What cell phone holder for your S550?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I use the passenger seat because IDGAF about my phone while I'm driving.
Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
That's one I can say I'd definitely never use on this car. 2 reasons. 1) I don't want anything obstructing my view and 2) I don't want to have the circular donut mark on my windshield when not in use.

The nice thing about the USB/power option is that the conduit lets you position it however.

-Emt1581
Also, I'm in South Carolina where the inside of the car can get over 100 degrees if parked outside in the summer for very long. I don't want the tape letting go...

Using the USB charger on that mount also means that the Sync system doesn't assume you want to start streaming your music off the phone. I like separating the two like that as well.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
This morning I tried a little experiment. I wanted to see if I even needed a phone holder. I angled the phone on it's side and leaned up against the hazzard/steering/traction controls and rested it on top of the little tray by the dc outlet. My USB/drive touched it on the left side, kinda serving to hold it in place.

When I got to work, it was still in place. Since I don't dick around with those buttons when I'm driving, I'm going to try and use that spot instead of my cup holder. We'll see how it works. Only concern is the glare. The angling of it definitely picks up glare from the sun.

-Emt1581

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I use the Scosche magnetic mount, it's mounted below the number pad. My phone tends to block #3,5,6, 8, 9 but I don't really use those preset buttons.

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I plug mine into the USB in the console and leave it in there. Everything I actually need on the phone while driving is available on Carplay

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I use a magnetic Scosche vent mount. It's really awesome and very minimalist.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I've been kicking around a mount for a while, I have a suction ram mount, but it takes up to much window space.

I really like the scosche adhesive mount, I like where you guys are putting them. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes I go to car shows and I think that it would take away from the car.

I really want to use CarPlay, but I hate the fact that I can't use Waze. That's the only reason I don't use it. /sigh

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Spend money on a phone holder?? f-no, use that money for better functional mods....

Put the phone horizontally along side of the e-brake (between e-brake and cup holders). I mean after all, has anyone EVER used an emergency brake before crashing? LOL... My iPhone is either there or in one of the cup holders...
Sponsored