Gas pedal mod or jms pedalmax

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Pedal Commander and the Sprint Booster both act as the remote, although the Sprint Booster is a lot more compact. I went with PedalMax because I figured one of two things was going to happen...I would either return it or I would love it and only care about it in 100% wide open mode.

So I bought it, tested it and knew before I even made it out of my neighborhood that it was doing exactly what it says it will do. Notice those who shit on PedalMax don't seem to have owned one 99% of the time and they repeat what they have seen others say about it.

We installed a toggle switch, custom wired to be off or 100% on (the value of the pot when wide open is 10k). I've been riding with a test switch for days that I could repeat different acceleration scenarios with it off, then on and compare response. It is indeed a more responsive and faster throttle when engaged, anybody saying any different hasn't likely used one.

I do consider it a luxury being tuned, but PedalMax with a tune in Sport mode is a friggin' BLAST compared to not having it.

Here is a pic of our final toggle switch install today, nice and neat and I don't have to dial in anything...I'm either in or out. The actual turn off of Pedal Commander to me, as well as the Sprint Booster was all these modes to choose from. I just wanted BALLS OUT instant 100%.
2015-toggle-final.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
The fact that the pedal max doesn't need the remote is what originally got me to considering it. Disconnect the battery, connect it to the gas pedal, connect other end to existing harness and tie it up outta the way. Sounds good to me and I'd be happy with the 100% response setting.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Here is my .002

I also thought that the Pedal Commander was a gimmick. My friend installed one on his stock GT/PP and was praising it over and over again. He let me drive his car 2 days afterwards and I was SOLD...Ordered my Pedal Commander the next day. I haven't looked back since....one of the best mods I have added...
Thats originally what i though at first, but then a gt owner started praising it here in the forums last october and i thought it might be a good alternative so i checked it out since i dnt want to tune yet. Made my car so much more responsive, violently responsive on the highest setting so i keep it at the next highest. The car no longer feels sluggish and it actually feels like it has the advertised 300 bald eagles.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have a pedalmax on the way to me and can't wait to fit it. I won't be tuning my car as it will be sold after 12 months and don't want to void a warranty for a future buyer so the pedalmax makes sense for me.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I love my pedal commander! I also just recently went with a Lund tune. I like both together. The Commander has more adjustments and it has a 2 week try it for free policy.:headbang:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So I bought it, tested it and knew before I even made it out of my neighborhood that it was doing exactly what it says it will do. Notice those who shit on PedalMax don't seem to have owned one 99% of the time and they repeat what they have seen others say about it.
Knowing what they do is enough information to decide if they're for you or not. That means you have to be honest with yourself about what you really want - or, more properly, what you need - for your driving. They aren't for all driving, or all drivers.

Actually, I do have some experience with throttle plates that effectively open too quickly - that is what these devices accomplish (albeit electronically). I didn't like that for driving in general, bad weather in particular, and absolutely hated it for autocross, so it didn't take long for me to mechanically slow the early throttle plate motion down.

I just wanted BALLS OUT instant 100%.
Sounds like a Cars & Coffee/Mustang meme in the making . . .

Norm

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Knowing what they do is enough information to decide if they're for you or not. That means you have to be honest with yourself about what you really want - or, more properly, what you need - for your driving. They aren't for all driving, or all drivers.
For me it works, I have stated on these threads that I also think it is a luxury for many who are already tuned but that I dig both! :)

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
wait a sec so you guys are saying this improves throttle response over an aftermarket tune?

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Im surprised no one has said "just press the gas pedal down further" lol

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
wait a sec so you guys are saying this improves throttle response over an aftermarket tune?
Yes, and it is advertised as being able to work with a tune.

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
A tune wont take care of the gas pedal dead space. .. I'm sure of it from all the threads I've read.
They dramatically increase engine throttle response to pedal movement. What most people think is a serious increase in power is really just more throttle for a given pedal movement, and a little bit more power.

They do exactly what you want.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Im surprised no one has said "just press the gas pedal down further" lol
That is because it is in the general forum. Post it in engine mods, and it wouldn't have made it past the 2nd response. :lol:
Everyone who has never had one will tell you how it is a waste of money and....:rant:

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
They dramatically increase engine throttle response to pedal movement. What most people think is a serious increase in power is really just more throttle for a given pedal movement, and a little bit more power.

They do exactly what you want.
I bought it fully knowing it does not improve 0-60 times, it does not add power and even though JMS seems to hint it improves turbo lag I didn't buy it for that reason either (and I see no real effect on turbo lag).

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
That is because it is in the general forum. Post it in engine mods, and it wouldn't have made it past the 2nd response. :lol:
Everyone who has never had one will tell you how it is a waste of money and....:rant:
Yeah i found the other thread, it doesn't make the pedal more responsive just remapps TB position with pedal position to be more open quicker.
Sponsored