Sponsored

How many have garage queens?

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i bought a second car to keep miles off of my mustang but then i realized that its just a GT, its nothing special, i see grandma's driving them on the daily, so now i continue to daily mine almost 80 miles a day and drive my GLI sometimes when i feel i want too (its a bagged VW with 101,000 miles idk how much longer it has left). Never understood why people keep their normal GT's sitting in the garage, i manage to keep mine almost always clean with a long commute. Sure it has a lot of rock chips and i put 14,000 miles on it in just 8 months even with a second car, but, its a car, its meant to be driven, and its hard to keep myself from driving it. :headbang:
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
My 17 is 7 months old and just broke 2000miles. There is no way in hell im driving in winter up here. Most people have garage queens in my area. Today is really nice out and noticed tons of muscle/sports cars out that you wouldnt of seen even a week ago.

I work commute is 70kms one way and the parking lot is door ding heaven. My coworkers 370z passenger door looks like someone hit it 32 times with a ballpeen hammer.

No thanks! Some may not understand the concept of trying to keep a car prestine. Its something I take pride in.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There is an older post addressing the same topic.
It includes multiple comments from members that don't understand, comprehend or appreciate the "garage queen" concept or thought process.

For me, nothing is better than getting out on the road just before sunrise while it's still cool and traffic is minimal.
The difference is that you're willing to put some miles on yours, which is a different sort of enjoyment than you might get from endlessly detailing the same rarely-driven ultra-low miles car.

I get the concept of wanting to maintain a car's appearance in like-new condition . . . up to the point where doing so interferes with your willingness to drive it at least during the non-winter months.

FWIW, my '08 sees under 5000 miles/year (probably well under that) these days, as my wife and I are both retired and we have two other cars. But it gets driven year round. Be no different if it was an S550 (up to and including at least the non-R GT350).

Norm

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think I just don't like getting her dirty and rock chips.
I don't find work commutes fun. I would rather take her out later at night or early morning for some therapeutic drives.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Year and a half owned 7900 miles.

I carpool and so only drive the Mustang 2-3 times per week.

And i can promise i enjoy it just as much as anyone else here, in my way, even if it doesn't already have 200,000 miles and destroyed paint. :D

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I've given some thought to buying a beater to commute with before next winter arrives. Winters are hit and miss here, lately they've been pretty mild. I can work from home during bad weather and take advantage of it. I can afford a beater but need to determine if the cost/benefit is worth it. If I had a 3 car garage or the extra parking space I'd probably do it in a heartbeat. I still have a kid at home and have to do the driveway shuffle often as it is.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I travel heavily for work so I don't get to take it out as much as I want to. Bought March of 2015 and I just crossed 12k.

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
For a regular GT I say drive it. I traded in a 5 yr old vert with 13k miles should have drove it more!

My 75 Vette gets driven once a week too, I can't appreciate them unless driven.

But like others have said depending on location, climate may not be a daily driver. I got 13k miles after 9 months with my GT!

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
As far as my insurance company knows, it's a garage queen.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I don't get the garage queen concept on a 30k car that will depreciate incredibly fast. For me, it's my most expensive purchase to date, but I drive it every day. No point in letting all that power sit. I do understand letting it sit in winters though.

Sponsored

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO. Kenne Bell 2.8lc
Y'all are gonna blast me for this but....2015 GT....375 miles.

I have a work truck soooo....that's my daily. My son is almost 2 now and he LOVES the car. When I get back to working on it he will be in there and can finally ride in it.

One other thing. Don't Care about depreciation. If I cared I would buy a used Honda. I bought it to look awesome and be fun for many years. I won't sell it and I will just buy another car when it's time. How many cars in your past do you wish you still had? I have 5 on my list. I'm done getting rid of them.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
8 month old - special ordered 2017 GT Prem PP with 1,020 miles.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all are gonna blast me for this but....2015 GT....375 miles.

I have a work truck soooo....that's my daily. My son is almost 2 now and he LOVES the car. When I get back to working on it he will be in there and can finally ride in it.

One other thing. Don't Care about depreciation. If I cared I would buy a used Honda. I bought it to look awesome and be fun for many years. I won't sell it and I will just buy another car when it's time. How many cars in your past do you wish you still had? I have 5 on my list. I'm done getting rid of them.
Dude, 375 miles and all those mods installed? How do you not drive the damn thing???

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Bought my '16 new in Oct '15, now has 3,600 miles. I have no thoughts or delusions about it being a "classic, rare car" someday. I have a work car and a truck, I would never take it to the job sites I go to. Mud, rocks, dust, off-road conditions, heavy equipment moving everywhere. I'd be a f*cking idiot to take the only new car I ever had on those sites when I have others to drive. It's a summer toy to drive, haul a** and carry on when I want. That's what I bought it for.

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO. Kenne Bell 2.8lc
Dude, 375 miles and all those mods installed? How do you not drive the damn thing???
Dude....that's how bugs get on it. Lol honestly though..it's under construction a lot. My son was also hating on the back seat feeling like a cave. He will only ride in my work truck, personal truck, or momma's car (which he also hates). He's getting old enough though to where he will appreciate the car. His favorite toy car is a Mustang lol.
Sponsored