Sponsored

Bigfoot53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
C7 Stingray Z51/past rides: Jaguar XKR/AMG C-63 Edition 507
a good example of why a valet mode is handy...

culater

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I communicate with the dealership before I bring my car in about test driving it. The car goes in and comes back with the same mileage. I don't let them drive my car unless it is in and out of the garage. I'm always within distance to see where my car is at all times.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I'd go the service manager and ask to see the tech that was driving saying how "he did such a great job I want to thank him" then pull up this video on your phone and watch their faces go that "oh shit" look

It's obviously reckless, disrespectful and probably not the first time they've done it nor the last.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Wow...I can't see myself in that situation and not running up in someone's mouth like an orthodontist.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I communicate with the dealership before I bring my car in about test driving it. The car goes in and comes back with the same mileage. I don't let them drive my car unless it is in and out of the garage. I'm always within distance to see where my car is at all times.

What exactly do you tell them I'm just curious. Like "don't test drive without my kbowledge" type of deal?

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If there is even a slight possibility of damage to the car (hard to tell about any engine damage from the video), I'd pass on trying to resolve this with the dealership myself and lawyer up right away. I'd also take down the video.

Something similar happened during a PDI of a 1M several years ago. I think the dealership ended up buying the car back after the customer brought in the suits.

Dealer PDI (Pacific BMW, CA) - 1M Joy Ride FAIL!

Pacific BMW PDI Joy Ridden 1M Coupe Was Mine!

What exactly do you tell them I'm just curious. Like "don't test drive without my kbowledge" type of deal?
You can tell them that you've documented the mileage of the car and if there is a need for a test drive, it needs to be run by you first.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I would just ask to see the GM and ask him to watch a video with me without going into any detail at all, and just let him watch and listen in silence and see what his reaction. The video isn't going away so there's no sense in dropping 1-2k retaining a lawyer when the dealership hasn't even had an opportunity to respond.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wow! Very immature and unprofessional to say the least!

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I heard it is best to put a note on the steering wheel that states a dash cam is in use.
Protects both sides......and may just convince bonehaeaded techs not to drive your car.

Note mileage also.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I would just ask to see the GM and ask him to watch a video with me without going into any detail at all, and just let him watch and listen in silence and see what his reaction. The video isn't going away so there's no sense in dropping 1-2k retaining a lawyer when the dealership hasn't even had an opportunity to respond.
This.

The GM's response will dictate which direction this will go from here.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would be in jail and neither of those asshats would have any teeth left. Unreal, just the blatant disrespect! I'm seeing red for you! Not even my shit and I am sitting here pissed off! WTF!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Lawyer Up ASAP !!!

You should get a nice check out of this. Enough for your next mods. :thumbsup:
Yeah those guys should get fired and never work at another dealer ever. :mad:

They both sound like these guys. So they should also take a class.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]6fV_-8-X7o8[/MEDIA]"]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Their next job will be:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]OQUaguZawJQ[/MEDIA]"]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

culater

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What exactly do you tell them I'm just curious. Like "don't test drive without my knowledge" type of deal?
I always have an appointment and not only do I talk to the service advisor, I speak to the shop foreman. They know I mean business and don't mess around. I tell them i'm anal about my cars and don't drive them. That's it. If they need to witness the issue, I drive. The dealership shop foreman moves my car to a location where it can't be touched and it's always in my view. The last time I was at the dealership, they asked me to move the car. The carport person didn't see me so when I came out and got close to the car, the guy jumped all over me telling me to get away from the car.
Sponsored