Sponsored

Anyone else notice increased road rage toward you?

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Lol, yup, I stay all black everything lolol
Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Just had my 2016 GT for 4 days and people driving all kinds of vehicles (mini-vans, trucks, ricers, Camaros) constantly try to pass me/race me, it is pretty annoying. I thought with magnetic exterior color and black accent package I'd rather have a subtle look and fly under the radar. I live in a decent size city in the Midwest but there are not too many GTs here, way more Challengers and Camaros, maybe that's why.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The black accent package is way more noticeable than a regular GT because everyone is accustomed to seeing the chrome badge work and body color roof. When people see all that black trim they probably think 'this guy's a bro.'

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Just had it again yesterday heading home from work. A dark red Range Rover...failed to yield at an on ramp and then darted in front of me and cut me off again while getting on the highway. I was able to pass him and put a few cars between us but he kept weaving trying to catch up.

It's almost like people see the Mustang and thing...."Oh, a fast car, I gotta beat that guy!"

-Emt1581

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Over the past month of driving my Mustang, I've been flipped off, cut off (aggressively), yelled at, and honked at. I've lost count of how many times!

Now realize I have NOT been driving like a dick in this car...quite the opposite! I don't tailgate, don't race, don't cut others off, weave, etc....none of that! This car is my baby and it's badass, no need to show off against the Corollas and SUV's.
One thing you fail to mention is if you use your cell phone while driving. Not saying this is you, but consider this:

I notice a lot of driver's who stay in the passing lane cruising at a constant speed, slowly passing other cars in the right lane, while checking their phone. In their head they are driving perfectly normally and not bothering anyone. I mention cell phone usage because they are looking at it instead of their mirrors.

In reality there is a line of traffic stacking up behind them and the drivers who want to go much faster are getting more aggressive about it the longer they are forced to wait in the line. When they finally pass the "offender" on the right side they cut them off and flip the bird, honk, etc.

That's the really insidious part of cell phone users, they can cause a huge amount of road rage and they don't know they're doing it. Then they are shocked (SHOCKED!!) when they get cut off/flipped bird/honked/etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
One thing you fail to mention is if you use your cell phone while driving. Not saying this is you, but consider this:

I notice a lot of driver's who stay in the passing lane cruising at a constant speed, slowly passing other cars in the right lane, while checking their phone. In their head they are driving perfectly normally and not bothering anyone. I mention cell phone usage because they are looking at it instead of their mirrors.

In reality there is a line of traffic stacking up behind them and the drivers who want to go much faster are getting more aggressive about it the longer they are forced to wait in the line. When they finally pass the "offender" on the right side they cut them off and flip the bird, honk, etc.

That's the really insidious part of cell phone users, they can cause a huge amount of road rage and they don't know they're doing it. Then they are shocked (SHOCKED!!) when they get cut off/flipped bird/honked/etc.
I didn't fail to mention it because I don't do it. I was never a big one for texting while driving. And in the Mustang, I've tried it a couple times just to see if I could do it....nope!

The action you describe pisses me off as well! Nothing worse than being stuck behind someone in the passing lane that is either not passing or is being passed by the right lane. But again, that's not me.

-Emt1581

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
True whether or not the front driver is using the cell phone. I get furious when traffic is going 10 mph and the person in front of me in the passing lane leaves a huge gap in front of them. Everyone in the slow lane just keeps pulling into the gap.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
True whether or not the front driver is using the cell phone. I get furious when traffic is going 10 mph and the person in front of me in the passing lane leaves a huge gap in front of them. Everyone in the slow lane just keeps pulling into the gap.
That's why I hate dully pickup trucks. I can never tell if they have anyone in front of them.

Sometimes I wait around back there for them to move over only to find out they're just slow pokin it, but then sometimes I whip around them to find out there's a line of cars in front then I'm stuck in the slow lane.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I got a lot of road rage inflicted upon me when I had a loaner Fusion Hybrid. Tailgating, aggressive overtaking, being cut off. Of course, I tried to use the right lane as much as possible and stayed at the speed limit; acceleration was done in a leisurely fashion (gotta grow those green leaves on the efficiency score display!)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This
Screenshot_20170628-161858.jpg

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Gotta watch it with those fusion hybrids, people be gettin JELLY :hail:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Haters ...

Most of the time is people just wanting to hate on someone just because they have a shitty life or crappy day. They have to take their frustrations out on someone or just vent on the road. I've had people get pissed off at me because
I am driving too fast (or rather faster than they are) cell phone users that don't
like the fact you passed them and then they give you the bird. Funny thing is
they actually caused my behavior so they should just stick that bird where the sun don't shine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TJ91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 5.0
for no legitimate reason, people try to be d**ks and do all kinds of stupid things when I drive my mustang.

Funny, my DD before this was my 2010 Camaro and I would get the odd douche doing the same. My brother has a S550 and ever since the day he got it, people have always road raged against him for no reason, mostly just being a d**k for no reason. Soon as I got my 5oh, I was like great, this is what my poor brother was dealing with all this time

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Jealousy ...

for no legitimate reason, people try to be d**ks and do all kinds of stupid things when I drive my mustang.

Funny, my DD before this was my 2010 Camaro and I would get the odd douche doing the same. My brother has a S550 and ever since the day he got it, people have always road raged against him for no reason, mostly just being a d**k for no reason. Soon as I got my 5oh, I was like great, this is what my poor brother was dealing with all this time
Plain and simple. Most of them are driving Honda Civic,Toyota FRS, Subaru WRX
Then you have Acura, Lexus, BMW jerks. They definitely have an American Muscle envy complex. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

:ford:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Lately I've been getting idiots with corollas tail gating me or trying to race me pretty funny actually. Like wtf really?
Sponsored