Sponsored

Anyone else notice increased road rage toward you?

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
You're attributing other people's behavior to what you drive. I assure you it has nothing to do with it 99% of the time. The person that cut you off would have done so no matter what you were driving, it has nothing to do with your car. Yes, people are idiots, but your car doesn't make them so.

There can be the occasional person wanting to race a bit, but that's about it. Or maybe someone just wanting to compliment you.

99% of people are A-B transportation appliance drivers. They don't care about what they drive themselves, much less what you drive. They don't care about your car. They don't notice it, they don't give 1/2 a shit about it.

It's 99% perception, not reality. Too many people here are so obsessed with their car, they act like everyone else is too. And some drive faster, so they do piss people off, mostly by startling them by being somewhere they didn't expect. If you accelerate hard, another driver may think the next lane is clear, but it isn't because you romped on the throttle and showed up in their blind spot un-expectedly.

Other drivers may pull out in front of you. Not because they're dicks, but because they didn't expect you to accelerate so fast and be so close when they pulled out. They thought they had more time.

Ya'll need to stop blaming other drivers. It's both your perceptions, and the way you drive.

giphy.gif
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
People are plain stupid on the road, it's a bit scary to be honest. Yesterday I witnessed a guy get into a left turn lane and as soon as he got the arrow... turned right instead.

I get a lot of tailgaters in the Mustang, maybe trying to play "keep up". I let them pass me or I move over most of the time. Occasionally I'll just hit the gas and pull away to let them know that "no, you can't keep up with me". Pickups seem to be the worst for some reason. Funny thing is, almost all fast cars I encounter never do this.
Funny you should mention pickups....2 nights ago I was in 3rd or 4th merging on to the highway. This asshole in a truck with huge tires and a lift kit perked up and tried revving past me in the left lane (I was just coasting in the right lane).

...someone cut HIM off and he did some screeching.

Karma, she is a bitch! :D

-Emt1581

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
The only clear A-B comparison I can make is with lane changes. In my truck or wife's car if I turn my signal on to make change people either stay where they are or back up slightly to give me room. In my mustang as soon as the car beside/behind me see my blinker they speed up and try to block me out. It is a daily occurrence typically more than once. I still use my signal but I do have a bit more understanding of beamer owners.

In general I do notice more aggressive behavior but I will agree that could easily just be me looking for it more while driving my mustang.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I myself drive like a dick anyways so this is normal behavior.

Where I live, it's keep right except to pass. However, no one adheres to that law nor is it enforced. So when someone is in the left lane, I'll drop 2 gears and give them an earful as I get around them.

At this stage in my life, I ignore 90% of the people on the road. I don't really care what they are doing. I just drive defensively as much as I can.
Ditto that^. It's hard to tell people are raging at you when you're a quarter mile down the road. I might catch some flashers occasionally other than that and by and fly.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I forgot a few days ago I turned onto my local 2 lane from my country road with all clear both ways. I got a couple hundred yards and suddenly a Navigator is on my tail bigtime. I just cruised along at 10mph over the limit and a mile later got to another left turn onto US Rt 60 (also 2 lane there). It was a slight hill on the intersection so I'm going uphill to make my turn. She pulled right up on my bumper. I can only surmise that she does this to intimidate smaller cars with her giant SUV. I was annoyed at this point so I revved the crap (my car is pretty loud) out of it before I pulled up onto Rt 60 then hammered it up to third once I took off.

She never got within 200yds of me after that, even after I got back to cruising speed. It was hilarious.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
No i get compliments everywhere i go, even at the track. never been flipped off or anything!

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Someone spat on my drivers window once while it was parked. It was disgusting but i was thankful they didnt key it.

Last edited:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I had a Rally's milkshake dumped on my blistering 86 camaro V6 back around 1999. Absolutely nothing for anyone to be jealous of..lol

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
people try to kill me daily when I am out driving.
I almost get sideswiped everyday... People will pull out in front of me and come to a dead stop in the middle of the 45MPH road....
I'm certain that someone is going to hit my mustang within next few years.
Yep, same here. Happens a lot more when im in my mustang.

People are plain stupid on the road, it's a bit scary to be honest. Yesterday I witnessed a guy get into a left turn lane and as soon as he got the arrow... turned right instead.

I get a lot of tailgaters in the Mustang, maybe trying to play "keep up". I let them pass me or I move over most of the time. Occasionally I'll just hit the gas and pull away to let them know that "no, you can't keep up with me". Pickups seem to be the worst for some reason. Funny thing is, almost all fast cars I encounter never do this.
Thats true, its mostly trucks, minivans and crappy cars that do this. Mustangs, camaros, chargers, etc usually give me thumps up and leave me alone after that.

Sponsored

ghostmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Shadow Black
Haven't noticed this. I actually find it easier to get around people now. I feel like no one respected me wanting to pass in my old car or assumed I wouldn't keep the speed up or something, so ppl would stay in the left lane. I this car, ppl will move over with no issue, far in advance sometimes. The ones that dnt I assume are like that with everyone and I can definitely get around most of the time now. I mostly get compliments and double takes from men and women expecting a man behind the wheel, and lots of ppl trying to race.

I am not a super courteous driver, I speed nearly always, I switch lanes when need be, almost always drive in the left because I am always passing if I can, but I definitely get over and let ppl pass me as well.

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
Not a lot of road rage with this car for me. Seems to get a bit more space on the road from other drivers as well. Sequential turn signals seems to make bigger spaces for merging as well?

I've had more boy racers coming up in traffic doing their bit to try and get me to race etc. Usually Hondas and Toyotas. Occasional mid 90's Skyline. Had a guy in a Camaro once behave like an idjut for a half dozen blocks or so, getting up on my bumper, changing lanes and cutting me off...I assumed that was a normal Mustang/Camaro thing?

Lots of high end cars are driven really badly in Vancouver, (BMW's Bentleys, Porsche Cayenne etc) and I hear a lot of other drivers give them the business when they drift in their lane, sit and text when the light is green or stop for no reason cause they suddenly are confused about where they are etc. Mostly overseas drivers that arrive with no driving experience but tons of bucks to buy the most prestigious cars of the moment. They're the biggest targets here.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Not a lot of road rage with this car for me. Seems to get a bit more space on the road from other drivers as well. Sequential turn signals seems to make bigger spaces for merging as well?

I've had more boy racers coming up in traffic doing their bit to try and get me to race etc. Usually Hondas and Toyotas. Occasional mid 90's Skyline. Had a guy in a Camaro once behave like an idjut for a half dozen blocks or so, getting up on my bumper, changing lanes and cutting me off...I assumed that was a normal Mustang/Camaro thing?

Lots of high end cars are driven really badly in Vancouver, (BMW's Bentleys, Porsche Cayenne etc) and I hear a lot of other drivers give them the business when they drift in their lane, sit and text when the light is green or stop for no reason cause they suddenly are confused about where they are etc. Mostly overseas drivers that arrive with no driving experience but tons of bucks to buy the most prestigious cars of the moment. They're the biggest targets here.
Wait....you're in Canada...do they even have road rage up there or is it just varying degrees of polite/courtesy?? :lol:

-Emt1581

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I drive a Corolla. Of course I hate anyone in a Mustang GT. That's why I bought one. :)

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Haven't noticed this. I actually find it easier to get around people now. I feel like no one respected me wanting to pass in my old car or assumed I wouldn't keep the speed up or something, so ppl would stay in the left lane. I this car, ppl will move over with no issue, far in advance sometimes. The ones that dnt I assume are like that with everyone and I can definitely get around most of the time now. I mostly get compliments and double takes from men and women expecting a man behind the wheel, and lots of ppl trying to race.

I am not a super courteous driver, I speed nearly always, I switch lanes when need be, almost always drive in the left because I am always passing if I can, but I definitely get over and let ppl pass me as well.
I have actually noticed people are more quick to let me pass. I never tailgate and very, very rarely flash my lights behind someone. But if they're lagging I'll drop a gear and make myself sound race car-ish and they usually move.
Sponsored