Sponsored

Got rear ended today

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
always always call the police if a patrol isn't free and cars are drivable drive to the closet station and document it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
She contacted me Wednesday and said she'd have my money next Wednesday 6/28. I'm still a nice guy and will wait til then but thats my limit. We'll see what happens. She does sound sincere. It sounds like she is getting a loan and not using her insurance.

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Final update. She contacted me this morning with the money. I met her and she handed me cash for the full amount of the estimate. She and I both signed a receipt and hold harmless that I wrote up and we each got a copy. Yes, I counted the money in front of her though it was a quick look to make sure it was 100's and not shopping coupons.
We shook hands and went our separate ways. She was polite but short, I know she wasn't happy about it. Oh well, live and learn. We all make mistakes that cost us.
I can now go get the car fixed. I know I said all I wanted to do was put it back to it's original condition but this morning I caught myself looking at a GT350 valance and quad-tip exhaust over at AM. I am a bad man.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Don't hate the player, just show up for practice! I'm waiting on someone to back into my hood so I can get an aftermarket.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This "little" bit of damage from a woman running into the back of me and putting her plate bolts into my bumper on my WRX cost her insurance $1,000. She wanted to pay me out of pocket at the scene but I told her I doubt she understands exactly how much something like this actually cost to fix so I got her insurance and filled a claim. I wasn't taking any chances. I would file now and not wait.
20151030_171649.jpg
20151030_171654.jpg

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Final update. She contacted me this morning with the money. I met her and she handed me cash for the full amount of the estimate. She and I both signed a receipt and hold harmless that I wrote up and we each got a copy. Yes, I counted the money in front of her though it was a quick look to make sure it was 100's and not shopping coupons.
We shook hands and went our separate ways. She was polite but short, I know she wasn't happy about it. Oh well, live and learn. We all make mistakes that cost us.
I can now go get the car fixed. I know I said all I wanted to do was put it back to it's original condition but this morning I caught myself looking at a GT350 valance and quad-tip exhaust over at AM. I am a bad man.
you are so lucky she never screwed you over
She could have gone to the Police and said you have threatened her for the money, you refused to get the Police involved.
Total madness in my opinion you should have called the Police, yes they might have the hump, but then you have proof
You might be a nice genuine person, and lucky for you so was she. but boy you was lucky

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
you are so lucky she never screwed you over
She could have gone to the Police and said you have threatened her for the money, you refused to get the Police involved.
Total madness in my opinion you should have called the Police, yes they might have the hump, but then you have proof
You might be a nice genuine person, and lucky for you so was she. but boy you was lucky
This^^^^

And glad it turned out OK. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
WTF!!!!! Sitting in traffic this morning not moving and got rear ended again!!! More scrapes and scratches but after 2 impacts I'm starting to worry about the backup sensors and stuff under the bumper cover.
This time I called the cops and requested a report. Sorry, no more mister nice guy.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Back to back rear-endings? How long have you had that tail light tint on there? May want to consider removing it at this point. Honestly surprised the police haven't ruled you at fault due to illegally obstructing your brake lights (yes I know the S550 brake lights are super bright but the law is the law).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
No the tint has nothing to do with it. As explained before the law only states that brakes lights must be visible from 500 feet. My lights clearly pass that law. This is another case of someone drinking their coffee and not paying attention.
522-Feet.jpg
Lights-Off.jpg
Lights-On.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
That's just bad luck man. Sorry to hear that. Another couple grand repair right? Seems like any time this car gets hit, someone is getting bent over. Nothing is cheap to fix.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
No the tint has nothing to do with it. As explained before the law only states that brakes lights must be visible from 500 feet. My lights clearly pass that law. This is another case of someone drinking their coffee and not paying attention.
Fair enough, but to be honest, if you didn't have the image that compares the before vs the after it wouldn't look like your brake lights were on at all. That is pretty dim - and in overcast lighting.

Also, did you buy that measuring wheel specifically for defending your tail light tint? ;)

Last edited:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Leave it to a CMC member to go to those lengths to prove his point. :thumbsup:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Fair enough, but to be honest, if you didn't have the image that compares the before vs the after it wouldn't look like your brake lights were on at all. That is pretty dim - and in overcast lighting.

Also, did you buy that measuring wheel specifically for defending your tail light tint? ;)
Are you really being honest when you say that? Look at the other cars near his. I think it's obvious that his lights are on in the photo with the lights on. They are super easy to see.
Sponsored