Sponsored

Anyone else notice increased road rage toward you?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Over the past month of driving my Mustang, I've been flipped off, cut off (aggressively), yelled at, and honked at. I've lost count of how many times!

Now realize I have NOT been driving like a dick in this car...quite the opposite! I don't tailgate, don't race, don't cut others off, weave, etc....none of that! This car is my baby and it's badass, no need to show off against the Corollas and SUV's.

In my 20+ years I've been flipped off maybe twice and a handfull of horn honks. Cut off a ton but not aggressively, just because a car length of space communicates the opportunity to change lanes (cut off) around here. But never had this amount of aggression.

Does anyone else notice this? Are people unnecessarily aggressive and rude toward you...seemingly just because of the car we drive?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Jealous assholes, most likely....

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
Maybe there is another car that looks just like yours in the area and that driver is reckless. All the other drivers are mistaking you for the other person.

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'd ask if you lived in Houston, Texas but noticed you live in PA. I have lost count many moons ago as to how many times such incidents have happened to me. Not sure why, what reasoning it's based on, or if people are just having a bad day. This day and age I just press on, laugh it off, and thank the guy above that I'm not like that idiot.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you're getting flipped off or yelled at repeatedly there's something you're doing they don't like. You seriously have no clue?

One or two times, sure maybe the other driver is just an asshat. Some people turn into self entitled monsters behind the wheel

I didn't notice any change when I got the mustang.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Over the past month of driving my Mustang, I've been flipped off, cut off (aggressively), yelled at, and honked at. I've lost count of how many times!

Now realize I have NOT been driving like a dick in this car...
Yes......yes you have. It's not the car, it's how you're driving it.

Or.....you're just being too sensitive because new Mustang. I guarantee you no one is acting any different driving around you due to your car, it's either your driving, or your perceptions.

Last edited:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Do an experiment.
For one day, drive absolutely perfectly.
Do the speed limit, use your signal, be courteous, don't tailgate, stay in the right lane etc.

See how that goes.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
No, that has never happened to me. Sorry you have to deal with it...

Sponsored

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Never happened to me. Generally around where I live, the Mustang gets a lot of positive attention from other drivers, pedestrians, even cops. Are you revving the crap out of your engine? Burnouts? Speeding? Etc... People don't usually discriminate against a car... it's because of how it's driven.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I noticed this right away after getting my car. I drive the GT350 and get a lot of polarized reactions. Some people say "great car, man" and other drivers are absolute dicks. I get in my pickup and go un-noticed. It's not how I drive, it's the car. I termed it Mustang Envy in another forum.

As an example, a few days after getting the car I was stopped (yep stopped) at a red light. An SUV pulled up inches away from my rear bumper and flipped on his brights. WTF? I have no explanation. He hadn't been following me and had just made a right turn into the lane behind me. Plenty of room for him.

OP: You're not alone!

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
If anything I get less road rage around me then when I'm in my truck

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score