HELP! Loud metallic clicking noise, video attached

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
If it's normal then every other mustang on their lot should make the same sound. I bet they don't! I'd be really pissed if they told me that was normal on my car.
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Well Just got a call they said its valvetrain noises. "its normal" to be so loud that the car sounds like rattling itself apart from 100 feet away apparently.

The service did a top notch job to there credit. Oil analysis removed belts checked water pump and all accessories. I'm just surprised this is a normal thing. exact quote from service receipt "Found noise from valve train deflection. Normal characteristic of the vehicle."
Any update on the ticking?

OP
OP
Trent W

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Any update on the ticking?
Nope still ticks just going to drive it. Dealer wont do anything I PM'ed Ford
customer service on this forum and linked them this page and they haven't replied to me in over 2 weeks so I guess i'm on my own.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Normal characteristics of the vehicle..... man they must teach that at the school of dealership bs. Exact words I've been told.

OP
OP
Trent W

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Normal characteristics of the vehicle..... man they must teach that at the school of dealership bs. Exact words I've been told.
Haha I should have slid them a hundred dollar bill and ask them "if its normal I'll give you this 100 if you can go get any of the 20 of the mustangs sitting on that lot to make that god aweful sound"

I just wanted my car back at that point even though it sounds like its going to explode its still fun to drive. I'm not expecting anything to happen. I think thats the dealers subtle way of saying FU

Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Haha I should have slid them a hundred dollar bill and ask them "if its normal I'll give you this 100 if you can go get any of the 20 of the mustangs sitting on that lot to make that god aweful sound"

I just wanted my car back at that point even though it sounds like its going to explode its still fun to drive. I'm not expecting anything to happen. I think thats the dealers subtle way of saying FU
Mine isn't very loud, doesn't happen at idle or above 2k rpm and I showed them the sound. Showed them the video too of the sound. He said that honestly it sounds like heat shield deflection and that there are shields around the cats or something around that that are pretty shit quality.

He said he wouldn't worry whatsoever because it isn't a rhythmic sound that increases with rpm. I told him okay I'm just gonna turn my radio up and if it gets any worse or louder I'll call him. Unless it gets very noticeable/worse or throws a code I guess I'm ignoring it.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Sounds exactly like mine. I had probably the first BBQ tick in the S550.

Its not normal. Its not OK, and it needs to be fixed by ford. If you're at 30k, get it filed as soon as you can and fight for a new motor. Its the only way itll fix it.

PM me if you need help. It took me a while to get it, but in the end cost me nothing but time and a gray hair or two.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Sounds exactly like mine. I had probably the first BBQ tick in the S550.

Its not normal. Its not OK, and it needs to be fixed by ford. If you're at 30k, get it filed as soon as you can and fight for a new motor. Its the only way itll fix it.

PM me if you need help. It took me a while to get it, but in the end cost me nothing but time and a gray hair or two.
What was the fix?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Wait. I've noticed mine making this same exact noise. I actually took it to the dealer today so they could replace my vent blinker under warranty and asked them to take a look because I heard clicking sounds on the passenger side under the engine. I also noticed the other morning that the car made some noise which sounded like the TOB because when I push the clutch in, it would go away.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Wait. I've noticed mine making this same exact noise. I actually took it to the dealer today so they could replace my vent blinker under warranty and asked them to take a look because I heard clicking sounds on the passenger side under the engine. I also noticed the other morning that the car made some noise which sounded like the TOB because when I push the clutch in, it would go away.
Any update on this?

Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mine is making the same noise, but louder and more often than the video shows. It made it when I had LTH's, as well as the stock manifolds I just put back on. I wouldn't believe it was a heat shield, unless the shield was hitting the body, which it doesn't sound like that's the case. I've had an intake, tune, and headers on my car so ford wont' bother to look at it anyway. I'm so fed up with the 'it's normal' characteristics of this car, especially the garbage Mt-82, that I'm probably going to sell it lol

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Mine is making the same noise, but louder and more often than the video shows. It made it when I had LTH's, as well as the stock manifolds I just put back on. I wouldn't believe it was a heat shield, unless the shield was hitting the body, which it doesn't sound like that's the case. I've had an intake, tune, and headers on my car so ford wont' bother to look at it anyway. I'm so fed up with the 'it's normal' characteristics of this car, especially the garbage Mt-82, that I'm probably going to sell it lol
Well shit... there goes my theory of it being the catalytic converter shielding. Looking at scat pack charger this weekend again. Hopefully I can trade the stang in for one.

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Well shit... there goes my theory of it being the catalytic converter shielding. Looking at scat pack charger this weekend again. Hopefully I can trade the stang in for one.
I'm probably going to go with a truck for a few years, maybe the GT will have a new tranny and motor that doesn't sound like a 1990's oldsmobile :ninja:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My car has 14,800 miles and I have this now too. Really hear it holding rpms steady at 1800. Also sometimes on slow takeoffs. Seems to make the noise under load or just neutral revving.

Sucks because I was just about to install PP2 kit this weekend but not with this shit.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My car has 14,800 miles and I have this now too. Really hear it holding rpms steady at 1800. Also sometimes on slow takeoffs. Seems to make the noise under load or just neutral revving.

Sucks because I was just about to install PP2 kit this weekend but not with this shit.
Take it to the dealer. They'll tell you it's normal. Have them put the pp2 kit on and it'd be warrantied.
Sponsored