Sponsored

Corsa double X-pipe install

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I've been debating for a long time to do or not to do the resonator delete on my GT350. Main concerns was noise level at local track. I want to be able to put the stock resonators if needed. The variable diameter of the factory exhaust system makes it hard to cut away resonator and fit straight pipes with clamps. I was aware of the Corsa resonator delete double X-pipe but there was not a lot of reviews available... plus it was about double the amount for a good resonator delete job.

Last week I had a brain fart and ordered the Corsa X-pipe from American Muscle. Shipping was prompt and I got the system on friday. This morning I decided to start the install process and go as far as I could before family duties... Well in an hour the factory resonator/X-pipe was removed and Corsa system was installed! Everything is clamped on, easily removable plus it makes accessing the $?&* parking brake adjuster easier for those of us that need to remove rear calipers often (track junkies!). Plus I can put the OEM resonators back in about 1/2 hour with 2 x 2,75 inch butt clamps

https://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/vpe-1176

I did a cold startup and cycle from Normal/Sport mode in garage. Keeps tone of GT350 but louder. Will not have time to do test drive today (babysitting the kids while wife works!!). I will report back once I drive the thing!
Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
This is a great mod. Sport mode under acceleration and load is noticeably louder and aggressive....much more pops and farts on decel.

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
How does it sound compared to a simple resonator delete? I do not paying a bit more if it is a better sound. I know it is subjective, but I would appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Great mod for sure. Was in a tunnel this afternoon and gave it a few revs to 7k :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be hard to compare with res delete since I never did it before getting this X-pipe. But I have a friend who has an R so I know how a GT350 without resonator sounds.

I wont post a sound clip simply because I never thought sound clips are accurate... so much variable at play.

Sound is subjective. From the little I heard this morning the tone of the GT350 is kept but with more volume and "raspiness".

I'll go for a ride once kids are asleep tonight:headbang::headbang:

The resonator delete option depends a lot on the shop you go to from what I've read. You must get SS pipes (some shop just use regular steel 2,75" pipes). Also there is the variable diameter of factory system which makes it hard(er) to fit properly.

Anyways we are all a bit crazy in the head to modify one of the best sounding car on the market today!!

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Will not have time to do test drive today (babysitting the kids while wife works!!). I will report back once I drive the thing!
Pack the kids up and take them for a ride....:D

Curious to hear more thoughts about it :popcorn:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

Sponsored
OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pack the kids up and take them for a ride....:D

Curious to hear more thoughts about it :popcorn:
Ah! last fall I could have done this... but I did a rear seat delete this winter when I installed WR roll bar.

First drive today. Got a chance to open the car up a bit going to work this morning.

Startup is noticeably louder and the open valve cycle is impressive. When everything warms up in normal mode I cant say there is a noticeable difference.

Sport mode below 4000 rpm is similar to stock, but maybe 15% louder. In R range I'd say.

Above 4000 at WOT then it gets interesting, as the exhaust keeps the same GT350 tone but adds a lot of "metallic" screaming!

Lots of crackle and pop on coasting.

Downshifts with throttle blip adds a crisp "bark" to the process.

Happy with results!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I actually think the Double X pipe sounds a touch smoother than the R/resonator delete cars. Very nice piece. HOWEVER, I would say that because of said logo but I wouldn't represent a company I didn't believe in.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Can one buy direct from the Corsa website and ship to Puerto Rico? Is there a discount code for forum members?

Sound appreciation is subjective, all right. But I hated my GTS550 when I cut the stock resonators and installed a FP x pipe. It was too loud and raspy. Droned like hell. True, that car didnt have active exhaust and the 5.2 sounds differently from the 5.0.

I'm considering the Corsa double x pipe for the GT350 if anything to get one step closer to the R. Knowing what I've said that I was unhappy when I deleted the resonator suitcase in the GT, is this mod something I should even consider for the GT350? All opinions appreciated.

OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can one buy direct from the Corsa website and ship to Puerto Rico? Is there a discount code for forum members?

Sound appreciation is subjective, all right. But I hated my GTS550 when I cut the stock resonators and installed a FP x pipe. It was too loud and raspy. Droned like hell. True, that car didnt have active exhaust and the 5.2 sounds differently from the 5.0.

I'm considering the Corsa double x pipe for the GT350 if anything to get one step closer to the R. Knowing what I've said that I was unhappy when I deleted the resonator suitcase in the GT, is this mod something I should even consider for the GT350? All opinions appreciated.
The good thing about this mod is that you can reinstall the stock resonators with 2 clamps and resell the X-pipe with a small loss!