Ford techs joy riding my car...

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Before you post that video I would make sure you know the laws in your state regarding recording other individuals. Could get YOURSELF into trouble.

I agree with some here, talk to the GM first and if he blows you off THEN lawyer up. Give them a chance to make it right first.
Sponsored

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Honestly what is with this country in being so sue happy? While I don't agree with the treatment of OPs car I don't think it has to escalate to lawyers right away. If it were me I'd work with the dealer first and if that went nowhere I'd look to legal counsel. This video along with a scathing review of the dealer should be enough to encourage them to work this out with OP.

I'd get a lawyer for sure. The OP states his engine may have been damaged.

You are going to now play nice with these people and talk to them? Not if it were me.

The dealership had their chance to do the right thing when they received the car. They have already shown what they are capable of, a lack of respect and professionalism. We are are also talking about something that cost well over $40,000.

A lawyer will put them in their place and maybe even set this dealer straight so something like this won't happen to the next guy.

This isn't sue happy, and retaining legal console tells the dealership you are serious, and your demands will be taken as such. I highly doubt this would result in a lawsuit. The dealership has no legs to stand on with the video evidence and an attorney will help you make this right.

Good Luck.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
And people look at me crazy when i say i want a dash cam to see when people uit my car and run. Like happened when i was in the store less than 10 minutes yesterday and it scratched down to the bumper plastic all along the back.

How you have the restraint to not go there and strangle them is beyond me. If any of them touched my car with armor all and its shit silicone i would be feeding them armor all wipes.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
yeah what a lawyer will do here is; drag it out and delay any resolution then take 1/3rd. im pretty sure the dealership has attorneys as well. plus once you lawyer up they are done with you. you are represented and they wont deal direct with you. fact.

you have all you need to handle this and should start with the GM. posting the video to their Facebook page and poor reviews are a great start if they blow you off. contact Ford direct as well. good luck.
I agree. Getting a lawyer involved this early could lead to additional costs and a prolonged outcome. Approach the GM first with the video (assuming your state allows recording without consent). If they don't provide a satisfactory response hit the main social media pages (Facebook, Google, Yelp, DealerRater) with a negative review. If that doesn't get the response you're looking for from the dealer then look into a lawyer.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Unfortuneatly. Nothing will come of this. I paid a local Pep boys to rotate my tires about 15 years ago. They were running a special. The day before I took the car in. a coworker told me about how shady this store was. So I marked my tires on the inside with a 1,2,3,4 on each tire's location. And video]d this process. I got the car back. Yep the tire markings were in the exact same place. I talked to the store manager. He made a big show. And pretended to fire the tech right in front of me. I drove by the next day and there was the exact same tech happily at work. There is just not a lot of recourse in these cases. But from watching the video. I cant see how they damaged your engine. You might be able to get them to buff out a scratch. But I doubt they will replace a supercharged engine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

squish71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange V6
I would still start without using the Lawyer word, they may just shut off communications with you and see you in court. Ask them to fix the situation. I would also check audio and video recording laws in your state if you press the issue.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Getting a lawyer is un-necessary. Send the GM a copy of the video, and the threat of social media negativity is enough. You don't need to threaten, you don't need to do anything other than send a copy of the video, and simply asking what the GM intends to do about this. The less threatening and more reasonable you act, the more likely things can be made right for you.

It is a new day and age, businesses fear negative social media, especially video like this, more than anything else. Just make sure that you are not breaking any laws with videoing the techs first place, then move forward.

Then if that fails, get a lawyer involved.

Also; document everything. Only communicate via e-mail, nothing else. If they call, tell them to e-mail you and hang up.

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
What is it with people assuming because you have a lawyer that you are going to sue to get rich? If the OP is entitled to receiving damages, then he has a right to that. If you think a business is just happy and ready to hand over money you need to wake up and smell the covfefe. Having a lawyer is just seeking council to assure you make the correct communications because businesses are very sneaky in regards to screwing people over... It only takes saying, accepting, or making one comment that can jeopardize outcomes. If they damaged OPs engine, that's a big fix, a lot of money and the dealer will be fronting it, not Ford, so they aren't going to be looking to just roll over and admit it. If they infact did, there is going to have to be proof, etc.
This post made my day

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I'd be not very happy either and would be speaking to the DEALER OWNER.

---

But I don't see anything in the video that would have caused absolutely any engine damage.

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Unfortuneatly. Nothing will come of this. I paid a local Pep boys to rotate my tires about 15 years ago. They were running a special. The day before I took the car in. a coworker told me about how shady this store was. So I marked my tires on the inside with a 1,2,3,4 on each tire's location. I got the car back. Yep the tire markings were in the exact same place. I talked to the store manager. He made a big show. And pretended to fire the tech right in front of me. I drove by the next day and there was the exact same tech happily at work. There is just not a lot of recourse in these cases. But from watching the video. I cant see how they damaged your engine. You might be able to get them to buff out a scratch. But I doubt they will replace a supercharged engine.
Agreed. There was nothing in the video to suggest damaged was or could have been done to the engine. Tough to show evidence it didn't exist prior to the incident or that the modifications to the engine didn't somehow cause this engine noise. The video may or may not be admissible as evidence in a case against the dealership. If not, it is like it never happened despite the recording showing otherwise.

Best case scenario IMO would result in the two techs being fired and or disciplined with a full refund of the services.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Being that Ohio is a "one-party consent" state when it comes to recording/wiretapping law, and that your car is considered your "home" in these kinds of cases, I don't see how the OP not explicitly having the representatives of the dealership's consent to record them with the dashcam could be used against the OP. It would be no different than having security cameras on your house.

I'm not a lawyer, but after looking up Ohio's laws pertaining to these kinds of things, that is my opinion on how the law could be interpreted.

That being said, this wouldn't hold in court. The dealership's lawyers are going to be much better than anything OP could get, and the video doesn't necessarily prove that damage was caused directly by the techs, especially with a modified car. Best case scenario is the techs get fired and OP gets a refund.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What is it with people assuming because you have a lawyer that you are going to sue to get rich? If the OP is entitled to receiving damages, then he has a right to that. If you think a business is just happy and ready to hand over money you need to wake up and smell the covfefe. Having a lawyer is just seeking council to assure you make the correct communications because businesses are very sneaky in regards to screwing people over... It only takes saying, accepting, or making one comment that can jeopardize outcomes. If they damaged OPs engine, that's a big fix, a lot of money and the dealer will be fronting it, not Ford, so they aren't going to be looking to just roll over and admit it. If they infact did, there is going to have to be proof, etc.
You, sir, have won the Internet today. :D

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
[MENTION=15188]emh87[/MENTION], I know where that is man sorry to hear that!:mad: I would be in jail already if they did that to my car. [MENTION=25700]VOODOO 6G[/MENTION], check this shit out!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Another reason why I had a dash cam in mine within the first day of ownership.
Sponsored