of the mustang world
20170527_213000[1].jpg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I lost my "Main" Mustang key ring recently. It also has my glove-box key on it so I can no longer get into the glove box. Isn't there a key "inside" the remote and if so does it open the glove-box?

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I lost my "Main" Mustang key ring recently. It also has my glove-box key on it so I can no longer get into the glove box. Isn't there a key "inside" the remote and if so does it open the glove-box?
I never got a glove box key, only two electronic keys.

And yes you can pop them open by pressing in the little button/tab thing and inside there is a physical key.

In other news ... I've never lost my keys in the car but I do LOVE the feature where the trunk pops back open if you close it with the car keys inside.

The day I drove my last brand new car home from the dealer, a 2012 GTI, I was showing someone the trunk area and after closing the rear liftgate I heard a little meep/honk and realized that I had set my keys down on the floor of the trunk -- and it was now locked. Seeing that I had just bought the car, the spare key was in the center console.

Watching the tow driver shove a balloon in my door jamb and try to coat-hanger out the keys -- from my brand new car that was like 30 minutes old (I unwrapped it at the dealer with 6 miles on the odometer) was one of the most cringeworthy experiences of my life. There were permanent deep scratches on the a-pillar after that.

So... long story short -- I love that you cannot lock your keys in the car. I mean, the fact that it is hands-free makes the trunk feature irrelevant... but the car popping the trunk open automatically like it's burping the keys back out at you is pretty rad.
Sponsored